What part of DST you enjoy the most?

I love dst's unique artistic style,love characters and characters stories.for me personally, dst is a great choice for games that my friends can play with. Fighting with bosses and building bases together is very interesting.

Base build: i get to be really creative and just let myself create some really cool stuff. It's a passion i haven't found in alot of game.

Killing bosses: The bosses are all so unique and fun to encounter and prepare for! Finding new ways to kill them or trying to rush as many as possible in a single season is really fun!

Play and chat with friends: i've met a great deal of awesome and nice people with this game. I feel apart of a community by playing DST and it's a nice feeling :3 The DST community is just amazing.

The aesthetic: The artstyle of the game is so unique and appealing to me. It reminds me of Tim Burton alot! I just love the colors, the weird monster hybrids and the pencil style of the game!

Edit: Also the fact that there's numerous ways to play the game and there's just so many options to survive with makes the experience so unique!

As simple as it can sometimes be, the combat and fighting things like giants or even beefalo and kolalaphants, it's very satisfying when your able to bring together everything you've gathered up to that point  and defeat a challenge for even better/ more useful loot

if we talk about dont starve in general: the music themes, art, mechanics, references, being survival, how the game hates you, the different ways of play, the challenges, map editing etc

about dst: i love having raid bosses so stacking lots of some resouces that in previous dlcs was a little pointless now has more sense (like voltgoat horns or mactusk fangs), the skins is a good adition so making bases become less boring and you can organice everything so well with chest skins, the smoth controls so fighting is not a headache, some characters balancing like willow or wendy (srly someone mains willow in ds with her fire all potential? i never tried), having renovable resources like ruins, also having huge hp bosses make them less anticlimatic than pugalisk or iron hulk that you finish the fight before start to enjoy it and,ofc, being able to play with friends

and i would add happily sealing when it will be more complete, for the moment i like the mechanics and theme

edit: talking about music themes, i ******* love toadstool, deerclops, crab king and klaus themes

I really like dst's art style a lot along with the lore. The characters all have different play styles so it's fun to mess around with there perks, I also like general hardness of the game and also I find insanity interesting for some reason. 

Honestly? The free monthly updates- regardless of how big are small said updates are-

NOTHING keeps anyone playing anything without a steady stream of new content to enjoy because eventually you will grow bored.. and you will find something else to do, It’s the same reason Apex Legends continues to change the rules by blowing up portions of the map or introduce new characters or gameplay mechanics.

People who Have not played DST since before Klei’s 2019 updates are in for a real treat the next time they DO Play DST..

New Characters- Wortox, Wormwood, Wurt, and Walter.

Refreshed Characters with new Abilities and fun gameplays added to them-

Wendy, Willow, Woodie, Winona, Warly.

New Content Updates-

Return of Them#1 Turn of Tides 

Return of Them#2 Salty Dog

Return of Them#3 Hook, Line & Inker

Return of Them#4 She Sells Sea Shells

Return of Them#5 Troubled Waters

Also there was the May QoL update adding beards for Wilson and Random as a toggle option for weather season and season length!

The TL:DR 2019/2020 has been the best time to start playing DST.

I think all of it! 

The art is great, it has great humor, creepyness. The one thing i like the most though its the community. I started playing with some friends first but after they left, i got into a public server and made great friends there! I feel that it is such a heathy environment! <3

Hard to choose one thing... there's so much great stuff about this game. The fandom is pretty neat too. I still hadn't explored half of the game (want to do that with my friends) so I have tons of bosses to fight and things to explore. The amount of possibilities and challenging your gamestyle by just changing the character or playing with random people, changing the world as you like and this freedom that has to be earned to enjoy. And the damn atmosphere when playing, music and style of everything.

But most of all, I think, I love the characters. They're all so unique and special in their own way. You can learn so much about them by their simple comments that don't sound like an exposition. You can form an image of the character that is concrete and likable. And each of them has their complex story, which is hard to fit in other formats of games. You can get equally fascinated by a Canadian lumberjack cursed with several were-forms and a chef who gave up his job to care for his mother. I love it. And the fact that I still have so much more to discover only makes me want to play more.

All of it is pretty nice. Bosses are cool, but exploration and base expansion is what I like most. I also love the artstyle, and I like looking at the skin portraits. When I new character is announced or a rework is announced, I tend look forward to the skins more than the actual character lol.

Honestly, I play for the characters.   They're more unique and less formulaic than most game characters tend to be. I can find something to like about each of them.

The lore is decent and interesting, however I feel like it's not as fleshed out as it could be [although it's fun to try and put together the bits and pieces we do have].

5 hours ago, Brubs said:

I think all of it! 

The art is great, it has great humor, creepyness. The one thing i like the most though its the community. I started playing with some friends first but after they left, i got into a public server and made great friends there! I feel that it is such a heathy environment! <3

It's really fun to meet some new friends.

14 hours ago, bagherthegamer said:

Why do you play this game?

a) I like sandboxes and survival games
b) I like it's high customisability (mods, skins, etc.)
c) buy once - unlimited use. no microtransactions except appearance ones (characters doesn't count, i still hate the fact that you need to pay for them)

Archived