Grifting through the files (aka Datamining)

20 minutes ago, Sei Bellissima said:

HESH YES!!

601840_20200821232205_1.thumb.png.250a4231b0e63d93aa46dd21f2ed66fc.png

601840_20200821232454_1.png.3dcc6674dfa31b394b07048bb3072f14.png601840_20200821232530_1.png.ad221c6c283a92c60795ab3617392bc6.png

So there's probably code somewhere that defines whether or not a critter can be owned as a pet but I don't know it and I haven't checked to see if it applies to these guys. I guess I'm gonna check that next. Also yeah I couldn't spawn the upgraded one in battle?? either it's not implemented or I selected the wrong option lol

EVERY critter can be a pet. if a party member is in your crew and is not sentient, they are considered a pet.

4 minutes ago, RageLeague said:

EVERY critter can be a pet. if a party member is in your crew and is not sentient, they are considered a pet.

I only know that because of the Automech event in Rook's run but I only said that because I've never seen an opportunity to get a Spitting Yote as a pet (but also there is a very high chance I could've missed something about it somewhere)

Anyhow, new codex entries:

Spoiler

great_beaching:
    title: The Great Beaching
    trigger: Great Beaching|the organism
    body: |
        A huge unknown aquatic organism beached itself upon the shores of Pearl-On-Foam, crushing horrified onlookers and generally ruining the ambiance. Hailed as a sign from the Great and Indifferent Hesh by the Cult, it has triggered an influx of grifters and pilgrims into what's usually a respectable corner of Havaria.

pearl_on_foam:
    title: Pearl-On-Foam
    trigger: Pearl-On-Foam
    body: |
        The wealthiest city in Havaria: both the spiritual home of the mercantile class and the mercantile home of the spirital class. Famous for supplying worldly entertainment to the pious inhabitants of nearby Supplicant City.

Okay here's a bunch of Smith stuff because I forgot to post about the stuff added last week. first off: day 2, he meets his contacts!

Spoiler

player:
                    !happy
                    !left
                * [P] You wake at the crack on noon, ready to take on the world.
                player:
                    !left
                    Mornin', Moreef! 
                agent:
                    !right
                    Huh?
                * [P] Smith and Moreef talk about the local gossip paper, which features Smith's brother Theroux, and his quest to sign a marriage contract. They hatch a plan to get to Theroux through this.
                agent:
                    So, the two most eligible candidates are {denikus} and {andwanette}.
                    If you can convince one of them to work with you, you can probably lure {theroux} out of hiding.
                player:
                    !thought
                    One of 'ems gotta have a reason to need my help...

And here they are:

Denikus:

Capture1.thumb.PNG.e4ba374c7b894cb35bae90e255f0fdcf.PNG

Adwanette:

Capture.thumb.PNG.562395ea912b7f3d1b216548a64c77c6.PNG

Now, keep in mind, these may be temporary, as Theroux also got a build and it looks nothing like him lol:

Capture2.thumb.PNG.09c767011a72ee9aacd8bc6a4f249daa.PNG

A silly opportunity:

Spoiler

"There's a party at the beach. You love parties. You should go."

* You find a small group of disheveled people sitting around some rocks.
                player:
                    !left
                    !happy
                    This looks like a fun party!
                agent:
                    !right
                    !happy
                    Hey, man.
                    Are you here to lick the goo?
                player:
                    !dubious
                    Excuse me?
                agent:
                    The goo!
                    Ever since the Beaching, it's been washing up on those rocks.
                player:
                    !thought
                    And you <i>lick</> it?
                agent:
                    !clap
                    Yes!
                    But you have to pick a color, first!
                player:
                    Well, that's interesting.

There's three colors:

1. Taupe: Upgrade a negotiation card
  2. Chartreuse: Remove a battle card.
  3. Mauve: Gain 10 max health... after Smith kinda blacks out and battles some monsters upon waking up, lol

Two new scenarios:

Spoiler

a couple of heshians are heckling a Spark Baron for taking samples from the beach. Convince them to back off, fight them, or fight the Spark Baron. If you choose to help the Spark Baron you get some battle items. pretty straightfoward.

As for the second one:

player:
                    !left
                * You find a small bag full of money.
                player:
                    !thought
                * Someone even took the time to write "munney" on it, in unpracticed letters.

after taking it a member of the Admiralty swoops in and accuses you of stealing. You can offer to give the money, 30 shills, back but then the Admiralty person says you have to return the full amount, which is, double the amount. you could either refuse to give it back, or give it back—and if you do, the person will like you lol

here's the dialogue if you convince them to let you go because I think it's funny:

agent:
                    !sigh
                    !placate
                    OK, ok, you got me. I'll let you in on a little secret.
                    This whole thing?
                    !impressed
                    <i>It's a trap.</>
                player:
                    !thought
                    Really! You don't say?
                agent:
                    But don't go telling anyone! We can't have the rabble learning our methods!
                player:
                    I'll keep your secret.
                    !point
                    But I'm also keeping this money!
                agent:
                    Fair enough.
                    !exit
                * {agent} retreats, digging through {agent.hisher} pockets for more 'munney'.

9 hours ago, SpicyNiceCream said:

True Theroux.

Ah thanks I must've missed that. wait why didn't they implement it into the special agents if he's there already

Anyhow, new slides, that will actually match the outfit the hero is wearing! Plus a boss

Sal:

Spoiler

Unassembled:

hero_sal_outfit2_slide_zip.thumb.png.eca5eb4451702f5ce8e253480c52ac8a.pnghero_sal_outfit3_slide_zip.thumb.png.98dee37344f0829b9e88637c0f3dc94a.pnghero_sal_outfit4_slide_zip.thumb.png.5dafeb416b5d34220d3a9d8183d6613a.png

Assembled:

Sal2.thumb.png.ab307d4559d091f0897a84353f3752f1.pngSal3.thumb.png.d2f4e7df8de6f7b4a66602a7f7ed1f16.pngSal4.thumb.png.d0ac4b71b9f9332bafb152ee5c64a879.png

Rook:

Spoiler

Unassembled:

hero_rook_outfit2_slide_zip.thumb.png.4c767d5f614cbf6081e9e9bc050d5c6a.pnghero_rook_outfit3_slide_zip.thumb.png.57f341d3c1248df18af980fcbee964b0.png

Assembled:

rook2.thumb.png.875c7bf332b89b1607634ff23cc8d494.pngrook3.thumb.png.7d25530da51a1ff5909b8af59b5b8f7e.png

Smith:

Spoiler

Unassembled:

hero_smith_outfit2_slide_zip.thumb.png.fe15e89d998030d7edfb643504ad88fb.pnghero_smith_outfit3_slide_zip.thumb.png.8521314406788e3987f0eb84e02b974c.pnghero_smith_outfit4_slide_zip.thumb.png.0c470ee3e293e71273bb1ce27a22c2bf.png

Assembled:

Smith2.thumb.png.610f63ad07ac5a7ec4b6ef267d6c0e3d.pngSmith3.thumb.png.4e00276002c0e349e1119426e7931e8f.pngSmith4.thumb.png.e0583f3b52599ad341ed0f80d3487944.png

And Buleet, the Rise Turncoat Boss:

Spoiler

boss_turncoat_slide_zip.thumb.png.bc6363d6e93ec6c09aa8e24f9ddbf26f.pngbuleet.thumb.png.ddf7d15926e955b26fa7a3cef1ff42cc.png

Okay, so, Rook's new outfit... is not there. at all. not one reference to it ANYWHERE. We're gonna have to wait for it...

What is there? A HUGE addition to Smith's story, and as of now it's chock-full of hilarious placeholder text that I'm gonna share here to preserve for eternity. Enjoy!

A very very placeholder thing for Tei there's literally nothing to do aside from this:

Spoiler

* You find {tei} standing guard against the perceived injustices of the world.
                player:
                    !left
                agent:
                    !right
                    [P] {player}, you've come back.
                player:
                    I'm a sucker for thankless tasks.
                agent:
                    Excellent. I have just the task for you...

before taking on the non-existant quest you can... ask for lore?

player:
                    [P] Concrete goals are cool and all, but first:
                    Gimme some of that sweet, sweet lore, {agent}!
                agent:
                    !thought
                    Hmmmm...
                    Oh, I've got something!
                    Ahem.
                    Oshnu eggs take 7 months to gestate.
                    !interest
                    And they're <i>covered in hair</>.
                    And the hair?
                    <i>It's delicious.</>
                player:
                    !happy
                    Outstanding!

Family drama (Maybe?):

Spoiler

after you do a job for one of the suitors (Denikus or Adwanette) they ask you to meet at the bar so they can discuss their plans when it comes time to confront Theroux (They apparently want you to kill him because reasons):

* [P] You find {suitor} hanging out at the bar, and generally making a nuisance of themselves to an increasingly frazzled (and star-struck) {moreef}. 
                moreef:
                    !right
                suitor:
                    !left
                    Banter!
                moreef:
                    Banter!
                player:
                    !left
                    Banter?

You can "Ask about life" though I'm not sure who Smith is talking to here:

player:
                    [P] Why bother writing stuff here if it's just going to be replaced?
                agent:
                    It gives a better impression of the final pacing, {player}.
                    And maybe someone, somewhere is reading this stuff!
                player:
                    Gee, I never thought of it that way.

...hehehehehe

okay and then they go to the chapel for the marriage contract or something but then they get ambushed:

* A combat party! For suitor character-specific reasons!
                * You have to negotiate or fight your way out of here! Or maybe just ditch the suitor and run (you monster!)

Branching dialogue here is boring unless you fight and the suitor winds up dead:

* Oh no! {suitor} is dead. It's going to be really awkward when you meet up with {theroux}!

"Oh no!" like YEAH OH NO INDEED

Arriving at the chapel (with the suitor):

* You stay hidden while an officiant does the paperwork for {theroux} and {suitor}.
                * Then {suitor} ham-fistedly points you and and hides (waiting for you to finish off theroux so you can split the inheritance)
                player:
                    !left
                bodyguard:
                    !right
                * {theroux} hides behind his bodyguard, and a BOSS FIGHT ensues.

BOSS FIGHT

...after which, you can...

Kill Theroux:

* You kill {theroux}.
                * {suitor} can play innocent, and inherit a bunch of cash.
                * You can use them later as a resource, because they owe you.

Try to reconcile via negotiation. Taking a break from the sillies here because upon winning, Theroux admits something and THE PLOT THICKENS

agent:
                    I didn't want to cut you out of the will!
                    Vix made me do it!
                player:
                    Alright, now we're on the same side!
                * {suitor} is miffed with you, because now they are married when all they wanted was a payday. That's going to come up again later in a followup quest.

Back to the sillies, here's what happens if you fail the negotiation:

agent:
                    I don't want to hear it! Just do what you came to do!!

* {suitor} kills {theroux} and pins it on you!
                agent:
                    Oh no! I am slain!
                    !exit
                suitor: 
                    That wasn't our deal!
                    I'm now displeased!

"Oh no! I am slain!"

then Smith goes back to the bar, talks with Moreef, blah blah blah time to go to bed!

guys, for the record, I am cackling

9 hours ago, Sei Bellissima said:

Okay, so, Rook's new outfit... is not there. at all. not one reference to it ANYWHERE. We're gonna have to wait for it...

What is there? A HUGE addition to Smith's story, and as of now it's chock-full of hilarious placeholder text that I'm gonna share here to preserve for eternity. Enjoy!

A very very placeholder thing for Tei there's literally nothing to do aside from this:

Reveal hidden contents

* You find {tei} standing guard against the perceived injustices of the world.
                player:
                    !left
                agent:
                    !right
                    [P] {player}, you've come back.
                player:
                    I'm a sucker for thankless tasks.
                agent:
                    Excellent. I have just the task for you...

before taking on the non-existant quest you can... ask for lore?

player:
                    [P] Concrete goals are cool and all, but first:
                    Gimme some of that sweet, sweet lore, {agent}!
                agent:
                    !thought
                    Hmmmm...
                    Oh, I've got something!
                    Ahem.
                    Oshnu eggs take 7 months to gestate.
                    !interest
                    And they're <i>covered in hair</>.
                    And the hair?
                    <i>It's delicious.</>
                player:
                    !happy
                    Outstanding!

Family drama (Maybe?):

Reveal hidden contents

after you do a job for one of the suitors (Denikus or Adwanette) they ask you to meet at the bar so they can discuss their plans when it comes time to confront Theroux (They apparently want you to kill him because reasons):

* [P] You find {suitor} hanging out at the bar, and generally making a nuisance of themselves to an increasingly frazzled (and star-struck) {moreef}. 
                moreef:
                    !right
                suitor:
                    !left
                    Banter!
                moreef:
                    Banter!
                player:
                    !left
                    Banter?

You can "Ask about life" though I'm not sure who Smith is talking to here:

player:
                    [P] Why bother writing stuff here if it's just going to be replaced?
                agent:
                    It gives a better impression of the final pacing, {player}.
                    And maybe someone, somewhere is reading this stuff!
                player:
                    Gee, I never thought of it that way.

...hehehehehe

okay and then they go to the chapel for the marriage contract or something but then they get ambushed:

* A combat party! For suitor character-specific reasons!
                * You have to negotiate or fight your way out of here! Or maybe just ditch the suitor and run (you monster!)

Branching dialogue here is boring unless you fight and the suitor winds up dead:

* Oh no! {suitor} is dead. It's going to be really awkward when you meet up with {theroux}!

"Oh no!" like YEAH OH NO INDEED

Arriving at the chapel (with the suitor):

* You stay hidden while an officiant does the paperwork for {theroux} and {suitor}.
                * Then {suitor} ham-fistedly points you and and hides (waiting for you to finish off theroux so you can split the inheritance)
                player:
                    !left
                bodyguard:
                    !right
                * {theroux} hides behind his bodyguard, and a BOSS FIGHT ensues.

BOSS FIGHT

...after which, you can...

Kill Theroux:

* You kill {theroux}.
                * {suitor} can play innocent, and inherit a bunch of cash.
                * You can use them later as a resource, because they owe you.

Try to reconcile via negotiation. Taking a break from the sillies here because upon winning, Theroux admits something and THE PLOT THICKENS

agent:
                    I didn't want to cut you out of the will!
                    Vix made me do it!
                player:
                    Alright, now we're on the same side!
                * {suitor} is miffed with you, because now they are married when all they wanted was a payday. That's going to come up again later in a followup quest.

Back to the sillies, here's what happens if you fail the negotiation:

agent:
                    I don't want to hear it! Just do what you came to do!!

* {suitor} kills {theroux} and pins it on you!
                agent:
                    Oh no! I am slain!
                    !exit
                suitor: 
                    That wasn't our deal!
                    I'm now displeased!

"Oh no! I am slain!"

then Smith goes back to the bar, talks with Moreef, blah blah blah time to go to bed!

guys, for the record, I am cackling

This is honestly some of klei entertainment's best placeholder text. whoever typed half of that needs a raise, NAY, an egg trophy that i found on google.

Far Out Golden Egg Trophy - Far Out Awards

if only you, sei, we're around back on the epic games launcher so we could truly have a chronicle for all the placeholder text...

rest in peace boop, beep...

17 hours ago, Fail4me said:

Can you post Rook and Sal's maps here? I'm not really keen on how to search and open images from this game.

Okay, bit of a problem here... the game stores all the static assets for the maps in one place, and the animated parts in another. from what I can tell, the compiled animations are NOT the same size as the base map image, so I have no idea where on the map they go. (that and uh... I have no idea how to use Spriter, the software the converter program makes an animation file for)

So, here's the static assets all put together and as you can see they are incomplete because of the missing animations (My laptop froze up a few times as I put this together lol)

Spoiler

MURDERBAY.png

GROUT-BOG-nolights.png

GROUT-BOG-lights.png

If you want to try and put it together with the animated assets however I've done the courtesy of throwing them in a drive folder in addition to the static assets. It includes the Spriter files and even the project files for the static assets put together if you'd like to throw them in your own image editor: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1tf1IH-yVHHh1XvLkdoWq31qQIZu_1Qr2?usp=sharing

I'll do Smith's tomorrow because I kid you not it took me literally half the day to get these two done and guess what? I have the files for the old version of Smith's map backed up so that means I've got TWO Smith maps to work on. And also it is past midnight where I am and I should be in bed

3 hours ago, minespatch said:

The Rook isles are gone.:wilson_ecstatic:

F... man I had a field day when I first saw them lol

Spoiler

Capture.PNG.05da916cb072ea4f0421025e1e5d73ad.PNG

Then again I go ballistic over almost everything as those who are in the discord probably know XD

6 hours ago, minespatch said:

Can someone post the "influencer" card illustration? Smith's face there makes me have a fun Felix Colgrave inspired pose I want to draw.

influencer_tex.png.fc04228edc9ffccf0dc8964173cfbb59.png

He's groovin'!

52 minutes ago, RageLeague said:

Have you used the plax editor at all?

I have, mostly to just check out new areas or full-body builds.

That does remind me though there's an export to png option isn't there? I'll experiment with it later; I'm kinda busy atm

10 hours ago, Sei Bellissima said:
10 hours ago, Sei Bellissima said:

Okay, bit of a problem here... the game stores all the static assets for the maps in one place, and the animated parts in another. from what I can tell, the compiled animations are NOT the same size as the base map image, so I have no idea where on the map they go. (that and uh... I have no idea how to use Spriter, the software the converter program makes an animation file for)

So, here's the static assets all put together and as you can see they are incomplete because of the missing animations (My laptop froze up a few times as I put this together lol)

Hide contents

MURDERBAY.png

GROUT-BOG-nolights.png

GROUT-BOG-lights.png

If you want to try and put it together with the animated assets however I've done the courtesy of throwing them in a drive folder in addition to the static assets. It includes the Spriter files and even the project files for the static assets put together if you'd like to throw them in your own image editor: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1tf1IH-yVHHh1XvLkdoWq31qQIZu_1Qr2?usp=sharing

I'll do Smith's tomorrow because I kid you not it took me literally half the day to get these two done and guess what? I have the files for the old version of Smith's map backed up so that means I've got TWO Smith maps to work on. And also it is past midnight where I am and I should be in bed

F... man I had a field day when I first saw them lol

Reveal hidden contents

Capture.PNG.05da916cb072ea4f0421025e1e5d73ad.PNG

Then again I go ballistic over almost everything as those who are in the discord probably know XD

Oh god, that must have taken a lot of work. Thank you

Okay I'm gonna need some more time for Smith's maps, something came up, sorry! However, I come bearing both good and bad news.

Good news: that cool dude on the Bring it On card got a build, meaning he might show up at some point?

Capture.thumb.PNG.34ca88026af00a14882c1066246a2bcc.PNG

And as for the bad news...

half_sandwich.png.bf328ce0c80e25d21de502eb541b8025.pngsmith_day_1_boss_fight_encourage.png.c04deb1ce80532119e9f8deddc7f3feb.pngsmith_day_1_boss_fight_heckle.png.537099a88e9d64054e9a28c675b34c85.png

RIP cheerleading Smith... You'll always be in our hearts...

Edit: have some Smith Quest icons!

Spoiler

side_smith_rare_imports.png.6007f51052e04fc31db8d39395b1c3d9.pngside_smith_snail_racing.png.53c2bfcfbc8bbdf39fd3d9bb82f606fc.pngside_smith_sponsorship_deal.png.e232b7b7627b5b5fcd4cdb7f1a2e8b5b.pngsmith_story_homecoming.png.41fb11b2a0007951eb776f1fa7666c7a.pngsmith_story_party_store.png.feff46250536e052e4a54cfbbc4dedc3.png

...is this Tei's face?

smith_story_tei.png.88ae0b2ceb530aa448352b8812877d6d.png

Archived