Hamlet and shipwrecked characters for dst

Ahem.. yeah, uhh I’ll just copy and paste my broken record statement on this here- they ALL are Klei official characters and they’re all playable (with the exception of Warbucks who was once official but has since then been Thanos’d out of existence.)

They ALL have ALREADY got a fan base of players who actually WANT to play as them, So for Klei NOT to bring them over into DST at some point is just denying themselves more profit they could have potentially made off those characters skins & belongings sales.

Speaking only for myself- I would pay for a WALANI Belongings chest that gave her as many different Surfboard Designs as Wendy now has Abigail Flowers.

Now with that said... I would like to remind you all that the Compendium exists- Which now has detailed backstories and In-game lore for the characters of the DS Franchise and in certain cases (Woodies) this Compendium is updated with new bits of lore each time a new trailer or update comes out effecting those characters.

I would ALSO Like to remind you that they are ALL EQUALLY Trapped inside the Constant (including Wagstaff who was legit pulled in for real this time by Charlie) and therefore they all deserve more lore..

and UNLESS they get the Thanos treatment... they ALL need to appear in DST at some point so I can find out more about where they are now, what they’re up to and if they’ll ever escape the constant they’re trapped in.

2 hours ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

Yeah:wilson_cry:true. I can live without Wagstaff's machines, but I'm still holding out that Wheeler's dodge ability makes an appearance in DST. 

i suffer motion-sickness. the thought of wheeler's dodge+lag makes me wanna barf. no thanks!

I feel like the remaining cast of Don't Starve wouldn't really contribute much in a multiplayer environment, the ones we've got already seem to better fit the co-op nature. though if i'm honest, Wilba could be pretty fun with some balance tweaks to her Wereform.

Warly worked because his main upside wasn't directly glued to seafaring or water based activities in Shipwrecked, and since you are able to give (or force feed) other players food, he works well in Don't Starve Together by providing everyone with instant access to crockpot foods on the go.

Wormwood worked because being able to directly plant seeds into the ground was always going to be a benefit in multiplayer. Heck, the second I played him in Hamlet I thought "wouldn't he work better in Don't Starve Together?"

The remaining cast of singleplayer could technically be reworked to fit DST better, but the only issue is how they'd handle character overlaps.

I.E: Winona is DST's Wagstaff, since she has direct ties to him and has even picked up the whole "inventive" thing. Not only that, but Wagstaff would also either need new buildings to replace his singleplayer ones, or risk making Woodie/Maxwell irrelevant with an on-demand bearger slam.

Another example would be Wheeler, Walter technically already does the things she would be good at in DST, (scouting, ranged attacks) with the addition of Woby for fast maneuverability and increased inventory spaces. Walter works better since he isn't limited by a lack of inventory slots (Walter + Backpack + Woby + Chester :wilson_sneaky:)

Walani and Woodlegs would be outliers in the current Seafaring system, and would (probably) decentralize the concept of co-operative boating with their inclusions. 

To wrap things up, I would still be very joyous to see any of these characters join, but some would need tweaks while others would probably need overhauls. :wilson_curious:

Sadly it probably wont happen, I'm just gonna make a list.

Wagstaff: Winona (inventing)

Wheeler: Walter (ranged attacks)

Wilbur: Walter (increased speed and poop)

Wilba: Woodie (transformation)

Walani and woodlegs probably wont make it, since dst isn't as ocean based as shipwrecked.

Warbucks probably wont make it because... well, come on. Also, he's kind of like warly, because of his disadvantage, losing sanity from non-crock pot foods.

I would like to see Wilton in the game at some point too.

On 8/4/2020 at 1:21 PM, Lumberlocke said:

Woodlegs

Most of DST happens in land, so his sanity would be suffering most of the time, and that alone would probably make him more of a challenge character.

That said, his ability to find treasures could be tied to Pearl's sunken chests (he just knows where they are, faster) and his unique boat could be a larger and stronger version of the multiplayer boat we have now, slightly shaped as a pirate boat. (No cannons though, so if you want "cannons" in your pirate ship recruit a Winona at the nearest port).

I'd probably tie the perk of knowing where treasure hides to himself, and not to his hat. His hat maybe could give a nice sanity boost while at the sea (like a tam, but only while at sea) and provide about 70% water resistance both in land and at sea. And when he wears it, it increases slightly the chances of more valuable loot dropping on RNG stuff (sunken treasures, klaus sack, Guardian's chest, ruins chests, tumbleweeds, etc. ). The extra "luck" will only happen when he is opening the stuff while wearing the hat, other chars with the hat wouldn't get any better loot.

Maybe he could also know where the ruins chests are as well, after spending a few days at the caves. So this way if you use him as a switch character you obtain a better boat and okay-ish hats to be at the ocean(same as a mix of a rain hat and a tam) but playing as him or having a Woodlegs on your team would be a lot more profitable in the long run.

Again, since most of DST content is still in land I'd probably never use him, but for those that like the sea life he'd probably be a nice addition.

Tbh out of all the characters listed Woodlegs would probaly be the best fit dst wise since unlike shipwrecked it is entirely possible to completely base at sea sure dst has alot more land than shipwrecked but it also allows you alot more freedom at sea with boats...even if I hate the current boating system. His downside could even stay the same but maybe start him with the sea faring tab fully unlocked I'd also imagine they'd have to make his pirate ship bigger and remove the cannon. The sea is still a area of the game that remains mostly untouched by perks aside from goose scouting so bringing a character to incentives sea travel will become more and more appealing as return of them progresses

Archived