Grifting through the files (aka Datamining)

I never really introduced myself, so hi! I'm Sei Belissima; you can call me Sei for short. I love extracting games and seeing how they're put together. I gotta say, it's become a hobby of mine lol

To start off, I have all the card icons extracted (I think!) so here's a few of my faves:

Our heroes being angery (the expressions are so good XD):

Spoiler

domineer_tex.png.7ef113a0bb088cdbec9a2e9b4d8ca3ab.pngchase_tex.png.963058a323659aa6e4616551d407f6fd.pngseethe_tex.png.d191427122b382c550bc074c12ddc795.png

Smith being, uh... Smith:

Spoiler

carbon_copy_tex.png.34f1925225786f818e71a1e797c9ed24.pngbonkers_tex.png.324947172d7c08dc04e0b911254a9a53.pngheadbutt_tex.png.32fdefbfd27bdddd385cd6f9e7950ed1.pnglong_night_tex.png.b5df62eaec94daedd8ae349b53016635.pngendless_supply_tex.png.cb479d9ac4633a7022f9491f4e9a089a.png

Some battle icons I think are cool:

Spoiler

echo_strike_tex.png.17a15ec5afe64d5c9ae9c460740f968b.pngpsionic_storm_tex.png.a4de44e0ef6817ab647a8bfed271f2e9.pngcross_tex.png.d95d0ae551f79cdf627e1a015e7f1976.pngzig_zag_tex.png.440a4b07e085097116c7ea78fb5a3f52.pngheartburn_tex.png.6158de67571e7b9f1edc0794eacd8bbf.png

And more smith because I didn't realize how jacked he was until seeing these:

Spoiler

meditation_tex.png.c49a2989f7bca5ecfa80651996194816.pngkiss_the_fists_tex.png.b989f19ce637aa9724474b6f8a1f440f.pngclassic_smith_tex.png.2a1263f891ca73ad3b1c05b4c0f0d2e8.png

So yeah, here ya go, use em for memes, art references, whatever you want. I've browsed the other threads and I didn't say this on them but y'all are so funny and talented, keep it up, I love it :D

BTW if you want a certain texture or sound (I have all of those extracted) let me know, there's a LOT in this game so I don't wanna post everything, like, all at once. I'll also post again whenever I find something interesting.

4 hours ago, TaschDraws said:

Yo thanks lmao I'd definitely love to hit you up for some of those sounds I've got some video ideas in the works (‘︶‘)

I just responded to your message :D

I see that Smith's menu portrait was added in last night's update! Interesting thing about some of these portraits, in the tex file they're stored with color, lines and shadows separated (sometimes the lines have colored parts too):

Spoiler

menu_smith_zip_atlas0.thumb.png.7bf4973489755f05dfc9dae4760da9db.pngmenu_smith_highlight_fx_zip_atlas0.thumb.png.31a1e62c97f8b4b2ea8858bfd83f1d2c.png

Here's my attempts at putting them together:

Spoiler

Without the shadow:

Smith1.thumb.png.2bb7a3495f5b452d1f14e68d6dc1d241.pngSmith2.thumb.png.ed331dc3711f62413400361f9ee03c5c.png

With the shadow:

Smith3.thumb.png.7ac701a840b09439a6a6d4f82f8ca877.pngSmith4.thumb.png.a189c61ccd3d58cee42d98f447dc2c4b.png

Do note that I touched up a few things; I set the opacity of the blue highlight to 50 and gave it a 5px gaussian blur to replicate what we see in game; the corners of his mouth were transparent and I couldn't find a texture to fill it (like where is it am I missing it or something??), so I eyeballed it and filled in the corners myself.

I'm gonna work on my script again later; see if there's a way to make the game pull up all the file names in certain directories. Right now I can only extract all the card icons at once and I have to do everything else one at a time. It's super tedious lol

40 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

I don't own the game unfortunately. :wilson_dorky:

Psst you should try it out if you have the chance; it's really good and also I think there's a demo on Steam

7 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

I don't own the game unfortunately. :wilson_dorky:

7 hours ago, Sei Bellissima said:

Psst you should try it out if you have the chance; it's really good and also I think there's a demo on Steam

1 hour ago, watermelen671 said:

Well I can data mine that then!

soyousay.png.05776c9f722aafebc2f89783d17baccd.png

3 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

That's right. Guess who just bought Griftlands? 

5aa76668a4032_arielimpliedevil.png.f2a55a086558e295fb0100772b340f4a.png

Wait so um

My thread was pretty much the same idea as this one... do I have to delete it? 'Cause it seems kinda redundant to have two datamining threads

(Sorry if I'm coming off as rude, I uh, just wanted to be sure)

5 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Hey umm, do text files count as data-mining? Cuz I was curious what does Sal say when you betray and later spare her as Rook.

Yeah, it counts! From event_sal_meets_rook.lua ("player" is Rook, "goon" is whatever person Sal is after):

Intro:

Spoiler

* {sal} takes you down a hidden bog path. Soon, you hear noises up ahead.
                * You find a lone Spark Baron muttering to themselves.
                goon:
                    !right
                    Damned grifter won't back off. What am I going to do? 
                    What am I going to do?
                goon:
                    !scared
                sal:
                    !left
                    !threaten
                    Are you coming in quietly, or are we going to dance?
                * The Baron looks around, panicked. Seeing you, {goon.heshe} clutches a coin purse.
                player:
                    !left
                goon:
                    I'll pay you double what this grifter is paying!
                    Don't be a fool!

Choosing to defend goon:

Spoiler

player:
                    !fight
                    Deal.
                sal:
                    !right
                    !angry
                    You rat fink! I'll drop you both!

After the fight, if goon is dead:

Spoiler

sal:
                    !right
                    !injured
                    Is there no honor amongst grifters any more?
                player:
                    I-
                sal:
                    !exit
                * {sal} breaks for it, taking proof of {goon}'s death. At least {sal.heshe} will get paid.

After the fight, if the goon is not dead:

Spoiler

sal:
                    !right
                    !injured
                    You rat fink! I'll be back!
                    !exit
                goon:
                    !right
                    Thank you for the assistance, grifter.
                    I have always depended upon the greed of strangers.

goon will then love Rook with the reason "Defended them from a bounty hunter."

As you can see, Sal likes to call him a rat fink lol. And then there's the ad hominem card:

ad_hominem_tex.png.8193ff5ed2ab05b850aa52db1e096d8e.png

So like. What is the correlation between Rook and rats?? :P

30 minutes ago, Sei Bellissima said:

Wait so um

My thread was pretty much the same idea as this one... do I have to delete it? 'Cause it seems kinda redundant to have two datamining threads

(Sorry if I'm coming off as rude, I uh, just wanted to be sure)

There can be more than one data mining thread y'know. I'm not gonna gank your stuff, if anything I'm mostly gonna stick to one thing so as not to make you redundant. You don't have to delete it is all I'm saying. If Fastidious Spaghet and I can co-exist with DS data mining, I don't see any reason why we wouldn't be able to as well. :wilson_smile:

Spoiler

And I also didn't wanna basically zerg rush your thread with a flood of stuff I found. >.<

1 minute ago, Sei Bellissima said:

sal:
                    !right
                    !injured
                    You rat fink! I'll be back!
                    !exit
                goon:
                    !right
                    Thank you for the assistance, grifter.
                    I have always depended upon the greed of strangers.

As you can see, Sal likes to call him a rat fink lol. And then there's the ad hominem card:

ad_hominem_tex.png.8193ff5ed2ab05b850aa52db1e096d8e.pngSo like. What is the correlation between Rook and rats?? :P

Now that's really cool. I didn't realize this was a easter egg. I just assumed @jouste was having fun.

6 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

There can be more than one data mining thread y'know. I'm not gonna gank your stuff, if anything I'm mostly gonna stick to one thing so as not to make you redundant. You don't have to delete it is all I'm saying. If Fastidious Spaghet and I can co-exist with DS data mining, I don't see any reason why we wouldn't be able to as well. :wilson_smile:

Reveal hidden contents

And I also didn't wanna basically zerg rush your thread with a flood of stuff I found. >.<

Okay that's a big weight off my shoulders whew XD just making sure!

And actually I wouldn't mind us sharing a thread, I was already planning on uploading as much as I can, anyway. And also you have the magic tools that can make the animations and I don't know if I'd be able to do those with my potato laptop. Idk it's up to you (or the mods?)

1 minute ago, Sei Bellissima said:

Okay that's a big weight off my shoulders whew XD just making sure!

And actually I wouldn't mind us sharing a thread, I was already planning on uploading as much as I can, anyway. And also you have the magic tools that can make the animations and I don't know if I'd be able to do those with my potato laptop. Idk it's up to you (or the mods?)

Well if you're okay with it then I don't see why not! I just didn't want to seem like I was stepping on your toes or hijacking your thread. ^^;

Just now, minespatch said:

I assume that if MisterL reads this thread, this would just be like the Hamlet datamining thread. So let's see which thread gets combined with which.,

You could just report it my skeledude, there's an option specifically for "This comment is okay, but I want to tell a moderator about it". :wilson_curious:

Archived