Grifting through the files (aka Datamining)

Alright here are some more lovely arts and animations.

Spoiler

It's ya boi.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Hebbel waits. Death is patient, after all.

Spoiler

This may look fairly familiar from one of Sal's intro slides. The Spree and Admiralty guys were reused.
Love how Viss is ready to heck someone up.

It's wild to think of how confident the devs were before they realised this wasn't quite the game they wanted to make.

7 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

snip

oh my gawwwd they're so pretty... Also I'm gonna say this now; I prefer the old striped scarf Sal used to have than the one she does now. It looks cuter

New headcanon: Fssh makes her a striped scarf after she gets Kashio. No I don't know how Fssh would do it but she would have her ways I'm sure of it

BUT SPEAKING OF SLIDES! Smith's got converted into video form already!

Narration doesn't seem to be ready yet, though

Smith got a scenario! And it had me going nuts in the discord server lol

uhhh, I don't know if this warrants a warning, but there's some grossness involving nature's call. Yeah lol. Just Smith being his himbo self!

Spoiler

Smith finds a sandwich, of all things, laying at the side of the road. He can save if for later, nibble on it to taste it, eat the whole thing or leave it there.

Whatever happens a laborer comes along and asks Smith if he saw a sandwich. Pretty dubious, so you could choose to press for more info. If you win the negotiation they reveal why: they got their paycheck, and, knowing all the riff-raff around here, they decided the best place to store it would be in their lunch.

From there, there's a few options:

• Give everything back if he didn't eat anything
  • give the money back, but not the sandwich
  • give the partial sandwich back if he nibbled it (he apparently ate the money and didn't notice lol)
  • give the partial amount of money back, but not the partial sandwich
  • Send them packing!

Also if you left the sandwich you could give them directions. If you do that or give them anything back they'll love you. And if you keep the sandwich in any form you'll get a free healing card! I haven't checked if it has an icon yet.

Here's the funny part though. If Smith nibbled or ate it, he'll later have an event where he has to stop and go to the bathroom...

player:
                    !left
                * You feel a rumbling in your gut.
                * Nature is giving you a call!
                player:
                    !exit
                * You find a discrete spot to take care of business.
                * As you are washing up, you find some money that has made the incredible journey through your digestive system.
                player:
                    !left
                    !happy
                * You continue.

Good god, Smith...

returned_whole_money =
    {
        delta = OPINION_DELTAS.MAJOR_GOOD,
        txt = "Convinced their crowd",
    },

returned_whole_sandwich = 
    {
        delta = OPINION_DELTAS.LIKE,
    },

returned_partial_money =
    {
    },

returned_partial_sandwich =
    {
    },

gave_directions_to_money_sandwich =
    {
    },

gave_directions_to_sandwich =
    {
    },

wasted_time =
    {
        delta = OPINION_DELTAS.MAJOR_BAD,
    },

lied_about_sandwich =
    {
        delta = OPINION_DELTAS.MAJOR_BAD,
    },

I'm starting to think that Smith convinced their crowd!

From the sandwich event, we get a sandwich which is "half-eaten". It has 3 charges, and each charge is worth 60 shills, which means the half-eaten sandwich has 180 shills hidden in it. Based on the dialog with the laborer, we know that the sandwich that you haven't eaten contains all the money that the laborer has for the month, because the laborer didn't comment how there's "way more money" if you haven't eaten the sandwich. Based on this, we can deduce that the monthly wage of laborers are 180 shills in pearl-on-the-form.

Maybe laborers should grift more. A grifter can earn that much money in 1 day.

6 minutes ago, RageLeague said:

From the sandwich event, we get a sandwich which is "half-eaten". It has 3 charges, and each charge is worth 60 shills, which means the half-eaten sandwich has 180 shills hidden in it. Based on the dialog with the laborer, we know that the sandwich that you haven't eaten contains all the money that the laborer has for the month, because the laborer didn't comment how there's "way more money" if you haven't eaten the sandwich. Based on this, we can deduce that the monthly wage of laborers are 180 shills in pearl-on-the-form.

Maybe laborers should grift more. A grifter can earn that much money in 1 day.

Remember that the average, non-bargained meal cost about 50 shills.

Also remember that the grog-n-dog is explicitly described as "not for the food".

Either the grog and all the meals are luxury luncheon, or the only way to meet their basic nutritional needs require they enter an unfair contract with poor pay.

34 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Did something change with Smith's eating line? It sounds like all three characters are now disgusted by food.

Doesn't appear to have changed—unless the last time you had Smith eat was back when it was released to Steam. It was exactly the same dialogue as Rook's :wilson_ecstatic:

8 minutes ago, ZeppMan217 said:

It's nothing like it though: the promo art features a mask that covers the mouth and nose proper, whereas the costume thing covers the chin and neck. The promo mask looks sick!

Maybe the devs could tweak Smith's chin-strap skin to resemble that without the cyborg elements?

15 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Maybe the devs could tweak Smith's chin-strap skin to resemble that without the cyborg elements?

Now that I think of it, they can't cover his mouth because he drinks all the time. Perhaps it could be replaced with a choker or even a bolo? Or better yet, just have the shirt extended all the way up to his chin, turtleneck style.

Archived