Grifting through the files (aka Datamining)

I uh, missed a line in one of the caption things so I fixed the post kjadshkajs

58 minutes ago, ResettePlayer said:

Also this is a mood and a half

I'm tempted to make this guy my profile image lol (if not maybe the banner or something)

20 minutes ago, minespatch said:

If that's what they looked like as teenagers, makes me wonder what kra'deshi's looks like as children...

Smith mentions being a tadpole so I'm gonna guess that they look even smaller than that, with tails, maybe?

Also there's new Smith-related music but if anyone wants those send me a pm, I'd rather not post it publicly here for privacy reasons ^^;

Huh, it strikes me as a bit odd that Smith is one of 4 kids, as many references as there are to kra'deshi having huge families. But maybe that's just me growing up Catholic and my pop being a bit of a disappointment because he only had 6 kids, compared to the much larger families of his 12 siblings XD

4 hours ago, RageLeague said:

Apparently shills also come in bills, not just coins.

there's quite a few negotiation cards and argurments/modifiers that reference this! I got distracted and didn't post them earlier aksjdhas

kickback_tex.png.f28b6ab9a777e88ed10f9bc5c0806736.pngfinal_favor_tex.png.a91c2adde29b252babbc068b376b5bee.pngimprovise_bank_tex.png.eb25d7a87d27c4919048c408048ea371.png

proposition.png.5e6561cfe1ced2162ad1ca1997c5e109.pngbonus_payment.png.894d3b914b7a4e53eabe1985493df850.pngdeep_pockets.png.3ab8c06f318a7d7d48a9dcb4165f02e8.png

As for the family thing; I know we only have like. One example but maybe a family of six is considered large in Havaria? From what we know of Sal's backstory she doesn't have any siblings. Maybe it's impractical/expensive for families of other species to have more than one kid. idk I'm just rambling

I looked at the smith quest already existed in the game. Turns out they each have a follow-up effect after you completed them.

For sponsorship deal, you are either getting a cut from the sponsor or they are beating you up, depending on how you acted during the quest.(Turns out whether moreef does well depends on whether you beat the sponsor up or not. Funny how that works.)

For special goods, moreef sells you lumin wine that cost significantly less than 300 per bottle to you if you succeed.

For the oshnu race, if you feed the oshnu the slow juice, it will be sent to "retirement" after some time and you can acquire a racing oshnu.

2 hours ago, Sei Bellissima said:

As for the family thing; I know we only have like. One example but maybe a family of six is considered large in Havaria? From what we know of Sal's backstory she doesn't have any siblings. Maybe it's impractical/expensive for families of other species to have more than one kid. idk I'm just rambling

That would make a lot of sense, yeah. I don't know why but my brain decided "Ahh, slug people, they probably lay like a ton of eggs" and was thinking they'd have families numbered by the dozens. 

Guys I can't stop LAUGHING I HAD NO IDEA THIS WAS A THING

On 8/8/2020 at 7:50 PM, SpicyNiceCream said:

You naughty Kra'deshi. Shhh.

Hide contents

masochist.png.0a3dafba7df9cdc4ae261ec8fa979735.png

and of course the first thing my sis says

image.png.295dc5150ef22c08721c1f29b1bf429d.png

On 8/9/2020 at 10:45 AM, Sei Bellissima said:
Spoiler

tutorial_battle_smith.png.45f1f2b20ff3818c31921cc5addc2a76.png

And I mean hey I'd suspected it before but wow

The devs are somehow hornier for Smith than we are...

15 hours ago, Sei Bellissima said:

WE GOT TEMP SMITH SLIDES!!!! WE GOT LORE!!!!

Smith is one of your playable characters / possible companions. He's a trust fund kid who rebelled against familial expectation and became a Grifter. He's kind of a dirtbag.

image.png

"When Smith's lips aren't wrapped around a bottle, they're bellowing hot air—usually in the wrong place, at the wrong time. On top of that, he hasn't mastered his knack: a mysterious power he never quite grew into. But he does have his uses. And he certainly seems to be happy to travel with you, even if you do have your fair share of enemies.",

does this mean this slide above is now defunct?

10 hours ago, minespatch said:

does this mean this slide above is now defunct?

These haven't been valid in... ever, but since Smith slides have come up, thought I'd share.
Not sure if it's okay to post these, since this is not current or future content. Mods/admins, strike me down if this crosses a line.

I love this second one a whole lot. That frickin' hand at the top of the frame there. The dude with the atomic elbow. Good stuff.

It's a shame that all this beautiful work had to be thrown out, but the needs of the game have changed over the past 3+ years. It happens. 

On 8/12/2020 at 11:23 AM, ResettePlayer said:
Spoiler

These haven't been valid in... ever, but since Smith slides have come up, thought I'd share.
Not sure if it's okay to post these, since this is not current or future content. Mods/admins, strike me down if this crosses a line.

I love this second one a whole lot. That frickin' hand at the top of the frame there. The dude with the atomic elbow. Good stuff.

It's a shame that all this beautiful work had to be thrown out, but the needs of the game have changed over the past 3+ years. It happens.

Ooooh these are so Heshin' pretty. It is a shame that it had to get scrapped but hey, it'll live on in our hearts...

Gonna drop some build pics here, you guys have probably seen the promoted laborers in-game already:

Spoiler

Capture.thumb.PNG.43bca6164a17387396a970c9c7b3b0b3.PNGCapture1.thumb.PNG.b5f3232155ce3462b9108675b4e5a94e.PNG

there's also new promoted priests:

Spoiler

Capture3.thumb.PNG.09c4a93a67e3835dbcfa9d7e7fc0f6b3.PNGCapture4.thumb.PNG.693a6941cf76bae2fa2501392e56b2a3.PNG

Vix got a build at some point??

Spoiler

Capture2.thumb.PNG.60614e4e6298b182f83d07f3b56afa34.PNG

And a new outfit for Smith?? Maybe???

Spoiler

Capture5.thumb.PNG.77206d5a6e9a490ec2a607739742878a.PNG

The names of the promoted units are so funny, i don't even know they are temp names or not.

For the luminitiates, the names are Lumii and Lumoo. For the laborers, they are called Reeni and Meeni(maybe brothers and sisters?). Reeni even have a bio(In true Havarian fashion, Reeni's promoted status seems to have been prompted by something other than her lackluster work ethic.)

23 minutes ago, Sei Bellissima said:

And a new outfit for Smith?? Maybe???

I found them about two weeks ago and was sure you've already seen it :_D So hello datamining thread, here are Smith's outfits which can be seen at the moment.

Spoiler

SPOILER_unknown.png?width=1443&height=665

3 minutes ago, FruitShake said:

I found them about two weeks ago and was sure you've already seen it :_D So hello datamining thread, here are Smith's outfits which can be seen at the moment.

Yeah I've seen the first and the third ones before, I don't remember seeing the second one lol.

Anyone try out Smith's day one boss fight yet? It has a pretty neat mechanic involving the minions you can win over in the negotiation before.

Archived