Who deserves to escape the constant the most?

If you could pick 3 (or more if you struggle) survivors to leave the constant and return to their world, who would they be and why?  

211 members have voted

1. 1. (All characters excluding the new non-human ones and including Charlie)

• Wilson
    • Willow
    • Wolfgang
    • Wendy
    • WX78
    • Ms. Wickerbottom
    • Woodie
    • Wes
    • Maxwell
    • Wigfrid
    • Webber
    • Winona
    • Warly
    • Walter and Woby
    • Walani
    • Wagstaff
    • Wheeler
    • Woodlegs
    • Charlie
    • Wilbur

Just now, Lammarr said:

Where's Wilbur

He's a non-human character (that I believe is from the constant if I'm not terribly, terribly mistaken). Webber is an exception since he doesn't come from the constant.

Just now, SeriousSteel said:

If Wilson escapes the Constant he might be able to get out everyone out of there by manipulating the machine he built that sent him there in the first place

Hmm, good thinking, I hadn't thought of that!

Just now, Pinegrove said:

He's a non-human character (that I believe is from the constant if I'm not terribly, terribly mistaken). Webber is an exception since he doesn't come from the constant.

Not to be rude but, Wilbur is obviously not from the Constant since he's not a primeape nor a splumonkey and doesn't seem to be related to them, i think it's also rather obvious he might be one of those highly trained monkeys from the circus Maxwell worked on shown in the William Carter puzzle. (why would the Constant have a real world monkey wearing some silly king costume anyways? Pretty out of place if you ask me.)

3 minutes ago, Lammarr said:

Not to be rude but, Wilbur is obviously not from the Constant since he's not a primeape nor a splumonkey and doesn't seem to be related to them, i think it's also rather obvious he might be one of those highly trained monkeys from the circus Maxwell worked on shown in the William Carter puzzle. (why would the Constant have a real world monkey wearing some silly king costume anyways? Pretty out of place if you ask me.)

That's a good point! I'll make sure to add him to the poll.

20 minutes ago, thegreatJash said:

Warly, because he needs to take care of his Mama Angeline. I don't think any other reason can top family. 

Thank you, came for that.

Mama Angeline is basically playing Don't Starve on Uncompromising Mode at this point :culpability:

22 minutes ago, thegreatJash said:

Warly, because he needs to take care of his Mama Angeline. I don't think any other reason can top family. 

This.

Walter to return Woby to her owner (assuming the owner is not in the constant) 

Wendy to get some mental help.

So I decided to go for the challenge in picking 3 survivors, and I came to the decision of WendyWebber, and Walter. Reason being, they're kids, and they still deserve a chance at childhood. I don't think anybody wants to grow up in the constant.

I'm sure if a small portal had opened up to canonically return 3 survivors, the rest of the gang would probably insist the kids return first as they work towards another exit, plus, it'd be a weight lifted off the shoulders of the adults, having not to worry about the lives of children. 

Besides, some of the adults actually seem pretty contempt with their current lives, Wilson is free to experiment on whatever it is he wants, Willow gets to fuel her inner pyromaniac, Wolfgang gets to feel a camaraderie with the others, Wickerbottom gets to continue her pursuit of knowledge, Woodie gets to chop trees and yell at birds all day, Wes gets to, and Wigfrid gets to challenge anything she comes across, etc.

2 hours ago, thegreatJash said:

Okay, this is going to be pretty dark, but...

Spoiler

She is already in the game: if you dig up a grave, there is a 10% chance that you'll find a ghost, and that may very well be her

I don't think anything can ever escape the Constant - the path is one way only. Earth is definitely safer this way, we can't be sure that survivors don't bring new diseases along with themselves if they return. I definitely wouldn't want to have a world overrun with creatures who feed on fear they themselves induce. Sorry, survivors, but you are trapped there forever.

Charlie of course! She's the most innocent one. She didn't even know that Maxwell was using real dark magic (according to her note) And when she and he entered the don't starve world she had a fate even worse than Maxwell's and of the survivors, she got to lose her humanity and transform into a monster who couldn't even control herself. (Until her two personalities merged into the Queen one...)

The note where it's stated that Charlie didn't even know what Maxwell was doing with the Codex Umbra

sadness.thumb.PNG.d02f96ce8fdf82e8f4af9e47ceab199d.PNG

4 minutes ago, gaymime said:

wes. he literally did nothing to get there, maxwell was just being a giant a-hole and wanted to torture him. he was an innocent bystander who got out of bed on the wrong day

How do you know? Sure, Maxwell says "he displeased me", but what if the truth is so dark, so rash, so disturbing, that Max doesn't want to tell us, or maybe, he is lying to himself, as he doesn't want to believe it

3 minutes ago, gaymime said:

wes. he literally did nothing to get there, maxwell was just being a giant a-hole and wanted to torture him. he was an innocent bystander who got out of bed on the wrong day

How do you know? Sure, Maxwell says "he displeased me", but what if the truth is so dark, so rash, so disturbing, that Max doesn't want to tell us, or maybe, he is lying to himself, as he doesn't want to believe it

Just now, DaZoul said:

I'm pretty sure Wes was a humble street performer and painter like a French Andy Warhol and Maxwell's idea of art was disgusted over Wes's techniques.

5 minutes ago, minespatch said:

I'm pretty sure Wes was a humble street performer and painter

Wes was a humble street performer and painter

humble street performer

humble

HUMBLE?! Have you seen ANY of his examination lines?! Especially the examination quote for the Gold Nugget, I mean that one really shows his true nature.

13 minutes ago, DaZoul said:

HUMBLE?! Have you seen ANY of his examination lines?! Especially the examination quote for the Gold Nugget, I mean that one really shows his true nature.

excuse you, you are taking that entirely out of context. acknowledging the world's perception of a thing is not he same thing as saying it yourself. not ONCE did he expressly say those were his feelings on the matter

i hold that maxwell is anti-balloon. he's pretty rotten so it wouldn't be a surprise

1 minute ago, gaymime said:

ONCE did he expressly say those were his feelings on the matter

I was just going by the winona conspiracy board and his single player portrait. Wes was originally from France and if the theory that the expo is connected to France, he might've been like Andy Warhol. Kind of like Wigfrid, artists tied to their crafts.

2 minutes ago, gaymime said:

excuse you, you are taking that entirely out of context. acknowledging the world's perception of a thing is not he same thing as saying it yourself. not ONCE did he expressly say those were his feelings on the matter

i hold that maxwell is anti-balloon. he's pretty rotten so it wouldn't be a surprise

Well, I guess that's true. You have to admit though, he can be pretty disgusting at times, a good example of this is his quote for the Tentacle

Archived