Hey, Klei people! Are you still alive?

22 minutes ago, Sebastiangperez said:

So do you want dupes can slide over it ? , i think they will need to rework the entire pathfinding and the fluid system and it will be a pain in the ass

not 100% sure that they actually need todo rework because they are using the gameobjects for tiles also if you look the game world closer it seems like the are building that also as triangle

triangle.png

difference between regular game tile aka gameobject is that you can turn that to any radius

34 minutes ago, gabberworld said:

not 100% sure that they actually need todo rework because they are using the gameobjects for tiles also if you look the game world closer it seems like the are building that also as triangle

triangle.png

difference between regular game tile aka gameobject is that you can turn that to any radius

Maybe is just a texture that simulate a half triangle but inside or the content is a box, i mean , the gameobject is a box. 

You can test this with fluids, if they get stuck is that they are not a triangle. 

Try to do it in sandbox.

1 hour ago, Sebastiangperez said:

Maybe is just a texture that simulate a half triangle but inside or the content is a box, i mean , the gameobject is a box. 

You can test this with fluids, if they get stuck is that they are not a triangle. 

Try to do it in sandbox.

they get stuck for simple reason because its not 100% triangle, as gameobject possibe add any type collider they made that way that water gets little stuck

also you talk about rework now that new DLC, that comes with huge rework because instead off one rock you can actually play at multi rocks, does pc even can handle this, that is my question, as we have already lag

2 hours ago, gabberworld said:

they get stuck for simple reason because its not 100% triangle, as gameobject possibe add any type collider they made that way that water gets little stuck

also you talk about rework now that new DLC, that comes with huge rework because instead off one rock you can actually play at multi rocks, does pc even can handle this, that is my question, as we have already lag

Yes , the colider is a box so thats the problem with diagonal tiles.

Yes, the lag is an issue, but maybe they will change the way that this asteroids works , maybe the switch wont be smooth like switching from panel to panel, maybe you need to load and unload the bases, besides i think this asteroids will be so much smaller than the initial colony. 

All this is assumptions, because we don't have any information. 

20 minutes ago, Sebastiangperez said:

Yes , the colider is a box so thats the problem with diagonal tiles.

no collider can be anything at unity also it supports the multi colliders , that is not issue at all. if talk about  box collider that is just simplest thing for make some performance , but we are talking here a game engine where allot work already done for developers

Archived