Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

AllFunNGamez

One sentence say what you want more of in DST.

Seasonal Effects/Interactions.

Especially on the ocean, currently seasons don't really have any special effects or interactions with the ocean. I would absolutely love if we got Ice bergs and Ice sheets in Winter, possibly a temporary biome in an area of the ocean thats formed out of several broken up ice sheets. Maybe hurricanes or similar stormy weather in Spring, though there's no reason to add more challenge to the ocean(for now, atleast)

6 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Especially on the ocean, currently seasons don't really have any special effects or interactions with the ocean. I would absolutely love if we got Ice bergs and Ice sheets in Winter, possibly a temporary biome in an area of the ocean thats formed out of several broken up ice sheets. Maybe hurricanes or similar stormy weather in Spring, though there's no reason to add more challenge to the ocean(for now, atleast)

This is a great idea. 

:wilson_sneaky:

Seasonal Effects/Interactions. :wilson_sneaky:

Following the ocean based theme of Return of Them, I would love to the ocean become more connected to the mainland, not directly, but through seasons. I think that would go a long way into making the ocean feel like a natural fit in the world.

Couple of the ideas I loved from Hornete was the iceberg sheets that you could get on and row around, possibly inhabiting unique mobs/pengulls, and what I would love to see (if possible) would be a gigantic land shaped creature/entity that basically acts like a moving biome, travelling the ocean. 

Something akin to the Lion Turtle from The Last Airbender?

image.png.69aa39a54f56e3acd6e583e7e0b8f083.png

Lastly, I loved the idea of submerged ruins that resurfaced with possible lore regarding the ancients, perhaps there could be a puzzle involved where you and others have to hop onto small pieces of a big ol' ancient puzzle and row the pieces in the right spots to reveal some treasure?

(Wait a minute, this isn't a sentence. Darn.)

Just now, Hornete said:

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYSEYESYESYSYESYESY

how do I give more than one like.

i gave it the second like for you, even though i have never watched the airbending show. all i know is Fire Nation and blood bending. also that one DIY fire glove thing.

6 minutes ago, KeshS said:

But DST already has an ANTLION.

And yet, the DS/T franchise has Hipppotamoose, Moose goose, Sea Hounds, regular hounds, slurtles, snurtles and deerclops, no eyed deer.

I dont see why we cant have a another mob that uses Lion in its Portmanteau.

2 minutes ago, Hornete said:

And yet, the DS/T franchise has Hipppotamoose, Moose goose, Sea Hounds, regular hounds, slurtles, snurtles and deerclops, no eyed deer.

I dont see why we cant have a another mob that uses Lion in its Portmanteau.

If it is another DS DLC or it is a lunar mob then I have no problem. But the re usage of names is only present in different DS worlds and lunar stuff. It's the Klei formula to have unique names.

4 minutes ago, Hornete said:

deerclops, no eyed deer.

They are different names. You can call it Lion with a shell.

2 hours ago, AllFunNGamez said:

I would like to see some sort of big game changer, example new weather, seasons/mobs/bosses get more difficult after each year. Preventing long stale runs (optional of course)

That's two sentences though, you just broke your own rule lol.

5 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Bunnymen, Pigmen.

Wobster, Rock Lobster.

Moleworm, Depth Worm

Do I need to go on?

Whatever. Something that giant usually has a unique name, like all Giants. My humble opinion is that the name should be unique here. I'm not a department of naming and I don't want to start a heated discussion over a children cartoon.