Sei Bellissima

Grifting through the files (aka Datamining)

minespatch    84718
11 minutes ago, iLoveBees said:

The team must have had a lot of fun making his cards

Pretty sure @jouste does the art for the cards but there might be a few other artists.

Sei Bellissima    980
2 hours ago, Szczuku said:

Does anyone know if anything special happens when you spare Day 1 boss as Rook? Any way you can benefit from sparing them?

Cuz I know that as Sal you can meet Day 1 and 2 bosses later on. But so far nothing like this for Rook.

I spared Eonwe in one of my Rook runs but I don't recall getting rewarded from it other than the game giving you a battle card, as usual. Here's the dialogue if you're interested, though (from rook_story_dead_drop_day_1.lua, "player" is rook, "agent" is the boss)

Right after the fight:

Spoiler

Threekwa:

agent:
                        !injured
                    player:
                        $miscMocking
                        Well, there you have it. Seems very little has changed.
                        But what am I to do with you now?
                    agent:
                        $scaredFearful
                        N-nothing. I'll leave the way I came. The bog will cover my tracks behind me.
                        Nobody has to know I was here, and I won't mention you to anyone.

Eonwe:

agent:
                        !injured
                    player:
                        !shrug
                        Come now, old friend. Surely this has gone on long enough.
                    agent:
                        If I walk away now, it's to Hesh's judgment.
                        Surely you know that's worse than whatever fate you could deal me.

The game gives you the option to kill them off here, or to spare them.

Sparing them:

Spoiler

Threekwa:

player:
                        $angrySeething
                        Next time you come wondering what I'm up to, remember the usual rewards that await a curious cat. 
                    agent:
                        $scaredFearful
                        J-just talk normal, you damn old coot. 
                        But fine, I get the picture. See you never—you can be sure of that. 
                        !exit

Eonwe:

player:
                        I suppose so. But that will at least be of your own making.
                        May you keep to the shallows, as much as you're able.
                    agent:
                        !exit
                    * {agent} disappears into the trees, dragged along by the will of {agent.hisher} god.

Killing them:

Spoiler

Threekwa:

player:
                        $neutralResigned
                        Alas, I wish I could believe you, old friend.
                        But your memory is also too good. And I'd just rather be forgotten. 
                    agent:
                        !exit
                    * It's a quick pull of the trigger to finish {agent.himher} off, and easy work to drag the body into the brush. The scavengers will do the rest.

Eonwe:

player:
                        $neutralResigned
                        Yes, I suppose that's true. 
                        Consider this a small mercy, then. 
                    agent:
                        !exit
                    * It's a quick pull of the trigger to finish {agent.himher} off, and easy work to drag the body into the brush. The scavengers will do the rest.

Aside from brawls, references and dailies there is no other mentions of these two in the files, so I'm pretty sure they don't show up later if you spare them.

2 hours ago, minespatch said:

How many different spark baron outfits are there? Might need references.

Gotcha some pics using the Build Tester here (The best quality I can get them at least, my laptop's native resolution is 1366x768 so it's not the best):

Spoiler

SPARK_BARON_GOON

Capture.thumb.PNG.c059ea5c374496abf99c5edd74008abb.PNGCapture12.thumb.PNG.7e0137e7fcf93f1e0caa46ba1e35dc4b.PNG

SPARK_BARON_GOON_PROMOTED

Capture1.thumb.PNG.9fac95f9c03013c2b97e2a755ddac803.PNG
SPARK_BARON_PROFESSIONAL

Capture2.thumb.PNG.c0a907c6af494d2bcf3fe8a87ccce1f4.PNG
SPARK_BARON_TASKMASTER

Capture3.thumb.PNG.27cfe95a00f03684097784df1af47db5.PNGCapture4.thumb.PNG.7990e4d51e50b74f27151105fd0f4e3d.PNG
SPARK_BARON_AUTOMECH

Capture5.thumb.PNG.3c7bd198689cff5fcc14c768497950c5.PNG
PLOCKA

Capture6.thumb.PNG.4fe41af6a1a87519ccb39ac47ccdb3bb.PNG
DRONE_GOON

Capture7.thumb.PNG.57a6b475fb18f0072bfb6c0834aade3b.PNG
KASHIO

Capture8.thumb.PNG.8f92760fb4602794f0b4a6584ef1b8a5.PNG
SPARK_BARON_BOSS

Capture9.thumb.PNG.75c60d0a425978a9e624a2bd01fe0446.PNG
SPARK_CONTACT

Capture10.thumb.PNG.696b313599c3936bcf6c61f9ac59955b.PNG
SPARK_SECOND

Capture11.thumb.PNG.3426483924c8467ba8d5f0abb24304f2.PNG

1 hour ago, iLoveBees said:

This is just gloriously Smith-y haha

Yup, it's Smith for sure lmao

• Thanks 4

RageLeague    1457
6 minutes ago, Sei Bellissima said:

Aside from brawls, references and dailies there is no other mentions of these two in the files, so I'm pretty sure they don't show up later if you spare them.

If you look at the code, it will show that if they are alive at the end of the fight, they will retire. A retired character retains their relationship, but will not show up in the future, anywhere. They basically disappear.

That makes the bounty hunt quest especially punishing if you leave the bounty alive, because they will hate you and retire, leaving you with a permanent bane.

• Thanks 1

TaschDraws    715

Oh yeah @iLoveBees he might actually just be smiling or something in the screenshot I grabbed, I just accidentally caught him right at the end LOL - how do I access those tools again in the Epic version? I thought I saw something about an easy shortcut like Ctrl+T or Ctrl + ~, but neither are working and I can't seem to remember where the post talking about that went.

minespatch    84718
3 minutes ago, TaschDraws said:

Oh yeah @iLoveBees he might actually just be smiling or something in the screenshot I grabbed, I just accidentally caught him right at the end LOL - how do I access those tools again in the Epic version? I thought I saw something about an easy shortcut like Ctrl+T or Ctrl + ~, but neither are working and I can't seem to remember where the post talking about that went.

On 7/14/2020 at 9:33 PM, SpicyNiceCream said:

Type Ctrl+T like how you normally did with Ctrl+C & Ctrl+V.

Oh and yeah you need the --debug thing.

On 7/14/2020 at 9:39 PM, RageLeague said:

Enable debug mode on steam by go to Properties > Set Launch Options and add "--debug". Then typing Ctrl+T will actually do something.

Steam version

• Thanks 1

Sei Bellissima    980
18 hours ago, minespatch said:

What's that grey hat?

I don't think that's used, actually. I looked at the build tester and I don't see it anywhere...

3 hours ago, jouste said:
Spoiler

Hey Guys!
There was a question about the card art and how it's done. Typically they are first designed and then I (Jouste) make a temp art version usually based on what the theme and style the card is trying to show, It's fast and sloppy and really just there as a loose blueprint. You've probably seen them kicking around experimental or the files, they have a big TEMP label on them so it's easy for our artist Daniel Yu to find them and then knock them out of the park and make them game ready with a final pass.

So really it's a big collaboration, if Dan has a better idea that flows more he just puts it in the final art of the card (like the great addition of the lumin rat in this one for example). It's been a lot of fun and even though the cards are technically "drawn" twice, I think that it's what makes them pretty great to look at and enjoy. Hope that answers some questions!

card_art_klei.png

Oh wow, thanks for sharing this! Really cool to have some insight on the process of things :D

• Like 3

Sei Bellissima    980
On 7/23/2020 at 11:42 PM, minespatch said:

Can I get a animation of rook flipping his coin? Need it for a future ref.

My laptop doesn't have the power to record things so I gif-ed a youtube video, hope this is good enough until those animation files are figured out

ezgif-4-3a06d9083d5e.gif.8c1ebdc09855d3368e135aefb584e35d.gif

If anyone's played Smith's preview during the past week; you've probably noticed there's a new mission, that can give you a purchasable card! I'll post those tomorrow, along with those new defensive card icons for Sal and Rook. It's like, midnight where I am and I gotta go to bed lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

minespatch    84718
12 hours ago, Sei Bellissima said:

My laptop doesn't have the power to record things so I gif-ed a youtube video, hope this is good enough until those animation files are figured out

image.png.44655d64f52b1bd717937879eac96cc5.png

I eperated the frames  but it seems the animation is missing a frame(unless it's a artistic decision form the devs). I thought there was a particular frame which shows the thumb propelling the coin but it looks like the animation just shows him swinging his arm up wile doing so. I guess it's just a shotcut since it's hard to see a smear in between arm motions.

Edited by minespatch
  • Like 1

Wumpus the 19th    1196
13 minutes ago, Sei Bellissima said:

I've actually been working on organizing the sprites for another game so I've been busy since my last post here (look me up on the spriters resouw

Hide contents

smith.thumb.png.cb28464af7f1d6c0d3ee22ca03be8e97.png

jesus christ perfect timing. i have the perfect picture to compare the lad to...ahem...

image.jpeg.87f0a4e29146f75ddd99c346898bbd59.jpeg

• Haha 2