Hey, Klei people! Are you still alive?

7 minutes ago, cOnSdOnG said:

It has only been 2 months be patience

The ask isn't 'give this to me now'. It's 'any chance of a progress report.' The devs have been completely silent on this board pretty much since the leak. Including even the bug report forum.

Radio silence is a sure-fire way to kill goodwill, so I second the concern.

Outside of posts like the recent roadmap update we don't post images, videos and community spotlight type about upcoming content and features until we're pretty close to being ready to roll stuff out and give solid useful information that is meaningful to players. We're a little over 2 months since the roadmap was posted, so we aren't quite ready to post more information yet. 

Maybe it wasn't clear enough in the roadmap but the team is working on a substantial DLC that's needs some time to complete. This is more than any of the previous updates you have seen in the past, so it's going to more time. The roadmap says "We're going to get the DLC into your rubber-gloved-hands some time this year. The fallout from Covid19 has really altered our estimates and shifted our priorities, so we're not going to make a more specific promise than that."

If there was something new that means something has changed, we will let you know. But that also means when we do say something about it - it's going to matter and it's going to be worth paying attention to. 

I hope that clears things up. 

5 hours ago, spkthed said:

Including even the bug report forum.

The DLC can wait, but THIS, is the silence that keeps hurting a lot. And it has always been. 

I always liked, or loved, new content from updates, but I also always felt like existing content is neglected.

Some bugs are so important that I cannot understand how it does not come as priority.

Did you even think about they may fix some bugs with the DLC? Maybe they are in the process of changing some things, and getting rid of old bugs? 

I know, from experience with other game studios we all know, they wont listen at all to the community. They just want to be done with the game, get some money, and thats it.

But i´m pretty sure, also from experience, KLEI ist different. They care, and they love ONI and what the community has become. 

You have to understand, programming ist not as building a house. You cant just say, wall X is there, now we insert a window. It does not work like that. Sometimes you see, the window is stuck, and you have to tear down the wall of code and change it again. There is nothing to report until its done and ready for testing. And thats what KLEI is doing. They do all the hard and annoying work, and when its ready, they jump into the forum, throwing the beta test at us. 

Touching opinion but it doesn't really change my feeling.

Few bugs have already been solved by modders.

Then if they're planning to solve some into the DLC, an update progress on the bug would be welcomed ("known issue", "solved", etc..). And don't forget that not everyone will buy it. A DLC is optionnal. So, if someone doesn't want it, he will get stuck with bugs into the game he has bought already ? Not the best way to promote the DLC.

Finally, this content update they'll bring will come with its bunch of dedicated bugs, "normal" and not alarming, but it will also highly probably change some existing stuff/mechanics, bringing new bugs to existing ones for existing content.

I'm afraid of all of that. That's why I didn't criticize the "work", but the "priority".

The content of the DLC may be optional, but basic changes can come to everyone. In fact they can add everything with a patch, but only if the "has bought the DLC" flag is set the additional content is unlocked.

Regarding the bugs in the forum, they used to flag bugs as "known issue". For the 10.000 reports similar to the already known ones they often do not. It just looks, they dont recognize, but they have all those issues on record already. Dont mix developers with the forum-mods.

6 hours ago, JoeW said:

Outside of posts like the recent roadmap update we don't post images, videos and community spotlight type about upcoming content and features until we're pretty close to being ready to roll stuff out and give solid useful information that is meaningful to players. We're a little over 2 months since the roadmap was posted, so we aren't quite ready to post more information yet. 

Maybe it wasn't clear enough in the roadmap but the team is working on a substantial DLC that's needs some time to complete. This is more than any of the previous updates you have seen in the past, so it's going to more time. The roadmap says "We're going to get the DLC into your rubber-gloved-hands some time this year. The fallout from Covid19 has really altered our estimates and shifted our priorities, so we're not going to make a more specific promise than that."

If there was something new that means something has changed, we will let you know. But that also means when we do say something about it - it's going to matter and it's going to be worth paying attention to. 

I hope that clears things up. 

Excellent, thank you. I am now good for another 2 months of silence from the ONI team at Klei.

@JoeW, don't get us wrong, we do understand that it takes some time to prepare good content and we would rather have delayed good game than rushed bad one. We were just concerned with the silence on the topic. You need to understand we love your game and we are really hyped for the DLC - entering the forum every day just to check if there is some new info - even if that was estimated release date for late december... any info would be better than the uncertainity.

Thanks for the post, good to hear that everything is going according to plan and we can rest with info hunting for some time :)

My hype kinda died because of silence too like i just want it to be fed like they show up and say hey ppl we are trying X or look at this building design that got cancelled etc just flavor stuff to keep the hype on. Ill for sure instabuy the dlc because i love the vanilla and mods so much it just deserves it but the hype faded for sure im looking the fórum 1 time a month now only for example. 

I virtually stopped playing a couple of months ago in expectation of the new content and bug fixing. I did check almost on daily basis if there are any news but didn't actively play. The greater the silence and push back the more estranged I become with the game.

@SharraShimada no, but he sees me every day and he asks me every time how am I doing and if everything is alright. It may be a far fetched example but in this scenario at least I have the feeling of connection, I know he is there and he sees me I'm there.

I would just be happy with the ONI team coming out with encouragements from time to time, even if there are (slightly) bad news like delays or other problems. I may not be able to do anything about it but at least I would feel connected. Just saying "the DLC will be launched in October" and then silence doesn't make me feel confident that I/we will have a release in October. TBH I somewhat expect them coming back in a couple of weeks saying the DLC release is postponed due to unforeseen events.

I'm curious if they intend to do any patches... are we gonna have to pay to get the game patched at this point? Because I am seeing plenty of elementary issues that should be resolved. And I don't care how they feel about being asked questions. And if they wanna throw out snide curt responses,then that's what they get in return. I have no qualms about it And so the defenders can just step aside imho.

@Nedix, but nobody from KLEI promised it will be october, they said "some time this year" but adding that COVID causes them difficulties to provide esimates and they cannot promise anything - meaning it could be next years as well. Also, they just posted info that there is no update on the topic and that they don't want to post meaningless "nothning new folks" messages, so I don't feel there is a point to expect anything more in upcomming weeks to make us feel connected. I'd expect them to maybe post something new around November and lack of update before that would be 100% understandable for me.

@Slvrsrfr, there is a quote for you, keep calm :)

On 7/3/2020 at 8:54 PM, Ipsquiggle said:

The base game, which you currently own, will also see a large update when the DLC is released! Bug fixes, UI improvements, balance and tuning improvements, and base-game content updates will be synchronized across all versions of the game. So even if you choose not to play with the DLC, we're working to improve your experience as well!

38 minutes ago, Slvrsrfr said:

Because I am seeing plenty of elementary issues that should be resolved.

Then I'm sure you won't mind naming them? They're often useful for nonsensical builds. 

Sometimes I miss Alchemy. 

54 minutes ago, Slvrsrfr said:

I'm curious if they intend to do any patches... are we gonna have to pay to get the game patched at this point? Because I am seeing plenty of elementary issues that should be resolved. And I don't care how they feel about being asked questions. And if they wanna throw out snide curt responses,then that's what they get in return. I have no qualms about it And so the defenders can just step aside imho.

They clearly said they will not do that. Fixes will go to the base version as well.

As to news, I plan to ask this question again in 6 weeks or maybe even later. The silence was uncharacteristic, but we now know that is how they do things in the current mode (DLC). There are a lot of other excellent games to bridge the gap to the DLC (I am currently playing Vaporum Isolation and Wasteland 3) and I recently did another long-term colony in ONI with some things I have never done before. Yes, I understand some people are going stir-crazy with the current situation, but Klei cannot be the ones to fix that.

If it weren't for the fact I got buried in physics classes again at the start of September, I would've been contemplating posting such a thread.  You're right, Gurgel, the sudden change in the level of communication was noticeable.  Thanks for posting the thread. 

I want to play 100K challenge but I wonder if I should wait for new DLC or just go for it now. Looking like we might get new DLC in 2021 I might even pass on it because of Cyberpunk 2077 and new exp for Elite Dangerous. I know ONI will take another 1000h+ so I must not tempt myself with this addictive game.

Archived