[Game Update] - 417850

• Developer
  • Controllers are now able to navigate through all open containers, instead of only the first opened container.
  • Reworked how the Slingshot shooting works so it does not lock the character into the animation.
  • Using the Slingshot will now share the target with followers
  • Slightly increased the range of the Slingshot
  • The effect from Slow Down Rounds now lasts 30 seconds
  • Freeze Rounds can now extinguish fires
  • Fixed the missing impact fx for the Pebbles slingshot ammo
  • Woby will now drop all items when using the Celestial Portal
  • MacTusk and Wee MacTusk deal damage again with their blow darts
  • Fixed a bug where the Camper's Tent could be duplicated
  • Fixed the Boomerang throw animation
  • Fixed Woby’s missing nose during various emotes.

View full update

• Like 26
  • Thanks 35

Just now, ScottHansen said:
  • Reworked how the Slingshot shooting works so it does not lock the character into the animation.

Thank you! These are amazing changes, I can't wait to play Walter again soon with these changes.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

• Developer

I’m a little apprehensive about the rework to the slingshot’s attack. It is a pretty high risk change and it may perform differently out in the wild, fingers crossed. Please log bugs if there are glaring issues or if it's just not working out.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 9

11 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

I can't describe how grateful I am right now. A perfectly balanced update indeed!!

Edited by HeatAndRun
  • Like 5

23 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

Controllers are now able to navigate through all open containers, instead of only the first opened container.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeees, no more awkward "Holding a fishing rod? NO CHEST FOR YOU" shenanigans!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Someone in-game mentioned that tentacles are no longer dealing damage? I'm thinking of testing this myself.

image.png.e6a92963677bea34d96909d1363f7190.png

EDIT: FALSE ALARM, turns out the Wes player was just messing around and wanted to see people run into tentacles. My bad!

Edited by Lumberlocke
  • Like 1
  • Haha 36
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

Controllers are now able to navigate through all open containers, instead of only the first opened container.

Awesome, now the crockpot setup with the fridges in the center will work with controller c:

• Thanks 3

22 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

I’m a little apprehensive about the rework to the slingshot’s attack. It is a pretty high risk change and it may perform differently out in the wild, fingers crossed. Please log bugs if there are glaring issues or if it's just not working out.

I've tested on multiple conditions, targets, while mounted or not and all sort of rounds... works pretty good ! those are awesome changes :)

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Lumberlocke said:

Someone in-game mentioned that tentacles are no longer dealing damage? I'm thinking of testing this myself.

image.png.e6a92963677bea34d96909d1363f7190.png

EDIT: FALSE ALARM, turns out the Wes player was just messing around and wanted to see people run into tentacles. My bad!

That man is a god damn genius.

• Like 1
  • Haha 21

• Developer
7 minutes ago, AleksyPL said:

MacTusk and Wee MacTusk deal damage again with their blow darts    

so wee MacTusk now can attack us?

The code supports him attacking, so based on your comment I took a closer look. Turns out, when he does his taunt animation, that is his "attack".

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 13

2 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

The code supports him attacking, so based on your comment I took a closer look. Turns out, when he does his taunt animation, that is his "attack".

oh right, i just thought you nerf the baby tusk one

56 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

It's a psychological attack.

• Like 1
  • Haha 14

7 minutes ago, SoulSliver said:

I don't know if this is intended but Walter is not losing sanity from Night Lights. Also, while he gains sanity from the Thulecite Suit he doesn't gain sanity from the Scalemail.

I think Night Lights are actually just scary, and not shadow magic messing with your head.
Thulecite Suit is probably the opposite of that case. Shadow magic, yada yada, brain go BIG.... feel happy 

• Thanks 1