Gleenus

Is this outside the community standards?

Recommended Posts

gaymime    3622
1 minute ago, Cheggf said:

Your issue with actual literal real life children cybering isn't actual literal real life children cybering, but the potential for them to also be able to do a dance while playing as a videogame character who's a child? And if they wanted to do that so bad they're downloading mods for it I think they'd just download the mod Wardin was talking about or a different game entirely.

my issue with real life children cybering has not been addressed and isnt part of this conversation. my issue is that there are actual laws against what presents itself as pedophilia and that the op should not take such a serious risk over what basically is a meme from a half decade ago. please dont try and get into a fight with me over something i didnt say just because you are in a bad mood. it is really unbecoming and WILL get this thread locked

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
x0-VERSUS-1y    6193

You guys philosophically going at this 2nd hand meme realize out there in the wild pubs and discords, OP and his friends are hi5ing each-other for basically $hit-posting (and not even on Max's memes) cartoons twerking on KLei forums, right?!

Edited by x0-VERSUS-1y
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cheggf    860
8 minutes ago, gaymime said:

my issue with real life children cybering has not been addressed and isnt part of this conversation. my issue is that there are actual laws against what presents itself as pedophilia and that the op should not take such a serious risk over what basically is a meme from a half decade ago. please dont try and get into a fight with me over something i didnt say just because you are in a bad mood. it is really unbecoming and WILL get this thread locked

They're fully clothed videogame characters that don't even look like children and barely even look like humans who are dancing. If you think that's presenting itself as pedophilic...

It's definitely not against the law, no idea what you're talking about.

  • Like 1
  • Potato Cup 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lbphero    2619
1 hour ago, Hornete said:

remember when we had cool mods in the making like Up and Away, Creeps in the Deeps and Intestinal Obstruction

 

good times they were

I miss those times....

 

But honestly, I'd say it's worth them all moving to the Emote Expansion mod since we'll get like...what was it? 23 more pages of emotes? Sounds good to me.

3 hours ago, Gleenus said:

The question is: Should I put a flag in the mod to prevent Wendy and Walter to twerk?

yes and webber too

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gleenus    63

Guys, this thread is going to the wrong direction.

I really not trying to make any "fight" here.
I just want to know if there is a problem to allow all characters to twerk, I want to finish this mod today :wilson_ecstatic:
 

For my culture its a okay, but I don't know for Klei community standards

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bruhmoment23    6588
1 minute ago, Lbphero said:

u wanna elaborate on that

3 hours ago, Gleenus said:

Here in Brasil is very common to see the children twerking for fun, so I didn't imagined that this could be a problem

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gaymime    3622
5 minutes ago, Gleenus said:

Guys, this thread is going to the wrong direction.

I really not trying to make any "fight" here.
I just want to know if there is a problem to allow all characters to twerk, I want to finish this mod today :wilson_ecstatic:
 

For my culture its a okay, but I don't know for Klei community standards

well, we can just ask @JoeW directly what he thinks

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Well-met    3920

if klei had never told anybody wendy and company were kids, nobody would've known.

The art style very well makes any character look in their 20s up to late 30s.

same with genderizing the giant mutated monsters for some reason.

nothing in the game whatsoever (pre-refresh era) directly points to these two subjects and it should have been left to the player's interpretation.

 

Edited by Well-met
  • Like 1
  • Potato Cup 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gleenus    63
5 minutes ago, gaymime said:

well, we can just ask @JoeW directly what he thinks

I sent a direct message for some admins, now I will wait for the answer

Thank you all!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gleenus    63
17 minutes ago, Lbphero said:

u wanna elaborate on that

So, I don't know what is allowed exactly in the community, so I think I can't share videos here
But the children here do not see twerking as a sexual thing, is something similar to hula hoop

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Well-met    3920
7 minutes ago, Lbphero said:

do you....read any quotes in the game? ever at all? 

Yes. wendy's chat mostly talks about playing with abigal and mourning her, aswell as wanting to kill herself.

and webber literally fused into a spider and could hardly be called human.

your point of view is biased from what we know today. There really aren't that many direct references to them being children before Klei developed the lore with obscure forum posts, the compendium, refreshes and all that jazz.

Edited by Well-met
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lbphero    2619
2 minutes ago, Well-met said:

Yes. wendy's chat mostly talks about playing with abigal and mourning her.

and webber literally fused into a spider and could hardly be called human.

your point of view is biased from what we know today. There really aren't that many direct references to them being children before Klei developed the lore with obscure forum posts, the compendium, refreshes and all that jazz.

wendy's quotes, however depressing, have always hinted, no, pointed, no, just short of _stated_ that she was a child. Webber even more so, I have no god damn idea how you can examine a single thing with webber and not think "this creature is of very childish mind". 

Since release of both of these characters they have been thought to be children in the community....open eyes please

Edited by Lbphero
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sacri    46
4 minutes ago, Gleenus said:

But the children here do not see twerking as a sexual thing, is something similar to hula hoop

And the weird thing is that's actually true :wilson_curious:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Well-met    3920
2 minutes ago, Lbphero said:

these characters they have been thought to be children in the community

yes. Interpretation is the safest solution to any concerns with sensitive subjects like this thread. hence my point it should have stayed that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lbphero    2619
2 minutes ago, Well-met said:

yes. Interpretation is the safest solution to any concerns with sensitive subjects like this thread. hence my point it should have stayed that way.

its like saying that someone hasn't explicitly stated their age so even though they look and act like a child and everyone thinks they're a child they might not be so its ok 

Just now, sinisterrkid said:

 

very cool vid like this vid

Edited by Lbphero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Well-met    3920
2 minutes ago, Lbphero said:

its like saying that someone hasn't explicitly stated their age so even though they look and act like a child

Does the dont starve art style actually make them look like children though? There's no difference between Willow and the other girls and yet apparently she's confirmed 20ish. They all have the same proportions for gameplay purposes.

wicker and maxwell could very easily pass for late 30s aswell - assuming dont starve tries to emulate a semblance of human biology - as some people age very poorly.

wig could also pass for a kid aswell from the ingame art.

I remain convinced people see those as kids only because they've directly been told they were such from out-of-the-game trivia.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lbphero    2619
4 minutes ago, Well-met said:

Does the dont starve art style actually make them look like children though? There's no difference between Willow and the other girls and yet apparently she's confirmed 20ish. They all have the same proportions for gameplay purposes.

wicker and maxwell could very easily pass for late 30s aswell - assuming dont starve tries to emulate a semblance of human biology - as some people age very poorly.

wig could also pass for a kid aswell from the ingame art.

I remain convinced people see those as kids only because they've directly been told they were such from out-of-the-game trivia.

Yes, in fact, the don't starve art style makes wendy (and walter) look like children, despite them having the same height and proportions as the other characters. Look at how they dress and how they talk. Webber is more complicated because we don't ever get to see his actual skin, just the spider layer in front of it. However he makes up for this by being one of the most explicilty child characters in what they say when you examine stuff, and stuff like his victorian outfit...

if you honestly think that the only reason that people think wendy/webber, the characters that scream child in design & quotes/ just quotes respectively, then i can only assume that you have only looked at wendy for nanoseconds at a time and have never read quotes for either

Edited by Lbphero
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gleenus    63
10 minutes ago, JoeW said:

If you came here with a machine gun mod and you were shooting a bunch of the characters, a lot of people would react the same way - because it's well outside of the spirit of the game. Some people will find it funny, die-hards probably will not. 

I understand the issues with this, but I am not comfortable with saying this is against the rules.

If you don't like the mod, that's up to you - but please keep posts polite and constructive. Thanks. 

So if I'm allowed to publish the mod without restrictions?

Thanks for your answer!

I love this game and its community! I'm not expecting an answer that fast!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gaymime    3622
3 minutes ago, Well-met said:

Does the dont starve art style actually make them look like children though? There's no difference between Willow and the other girls and yet apparently she's confirmed 20ish. They all have the same proportions for gameplay purposes.

wicker and maxwell could very easily pass for late 30s aswell - assuming dont starve tries to emulate a semblance of human biology - as some people age very poorly.

wig could also pass for a kid aswell from the ingame art.

I remain convinced people see those as kids only because they've directly been told they were such from out-of-the-game trivia.

no. context clues are important for understanding a character and i personally am not going to peg someone who says "makes the beasts nakey" and "we can keep our bath toys in it" as an adult

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now