You need to redirect the focus of the activity.

Finally, I want to say something about this game, which I like so much, but in which something is missing..

The ideas are great, but the developers' steps are frankly surprising.

They have full-fledged projects - shiprecked and hamlet - well, just translate them into multiplayer and everyone will love it madly..

No, you need to draw some acorns that nobody f***ng needs.

Key problems have not been solved for years, but we constantly get a new pack of skins and trinkets.. In other things, as elsewhere.. Marketing kills the idea and meaning of the game..

I asked why such "must have" modifications as "show me" are simply not added to the game client?

And I got the answer from the administrator "well, they need to be supported constantly".

What to support? You have to do these things yourself if you make quality content. And you wouldn't have to support anything if you had YOUR content.

I believe that shipwrecked and hamlet in multiplayer should have been well in 2015 and that would have given the project more popularity. 

And content that would give clarity to actions - in 2010.

PS
Funbase, Hello and goodbuy ;)

1 hour ago, OrdoXenos said:

I believe that shiprecked and hamlet in multiplayer should have been well in 2015 

hey by the way OP you do know that hamlet came out in 2018 right? because if were looking at the words you said then you clearly have`nt done much research 

personally i would love to disagree with everything in this thread but i cant be bothered because i know everyone else is gonna do the same 

although I would like to see "hamlet" and "shipwrecked" content in DST ... I like the idea of having different content between part

3 hours ago, OrdoXenos said:

Marketing kills the idea and meaning of the game..

that's EA ... not Klei:wilson_love:

Spoiler

1310801409_CA7-copia.jpg.2ced4759c53f489abba2046e91353782.jpg

Bringing Hamlet and shipwrecked sounds nice in theory. Then imagine how hard it is sto support caves on some computers. Imagine having two additional complicated worlds you need to load. Turning on the game would take hours. 

It's already a problem on public servers that ruins are rushed by certain players leaving you nothing to gather. Can you just imagine what would happen in those dlc? Because I can and it makes me shudder. 

I assume you're leaving the forum now. This will be mean, but I'm glad. 

I have this way of figuring stuff out with a group of people, which is throwing random ideas and checking who will like which. The most crucial part of that process is however listening to he responses. You just throw your unsupported opinions and ignore all feedback. We don't need people like that on the forums. 

I hope this thread will not evolve into some sort of mess now, and I hope we don't have more instances like your post series. It's exasperating.

DS and DST are two separate games, both being supported with different content to keep them marketable. If anything, DS should be supported more with little quality of life changes that DST players enjoy.

Mods such as Show Me invalidate several items used for organization, like the mini signs and feathered pencils, things that encourage smart design and tidiness for easy materials access. It also shows health bars, which makes the game easier as well as putting more of a drain (however slight) on computers, and could very well make the game unplayable for some people. 

I can understand the hype to add more "essential" mods to the game since Quick Drop got added, but that's up to the developers. Implementing something like Quick Drop, which is something optional and unobtrusive, compared to talking about implementing something like Show Me or the G10MMER mod, is like comparing apples to oranges. Implementing mods that make massive changes to the intented core gameplay is something that shouldn't be expected to happen, and it's foolish to demand as such.

I just had to hide a bunch of off-topic or rude posts. If you have something constructive to add to the thread, please do. However if you do not like the topic and don't have anything meaningful to contribute, just move on. Thanks. 

2 hours ago, 1bubbainpa said:

If they brought shipwrecked and hamlet to DST for free, who would buy the DLCs for single player? 

Additionally, how would we separate these worlds? How would we do Hamlet instances?

Actually the answer to that is quite easy, and back a long time ago I made a thread detailing the how’s and why’s of how it should work.

Who ever said that the DLCS should be free? Whoever said that clearly did not read my entire thread- when I buy a cool dlc pack in Minecraft my friends NEVER have to also buy it.. what my friends have to do is sit through a longer loading screen that reads as “Downloading DLC Assets” In other words-

Anyone can join Hamlet and Shipwrecked worlds as long as the HOST owns those expansions. It’s a product model Minecraft has been using for YEARS and it works-

My friends who actually enjoy the DLC that I host will buy their own version so they can play whenever I’m NOT around to host it, and the player fanbase never gets separated between who has and does not have these Add-Ons.

50831814-4D56-4BDD-955B-7C4E170783A2.gif.a9a32f2e1c3b5d42e5d3eb3c8fd06ca8.gif

Look at this gif Closely.. see that blinking area that’s being highlighted Forest World? An area you can actually scroll to and Highlight but don’t have any options to change- Yeah this is where you’d choose Hamlet or Shipwrecked World.

but as JoeW and crew have explained to me time and time again- Shipwrecked and Hamlet content may never be playable inside DST without the use of Mods :( 

Well, for one thing Hamlet didn't EXIST in 2015. And Shipwrecked was still in beta!  

For another thing...as people pointed out:  Loading times.  I just started a new world with the Island Adventures mod on and hoooo...it definitely took longer to start up.  I've got kind of a potato of a computer, but so do some others.  Shipwrecked AND Hamlet...

Well I guess they could work the way they do in singleplayer, which is, as seperate shards not part of the main area.  That you get to by building a specific item, that requires some work and fancy ingredients to make.  But that wouldn't be what we were originally talking about, I think.  I myself have always wanted a world where you could play RoG style on the mainland and then sail off into the Shipwrecked islands smoothly, but I know full WELL why that wouldn't work and probably never will.  So I've never angrily demanded it, or even persistently asked.

...Notorious

10 hours ago, OrdoXenos said:

They have full-fledged projects - shiprecked and hamlet - well, just translate them into multiplayer and everyone will love it madly..

They already merged the caves & ruins together into a single caves/ruins layer to lower the amount of servers a server has to run from 3 to 2. Adding Shipwrecked and Hamlet would need to add several more. I believe it would be Shipwrecked surface, Shipwrecked volcano, Hamlet surface, and Hamlet ruins. Or maybe the Hamlet ruins work like however they got the Hamlet houses to work, but that raises another potential issue of I'm not sure if the DST engine can do what Hamlet does.

I believe they've said that they aren't going to be porting those into DST, and I agree with that decision. While it would be fun to play them with your friends you can always just play them by yourself. I much prefer new content being added.

Key problems have not been solved for years, but we constantly get a new pack of skins and trinkets.. In other things, as elsewhere.. Marketing kills the idea and meaning of the game..

What key problems? And Klei is a company, I doubt they have one person doing everything. There's probably artist(s) making the skins and coder(s) making the things you're asking for.

I asked why such "must have" modifications as "show me" are simply not added to the game client?

And I got the answer from the administrator "well, they need to be supported constantly".

What to support? You have to do these things yourself if you make quality content. And you wouldn't have to support anything if you had YOUR content.

I believe that shiprecked and hamlet in multiplayer should have been well in 2015 and that would have given the project more popularity. 

Why should the ugly cheating mods be added to the base game? Ignoring the fact that that would make a lot of people upset and you can just download them yourself if you want them, you just said that Klei needs to not do whatever they're doing so that they can focus on porting over DLCs, but now you're saying that they should support mods instead.

2 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Didn't you post a very similiar thread yesterday?

He seems to post every thread twice. The first thread of his I saw was him saying the game needs a dungeon and a few other things, the next thread saying the game needs a dungeon, the next thread saying the game needs certain mods made base, this thread saying certain mods made base. At this point I'm thinking he might be trolling due to the repetitiveness of his threads, but maybe I'm wrong and he just really wants his opinions out there.

1 hour ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Well, for one thing Hamlet didn't EXIST in 2015. And Shipwrecked was still in beta!  

For another thing...as people pointed out:  Loading times.  I just started a new world with the Island Adventures mod on and hoooo...it definitely took longer to start up.  I've got kind of a potato of a computer, but so do some others.  Shipwrecked AND Hamlet...

Well I guess they could work the way they do in singleplayer, which is, as seperate shards not part of the main area.  That you get to by building a specific item, that requires some work and fancy ingredients to make.  But that wouldn't be what we were originally talking about, I think.  I myself have always wanted a world where you could play RoG style on the mainland and then sail off into the Shipwrecked islands smoothly, but I know full WELL why that wouldn't work and probably never will.  So I've never angrily demanded it, or even persistently asked.

...Notorious

Not to discredit mod creators- but the way they “Shoehorn” in Hamlet and Shipwrecked content into DST is not.. and never has been what I’m asking for.

And yes I have been paying attention to Klei’s Return of Them updates very closely if a certain mob or feature from those dlcs fits into DST nicely.. then Klei adds it in without it feeling “Shoehorned” Wobster and Wobster den for example.

In my above gif if you look really closely at it- you can see that you can highlight the Area titled Forest World.. But CURRENTLY there aren’t any options available when selecting it.. I logically don’t see why you can’t change this setting to Hamlet World or Shipwrecked World or DS Classic World (With the cardboard cutout sea)

Changing that one simple setting- then alters every other setting to match its SW/Ham counter parts- My campaign for this content was NEVER about throwing it all into one world (they can do tiny bits here and there like maybe a small themed island if they like) but if you want a FULL ON Hamlet experience.. you have to actually change that setting that reads as Forest World to Hamlet world.

Your not running 15-20 different server shards at once, because if you host your world as HAMLET then Hamlet content replaces Forest.. etc.

Your only ever hosting a DST RoT world, a DS Classic World, Hamlet World or Shipwrecked World.. but your NOT hosting them all together at once (good god that would be horrible)

Im trying to kick open doors for DST to have updates for many years to come.. imagine if you could say for example change that setting that reads as Forest World- to Lunar World.. which makes the large part of your game map Lunar Content.. and the tiny island previously reserved for Lunar Content- into the regular world.

what we have now is probably 75% Main Land, 15% Lunar Land...

But what if you could flip those stats and have a world that’s 15% Main Land and 75% Lunar?

I mean if this is all a TL:DR- then I’ll cut it short by asking why can we even highlight that section prior to hosting a world, If Klei doesn’t plan to ever actually give us any options to change that section?

Unfortunately nothing is ever as easy as we think it should be. The tasks involved with adding such DLC content is not only a task in of itself, but it could also alter the identity of the core game itself. In essence, DST is a hand-knit scarf that needs to be very carefully woven in order to maintain itself.

TL;DR my own rant on what I think of popularity in something:

Spoiler

I get worried about what would happen if the game were suddenly a popular trend much in the same fashion that I don't like to go to restaurants that are busy even with a reservation in hand; too many people with too much of a need for a particular resource that usually ends up in lower quality than before. "Once upon a time there was an old man whom loved to go to a diner ever since he was a young man, the staff came to know him, and he always loved to order a cup of coffee and a turkey club sandwich, the diner was eventually passed down to the grandson of the previous owner after they had passed previously, and the grandson had great aspirations to once again make the restaurant popular again. After it was renovated it became very loud and busy filled with modern music, people, and food. It was successful. After dining there a few times with an open heart, the old man since found that this place was his home no more, and with both great dignity and a broken heart, left it for the younger generations to enjoy."

Who was wrong in that scenario? No one. Everyone only wanted what was best for themselves and the restaurant they loved; but it is unrealistic to believe that popularity can't warp the original identity of whatever it stumbles upon. As such, I would ultimately support any decision that Klei wishes to take with their IP, but I cannot say it would benefit everyone; myself included.

13 hours ago, OrdoXenos said:

I believe that shiprecked and hamlet in multiplayer should have been well in 2015 and that would have given the project more popularity. 

TL;DR another rant on my reply to this subject. I do not wish to crowd the thread if I don't need to, sorry.

Spoiler

At the same time if Klei were to add such a feature would it be unreasonable to expect people to say things such as "repackaging content is a lazy cash grab" much as is the case with Mario 3D All-Stars right now? I can see your point in it that it would help to promote DST and it's image, but I believe it could also work against them as well; even more so when confronted by the issue of payed add-on content. If Klei were to spend time migrating the content from the DLC's to the base game, not only would it take a large sum of time but it would also be a large time waster if they could not profit from it; which in itself can be an issue too. If they were to sell it then that would alienate a large majority of players that do not have the bundles, but if it were given for free the only thing they would benefit from it is advertisement (which is not guaranteed much of anything, so lose-lose either way).

After thinking a bunch, I think it's reasonable to think that if a modder can make it then a developer can surely make it.

Maybe the reason why there isn't Hamlet Together is because each entry of Don't Starve is separate like how other games has sequels.

Example:

• Original = DS 1
  • Ship Wrecked = DS 2
  • Together = DS 3
  • Hamlet = DS 4

Single player entries also are the complete experience while multiplayer require different content. (I think i heard this from some documentary) :)

3 hours ago, Minitte said:

After thinking a bunch, I think it's reasonable to think that if a modder can make it then a developer can surely make it.

Maybe the reason why there isn't Hamlet Together is because each entry of Don't Starve is separate like how other games has sequels.

Example:

• Original = DS 1
  • Ship Wrecked = DS 2
  • Together = DS 3
  • Hamlet = DS 4

Single player entries also are the complete experience while multiplayer require different content. (I think i heard this from some documentary) :)

In terms of canon chronology, Hamlet comes before DST because Wormwood originates from there and canonically came to DST... somehow? Maybe he fell off a cliff.

If DST had “quests” that players needed to do, then it wouldn’t really be an open world sandbox game anymore.. 

you only have “Quests” in STORY MODE- look at any other Open world game out there- I will use Batman Arkham Knight as my example- a huge open world Gotham that has a story that should you choose to ignore or complete: Leaves you an open world sandbox where YOU decide what to do outside of those “story” quests.

Even Dont Starve Single Players Story Mode (appropriately titled Adventures mode and is triggered by finding a hidden Maxwell door somewhere in your world) Adventures Mode only had one overall goal-

Make it through 5 randomly generated worlds without dying, some of these said worlds would have funky rules applied onto them.. such as permanent night, or two worlds.

Now see here’s the thing that I guess that the OP hasn’t realized yet- Klei gives you an option prior to hosting your world to toggle and change many many different features about the game-

Tired of always knowing EXACTLY what day Winter Starts and Ends on? Then how about pressing the button that reads “Random”

want a permanent Winter server with no other season like your playing single player chapter King of Winter? Then turn off Autumn, Summer & Spring.

There are options to host Lights Out Worlds..

And I hope come Hallowed Nights they will add an option to host permanent full moon worlds.. yes that means that darkness won’t ever kill you.. but- it also means werewolves and ghosts never stop trying to murder you either.

Some of you complain about the way the game plays now wanting major changes to it, when you have never even bothered to fool with that beautiful menu full of things you can toggle on/off more/less of.

Do you think Wortox being able to kill butterfly for free souls is too easy? Well guess what? You can turn butterflies completely off and that problem is solved.

No butterfly also means no bee boxes for honey farms.. there are a lot of factors that go into toggling on/off these different features.

ALL of My worlds are currently set to Random Weather Season & Season Length- and I believe I’ve been stuck in what feels like Eternal Summer forever now..

My point is- playing this game on its default settings and doing things the META way.. is NOT the Only way you can play this game..

If your bored of the normal, change a few settings prior to hosting your world and figure out what the results of those changes you made are.

Or: If your on PC you can just download a ton of mods that make your game almost unrecognizable & whatever you and the mods you install want it to be.

16 hours ago, Canis said:

In terms of canon chronology, Hamlet comes before DST because Wormwood originates from there and canonically came to DST... somehow? Maybe he fell off a cliff.

Also the moon isn't cracked in Wormwood's short, although all that really proves is that Wormwood was born before RoT since we don't know how old he is.

Archived