[Game Update] - 435626

• Developer

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed MacOS Catalina crashing on startup
  • Bulbous Lightbugs will not try to return home if led far enough away.
  • The wormholes used to link the retrofitted land will no longer cause a sanity drain. (This will only affect newly retrofitted worlds, worlds that have already been retrofitted will not have this change.)
  • Adjusted the Bulbous Lightbug respawn time.
  • Fixed a bug with the minimap icons for the Celestial Sanctum Icon and ward.
  • Greater Gestalts will now play a death animation when killed and no longer drop souls for wortox.
  • Mush Gnomes will no longer continue to spawn spores when it dies
  • Fixed a worldgen bug with the archive that could place the Sealed Portal in other rooms.
  • Traps can no longer be picked up while they are in the process of trapping something (this was causing a bug where the something would be lost)
  • Fixed a mismatch in animation with the Ancient Moon Statues.
  • Fixed invisible Sentrypede fire.
  • Fixed retrofitted worlds Fountain’s of Knowledge
  • Fixed a bug causing certain world settings to not get applied.
  • Fixed bugs with the Moose/Goose and Moslings that prevented them from leaving after the spring.
  • Fixed a bug causing modded client rpcs to be invalid.
  • Fixed a rare crash when the Crabby Hermit is done fishing.
  • Fixed missing strings for moisture resistance wearing off
  • Fixed missing filter string in the cookbook
  • Roasted Birchnuts are now displayed properly in the cookbook recipes

Changes:

• The Distilled Knowledge will give blueprints when unlocked instead of auto granting the recipes.
  • The Astral Detector won’t fold up when it no longer is required, it will wait to be folded up manually.

View full update

• Like 25
  • Thanks 6
  • Sad Dupe 1

43 minutes ago, Jason said:

Fixed bugs with the Moose/Goose and Moslings that prevented them from leaving after the spring.

Back when the other way to keep moslings was patched a few months ago, there was some discussion about possibly implementing a way to start rain to combat wildfires, since that was the main reason why players were glitching the moslings outside of Spring.

Is that idea still floating around? :love_heart:

• Like 11

Serious question- how is one supposed to logically fit a huge fat Beefalo inside a teeny tiny Spelunking hole? With Woby it makes Sense because she can shrink down to pup size.. but a Fat 8x as big as the hole Beefalo?

Yeah... I’m leaving it up to @minespatch to draw art of Wilson Trying to cram a Stuck Beefalo into that spelunking hole. Haha

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

Serious question- how is one supposed to logically fit a huge fat Beefalo inside a teeny tiny Spelunking hole? With Woby it makes Sense because she can shrink down to pup size.. but a Fat 8x as big as the hole Beefalo?

Yeah... I’m leaving it up to @minespatch to draw art of Wilson Trying to cram a Stuck Beefalo into that spelunking hole. Haha

have you ever seen the animation for when a boat breaks while you're riding a beefalo on it? I imagine it like that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Developer
1 hour ago, lakhnish said:

Back when the other way to keep moslings was patched a few months ago, there was some discussion about possibly implementing a way to start rain to combat wildfires, since that was the main reason why players were glitching the moslings outside of Spring.

Is that idea still floating around? :love_heart:

Yes, I was talking to Zach about it when I saw that fix go in. The idea is not lost, it just needs to be done right.

3 minutes ago, Mime said:

just regular blueprints????? 

It's converting the knowledge into something the players can read (fingers crossed that this satisfies them)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 13
  • Wavey 1
  • GL Happy 2

I am glad the Moosegoose bug has been fixed, it was troublesome whenever players use it in dedicated servers. Other than lag, some people abuse it, causing rain year-round to kill new players joining after. I really hope if new features be added for prevent wild fire, it will be something else different than rainning. And so far, players can always turn off wild fire entirely, in world gen option.

6 minutes ago, FuriousChimera said:

some people abuse it, causing rain year-round to kill new players joining after.

i dont doubt this can happen but like i have never seen or heard about this ever happening, do you have like a screen example or something?

Edited by Lbphero

12 minutes ago, Lbphero said:

i dont doubt this can happen but like i have never seen or heard about this ever happening, do you have like a screen example or something?

I actually saw it several times, I don't take screenshot cuz it was on Klei servers - why bother. They hit Moosling, causing rain in autumn, so definitely wasn't for prevent wild fire.

Edited by FuriousChimera

5 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

Yes, I was talking to Zach about it when I saw that fix go in. The idea is not lost, it just needs to be done right.

It's converting the knowledge into something the players can read (fingers crossed that this satisfies them)

WE DONT KNOW THE WORD SATISFIED AHAHAH!

thank you!

• Happy Hazard 1

9 hours ago, Jason said:

Fixed bugs with the Moose/Goose and Moslings that prevented them from leaving after the spring.

9 hours ago, Jason said:

Fixed retrofitted worlds Fountain’s of Knowledge

Thank you so much, especially for this!

8 hours ago, FuriousChimera said:

They hit Moosling, causing rain in autumn, so definitely wasn't for prevent wild fire.

We didn't hit them, just walked nearby so they get aggroed and trigger rain.

In controlled worlds it was a very useful feature, it gave players the choice to avoid wildfires altogether regardless of the base size without having to disable it in the settings, made summer's heat slightly more bearable, plants and crops would never wither, and antlion didn't spawn whenever you didn't feel like dealing with her. It was also the main way for a solo WX to aquire a reazonable charge whenever playing alone.

I never saw it on public servers but I haven't been on much lately, I can understand it could be a strong griefing/trolling tool as well. I hope we get a decent replacement eventually.

Edited by ShadowDuelist
  • Like 2