Who deserves to escape the constant the most?

If you could pick 3 (or more if you struggle) survivors to leave the constant and return to their world, who would they be and why?  

211 members have voted

1. 1. (All characters excluding the new non-human ones and including Charlie)

• Wilson
    • Willow
    • Wolfgang
    • Wendy
    • WX78
    • Ms. Wickerbottom
    • Woodie
    • Wes
    • Maxwell
    • Wigfrid
    • Webber
    • Winona
    • Warly
    • Walter and Woby
    • Walani
    • Wagstaff
    • Wheeler
    • Woodlegs
    • Charlie
    • Wilbur

5 minutes ago, DaZoul said:

Well, I guess that's true. You have to admit though, he can be pretty disgusting at times, a good example of this is his quote for the Tentacle

no worse than woodie and to be fair i'd probably lewd a tentacle too if i had a choice between that, a merm and a pigman

6 minutes ago, minespatch said:

I was just going by the winona conspiracy board and his single player portrait. Wes was originally from France and if the theory that the expo is connected to France, he might've been like Andy Warhol. Kind of like Wigfrid, artists tied to their crafts.

i mean, but not all mines?

i am sure lots of people were there who had nothing to do with it(though that leads to the question of who would be there in wes' place if he was out with a cold that day)

1 minute ago, gaymime said:

t not all mines?

I guess but he was being a mime in his profile image. I'm sure he'll have a different look when we get to his origin trailer(HOPEFULLY). IF they do prove the theorists right about the expo, we can finally see what caused the fire(just like the Maxwell "Last act" short).

Just now, minespatch said:

No, I'm pretty sure he was a painter. Like his Verdant skin.

i am pretty sure it was stated that painting was his hobby, not his job. regardless it wouldn't translate to being a mime in any way that would make narrative sense. the fact that he was mute before the constant(as indicated by his knowing asl) also wouldn't work if he was a painter by trade since painting is generally done on commission(or at least was before the 70's) so he would need to be able to communicate clearly

I think wilson should be the first one out of the constant because he was thrown in it first then was put in it again by charlie like in the opening cinematic of dst while warly to me is also one who should be first so he can see mama angeline again which was very heartwarming and sad when he got separated from her

Well, I do have one thing in common with Wes.

Spoiler

It's his favorite food. Those things are awesome. We have a Hungarian equivalent to crepes, they are called palacsinta, and the are like the best things ever

I’m a Wendy main, and did not pick Wendy because I am going to assume that real world logic does not apply to the constant- if she leaves the constant she loses the ability to play with her twin sister Forever.

Wendy wouldn’t really want that, Also If All the kids escaped.. Wurt and Wormwood would be all by their lonesomes.. how sad.

I didn’t pick Warly, because by the time he got out Mamanan likely kicked the Bucket.

I Also didn’t pick Willow because she was Immune to fire in the Mortal Realm... and burned down an entire orphanage with her evil caretakers inside- Pretty sure she’s like the “Dark Phoenix” ... and would be seen as a Villain outside of the constant.

3 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

I picked Charlie, Warly and Walter.

Walter seems to have entered by bad luck, Warly for the the reasons already mentioned, and Charlie 'cause she was probably the first victim in this whole mess.

I excluded Walter because he seems to be enjoying the constant and also made a new friend there!

I voted for Wendy because she always states how sad she is and also why would her uncle send her into the constant? Maybe by mistake? Theres so much more to know about Wendy and Maxwell relationship...

Most of the characters don't have much to go back to. Pretty much all of them have better lives in the constant. 

Spoiler

Wilson was a failure, he lived alone in a shack with no friends or family. 

Willow was most likely living on the streets, probably on the run from police. 

Wolfgang... doesn't have enough of a backstory. 

Wendy was only reunited with Abigail in the constant. She might lose her if she ever left.

WX-78 barely remembers his time in the real world, so I assume he only became self aware in the constant.

Wickerbottom had a nice life at home, but she's old. Back in the real world, she doesn't have much time left. But, in the constant, she doesn't age.

Woodie, based on Walter's short, he got Lucy in the constant. He might not be able to bring her back with him.

Wes

Maxwell's life is dedicated to his magic, and he wouldn't leave if he couldn't take the magic with him.

Wigfrid... doesn't have enough of a backstory.

Webber is never going to be able to go back home. A spider boy isn't going to be accepted in the 1920's, plus, he might only be alive because of some magic in the constant.

Winnona isn't going to leave without Charlie, and she might be beyond saving at this point.

Warly would leave as soon as he could, for obvious reasons.

Walter seems to be having a genuine fun time in the constant. 

I really do feel like Wes wouldn't be that bad of a candidate to be sent home after all - despite the lack of information we have about him, I think we can all agree the poor guy has gone through a lot, being given such a harsh judgement. I don't think he would ever be truly happy in the constant, the environment there just cannot provide what he would need to flourish (as opposed to say, Willow, who turned a new leaf in the constant after living miserably in the previous world).

Something interesting I don't think is touched on enough is how many of the survivors truly want to leave sure there are bad things that happen to them but certain characters like Willow or Wigfrid are probaly happier in the constant than the real world and as far as wendy goes it's implied that she willing came to the constant to see her sister again which I'd imagine if she left she'd lose contact with her. Winona and Maxwell on the other hand probaly wouldn't leave unless they could save Charlie. Then there's Walter I honestly feel like the only reason he'd leave is because he seems(I'm not 100% sure) to think woby is from the real world but all that aside I'd vote Warly for the poll.

I picked Walter, Webber, and Wendy because they're children and deserve a chance to live their lives. Went with Warly as well because he has Maman Angeline to take care of. I actually think a lot of the survivors feel better off in the constant then back in the real world.

11 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I didn’t pick Warly, because by the time he got out Mamanan likely kicked the Bucket.

2d2.jpg

They all seem to have fun in the constant. Specialy charlie. 

Plus the dont have much going for them outside of the constant. The game tells us that alot of survivors see this as a second chance rather than a misfortune. 

That too percise, dont you think? 

On 6/26/2020 at 2:03 PM, Lammarr said:

Not to be rude but, Wilbur is obviously not from the Constant since he's not a primeape nor a splumonkey and doesn't seem to be related to them, i think it's also rather obvious he might be one of those highly trained monkeys from the circus Maxwell worked on shown in the William Carter puzzle. (why would the Constant have a real world monkey wearing some silly king costume anyways? Pretty out of place if you ask me.)

That's a good point/theory, Never thought of that.

To keep with Don't Starve's themes of arrogance/ignorance, I think the ones who deserve to escape are Willow and Wolfgang. It's implied from their vignettes that the two of them deliberately wanted to escape the horrors of the real world in the first place whereas most of the DS cast were forcefully pulled in and punished for their careless pursuit of knowledge.

The last person who deserves to escape imo is Wilson. As seen in the Turn of Tides short where he and Winona are easily seduced by the Gestalts, I don't think Wilson has changed much at all from the Forbidden Knowledge trailer, and unlike many of the survivors who searched for knowledge that would help OTHERS (Winona, Warly, Wendy), Wilson did it for himself.

I hope he does get some good character development in future shorts though (e.g. his eventual rework).

Archived