How hard would it be if there was RPG fighting?

4 hours ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

What do you mean RPG fighting?

Probably meant to say turn based combat; its true that RPG games evolved into a wholly different place but in the SNES times and before, turn based combat and RPG were used interchangeable. Think of Pokemon, Paper Mario, Earthbound, Final Fantasy etc.

Honestly could make a fun forge & gorge style side game but the gamestyle is sooo different that I can't see it being used anywhere in DST aside from very dedicated mods.

A Warg Appeared! You engage in combat The E.F.S Of Winter Plays

Warg spawns 4 hounds

-Wilson used spear. 1... 2... 3... Hits. 60 dmg. Hound 1 faints.

-Wigfrid used special attack! Rude Interlude. All enemies will target Wigfrid.

-Winona used dart. 100 dmg. Hound 2 faints.  

-Warbucks used special attack! Blunderbuss shot. 200 dmg. Hound 3 Faints.

Warg growls. A new hound joins the battle. Hound 3 bites, Wigfrid lost 20 Hp. Hound 4 bits, Wigfrid lost 20 HP.

-Wilson used spear. 1.. hit. Hound 3 takes 20 dmg.

-Wigfrid used battle spear. CRITICAL HIT. 60 dmg. Hound 3 faints.

-Winona used special attack! Catapult. Winona builds a catapult that'll target enemies.

-Warbucks used rapier. Hound 4 takes 20 damage. Hound 4 is marked for death.

-Winona's catapult targets hound 4. 50 dmg. Hound 4 faints.

Warg attacks, Bite. Wigfird lost 40 damages. Wigfrid is bleeding. Hound 5 bites. LUCKY! Hound misses.

-Wilson took Fishsticks from bag. Eat up, Wigfrid! Wigfrid heals 40 hp.

-Wigfrid is bleeding. Wigfrid loses 5 hp. Wigfrid used battle spear. CRITICAL HIT. 60 dmg. Hound 5 faints.

-Winona used dart. CRITICAL HIT! Warg takes 300 damage.

-Warbucks used special attack! Blunderbuss shot. 200 dmg. Warg collapses

Victory! You get 10 hound teeth, 15 Monster meat. 450 exp each!

Wigfrid levels up! Wigfrid learned Startling Soliloquy. Use it to prevent enemies from targetting Wigfrid.

Winona levels up! Winona learned spotlight. Build spotlight to mark one enemy for death as long as spotlight is functional. 

12 minutes ago, SinancoTheBest said:

snip

Is beautiful... but rather for few plays, than all time. I played few games with that system and biggest problem was it was taking ages to fight that way (well, one of them was pretty old jRPG based game.). Not sure if that would be worth whole mod.

33 minutes ago, SinancoTheBest said:

-snip-

THAT post deserves a ShopCat reaction- because that’s pretty much the story of my Childhood, Pretty much just about EVERY Game played like that.. And if your looking for a current generation version that plays in this manor- Might I Recommend the mobile game DC Legends Mobile?

You brought back fond memories of Pokémon Red on the Gameboy Color, Pokémon Stadium on the N64, and even dating back beyond that to the greats like Final Fantasy 7 (no not the new remade version), Just to name a few.

39 minutes ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Probably meant to say turn based combat; its true that RPG games evolved into a wholly different place but in the SNES times and before, turn based combat and RPG were used interchangeable. Think of Pokemon, Paper Mario, Earthbound, Final Fantasy etc.

Honestly could make a fun forge & gorge style side game but the gamestyle is sooo different that I can't see it being used anywhere in DST aside from very dedicated mods.

A Warg Appeared! You engage in combat The E.F.S Of Winter Plays

Warg spawns 4 hounds

-Wilson used spear. 1... 2... 3... Hits. 60 dmg. Hound 1 faints.

-Wigfrid used special attack! Rude Interlude. All enemies wil target wigfrid.

-Winona used dart. 100 dmg. Hound 2 faints.  

-Warbucks used special attack! Blunderbuss shot. 200 dmg. Hound 3 Faints.

Warg growls. A new hound joins the battle. Hound 3 bites, Wigfrid lost 20 Hp. Hound 4 bits, Wigfrid lost 20 HP.

-Wilson used spear. 1.. hit. Hound 3 takes 20 dmg.

-Wigfrid used battle spear. CRITICAL HIT. 60 dmg. Hound 3 faints.

-Winona used special attack! Catapult. Winona builds a catapult that'll target enemies.

-Warbucks used rapier. Hound 4 takes 20 damage. Hound 4 is marked for death.

-Winona's catapult targets hound 4. 50 dmg. Hound 4 faints.

Warg attacks, Bite. Wigfird lost 40 damages. Wigfrid is bleeding. Hound 5 bites. LUCKY! Hound misses.

-Wilson took Fishsticks from bag. Eat up, Wigfrid! Wigfrid heals 40 hp.

-Wigfrid is bleeding. Wigfrid loses 5 hp Wigfrid used battle spear. CRITICAL HIT. 60 dmg. Hound 5 faints.

-Winona used dart. CRITICAL HIT! Warg takes 300 damage.

-Warbucks used special attack! Blunderbuss shot. 200 dmg. Warg collapses

Victory! You get 10 hound teeth, 15 Monster meat. 450 exp each!

Wigfrid levels up! Wigfrid learned Startling Soliloquy. Use it to prevent enemies from targetting Wigfrid.

Winona levels up! Winona learned spotlight. Build spotlight to mark one enemy for death as long as spotlight is functional. 

Love how you have to add Warbucks.

dstff.png.89a9972d6b6b798f02758bd1cd6d2113.png

COULD NOT.  RESIST.  XD
(yes, they all have ridiculously low HP, but that's what you get when you boot up a brand new game of FF (1) and take a screenshot of baby newb characters.  : P)

Spoiler

The background is from an actual 16-bit RPG project an online friend of mine was working on, years and years ago.  I got to do the battle backgrounds and title screen!  Still have the old files on my computer (somehow).  Don't know if it ever got made, but if it did, I guess I contributed art to a video game.

Anyway to seriously answer the question...I guess I would suck a lot less at it, is how it would be if combat in Don't Starve was RPG style--at least, the kind I interpreted the question as, which is "oldschool turn-based Final Fantasy-esque".  I wouldn't have to be Good At Video Games, that is to say, fast and reflexy, to do combat!  I could make a sandwich in between turns or go to the bathroom if necessary, and still not die to the stupid hounds!  It'd be awesome.  

....but it wouldn't fit the game AT ALL.  : P

...Notorious

30 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

dstff.png.89a9972d6b6b798f02758bd1cd6d2113.png

COULD NOT.  RESIST.  XD
(yes, they all have ridiculously low HP, but that's what you get when you boot up a brand new game of FF (1) and take a screenshot of baby newb characters.  : P)

Reveal hidden contents

The background is from an actual 16-bit RPG project an online friend of mine was working on, years and years ago.  I got to do the battle backgrounds and title screen!  Still have the old files on my computer (somehow).  Don't know if it ever got made, but if it did, I guess I contributed art to a video game.

Anyway to seriously answer the question...I guess I would suck a lot less at it, is how it would be if combat in Don't Starve was RPG style--at least, the kind I interpreted the question as, which is "oldschool turn-based Final Fantasy-esque".  I wouldn't have to be Good At Video Games, that is to say, fast and reflexy, to do combat!  I could make a sandwich in between turns or go to the bathroom if necessary, and still not die to the stupid hounds!  It'd be awesome.  

....but it wouldn't fit the game AT ALL.  : P

...Notorious

Why does this... remind me of something?

Spoiler

Battle.png.719b63d39ced55d9906f8d82a6d9cfaf.png

Final Fantasy not Pokemon, actually.  Although when playing Hamlet, I have been known to make jokes about how I'm now going "into the tall grass" and how the random Pog that decided to follow me around was my "starter Pokemon".

...and I named Willow's black cat "Charmander", come to think of it.

But that picture was very much meant to copy oldschool Final Fantasy, especially the very first game.  :)

...Notorious

9 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Final Fantasy not Pokemon, actually.  Although when playing Hamlet, I have been known to make jokes about how I'm now going "into the tall grass" and how the random Pog that decided to follow me around was my "starter Pokemon".

...and I named Willow's black cat "Charmander", come to think of it.

But that picture was very much meant to copy oldschool Final Fantasy, especially the very first game.  :)

...Notorious

are you gary? that eevee makes is suspicious

But I think it could be very fun to see an element to DST that could make PVP or fighting in general much more fun to the people who like to do Roleplays that have epic boss fights, I crave to do some sort of boss fight as the Grue against the survivors and it would make that so much more epic. :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, Pinkamena11FazP said:

But I think it could be very fun to see an element to DST that could make PVP or fighting in general much more fun to the people who like to do Roleplays that have epic boss fights, I crave to do some sort of boss fight as the Grue against the survivors and it would make that so much more epic. :rolleyes:

Someone could make a mod? I guess... but... It sounds very difficult... 

Archived