New Wigfrid theme

A lot of folks are proposing a battle theme, but the soundtrack doesn't sound a lot like one. It reminds me a bit of modded character Whemy's flying broom theme, which could mean that it plays during transportation (sailing?). Then again, the track name (v1) implies that this is just one version of it (like Woodie's hoedown), so perhaps there is much more to this than we think. 

Just now, Hornete said:

Sounds more like menu music to me.

Just now, Bird Up said:

It sounds like menu music to me.

I definetly agree, but other characters have not recieved their own menu themes, as far as I can remember. Perhaps this will be a change to that? 

I hope is indeed menu music - and this seems the most probable case.

Because I've read in past 2 other proposals on these forums - 1) for a personal stage build by Wigfrid where she would perform some play-thing for a certain perk, capitalizing on her actor persona (think Walter's fire stories line) and 2) for Wigfrid method-act "transforming" into an opposite "role", namely Winnie (vegetarian, forager, animal tamer, pacifist); and both these proposals unnecessarily complicate Wig's solid core-design. Such tune could theoretically be played in both above-examples.

26 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

I hope is indeed menu music - and this seems the most probable case.

Because I've read in past 2 other proposals on these forums - 1) for a personal stage build by Wigfrid where she would perform some play-thing for a certain perk, capitalizing on her actor persona (think Walter's fire stories line) and 2) for Wigfrid method-act "transforming" into an opposite "role", namely Winnie (vegetarian, forager, animal tamer, pacifist); and both these proposals unnecessarily complicate Wig's solid core-design. Such tune could theoretically be played in both above-examples.

That would be kinda cool

I don't think Wigfrid will transform through the power of method-acting, Wigfrid is a role that the actress became obsessed with, and refuses to go off character, even if it means starving to death. So her turning into a role that's the opposite of Wigfrid would probably be... against everything meat meat valhalla girl stands for?

But they also haven't done main menu themes for all of the past reworks, so I really have no idea what this could be.

I’m praying this is actually team synergy music, and that Wigfrid will perform at her best, when Winona’s spotlight is shined onto her- an idea I brought up many months ago but you guys have to understand the importance behind it..

Wigfrid is NOT a real Viking Warrior, she is only a method actress who enjoyed playing a Viking Warrior on stage so much that whatever her “Real” self is like she lost herself in the role of stage performance.

Hence why Winona’s Spotlight should give her boosted performance, because we all know that an actor/actress shines best when all the stage lights are centered on them. :) 

Dude I've been listening for this loop for 1 hour this morning, it just sounds so good but I'm unfortunately guessing it will be the menu music like said, other survivors had no custom music but it wasn't so important for them but it's very different for Wigfrid so...

BUT there's a hope for something greater eventually, I've been wondering what else it could be and I suddenly remembered the Living Artifact on Hamlet, it activates a temporal power with its own theme, wouldn't you like if Wigfrid had something similar (not to the L.A, but in term of temp buff)?

The idea I had about Wigfrid rework was to give her more battle abilities than other characters, so it could work just fine, just imagine parry and dashing with her spear while listening to this epic tune... I would definitively play her.

9 hours ago, A Random Furry said:

I'd say that

1. It's gonna be used in the Wigfrid short, and they are storing it there

2. Menu music

3. Some sort of unique battle theme for Wigfrid

4. The Forge?

God, don't give me that kind of hope. I played DST for the first time during the forge/gorge events, it was a free weekend and I had no idea what was going on so I didn't get to do anything related to the forge, because I didn't know how to play, and I regret it so much

I really hope it's not menu music unless they can give us an option to change the menu music. What's the point of having new menu music if it's just going to disappear someday?

I'd love if this played during combat, or even during a hunt.

Archived