[Game Update] - 417850

21 minutes ago, bitcrushed_rage said:

I think Night Lights are actually just scary, and not shadow magic messing with your head.
Thulecite Suit is probably the opposite of that case. Shadow magic, yada yada, brain go BIG.... feel happy 

Night lights use gems and nightmare fuel to make a shadow fire out of the fuel that produces only light, and no heat. How is that not magic?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, bitcrushed_rage said:

I think Night Lights are actually just scary, and not shadow magic messing with your head.
Thulecite Suit is probably the opposite of that case. Shadow magic, yada yada, brain go BIG.... feel happy 

Ah I see, that makes sense. Always thought Night Lights were sapping sanity from the survivors.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Night lights use gems and nightmare fuel to make a shadow fire out of the fuel that produces only light, and no heat. How is that not magic?

I'm not denying it's shadow magic, I'm just saying that it's the shadow magic that's scary. It's not something directly tied to any survivor like Night Armor, or a Dark Sword. It's just really creepy that this weird shadowy thing is making light that's oddly devoid of any temperature.
Walter doesn't care though.

The attack cancelling is pretty cool.  Getting stuck in an attack animation was rough, especially considering latancy.  Hopefully this ends the complaints about Walter.  With the increased ranged he's pretty ez.  low risk, meh reward.  I'm okay with that.

• Like 1

Walter seems pretty good right now. I think his ice pellets could be a little better somehow, but they did just give him more range. So at least it has longer range than the ice staff. Thing is, the ice staff douses flames and smoldering items and structures, and is better in situations where you're freezing enemies that always freeze in one hit because the ice staff in that case is faster and more cost efficient per blue gem than frozen pellets.

1 hour ago, NoscopeFelix said:

How much bigger Is his range now?

it's like a quarter of a pitchfork tile longer. Just a tiny bit more. It was equal to ice/fire staff before, but now it's just step further

Edited by Bird Up
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NoscopeFelix said:

How much bigger Is his range now?

It had a range of 8, now it has a range of 10.

It basically puts you further away than a deerclops attack, and lets you land at least 2-3 hits on most mobs before they get to you. Paired with Big Woby and the fact that you can cancel the animation if you are going to get hit, It's reallyreally good.

Edited by ShadowDuelist
  • Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

It had a range of 8, now it has a range of 10.

It basically puts you further away than a deerclops attack, and lets you land at least 2-3 hits on most mobs before they get to you. Paired with Big Woby and the fact that you can cancel the animation if you are going to get hit, It's reallyreally good.

This. No-hitting a Deerclops wasn't very hard before but now it's extremely forgiving if you mess up the timing a little. I'd love to see "New" Walter against Dragonfly.

13 minutes ago, Mikeadatrix said:

This. No-hitting a Deerclops wasn't very hard before but now it's extremely forgiving if you mess up the timing a little. I'd love to see "New" Walter against Dragonfly.

Well, it would be a bit risky but you can do a mob-block on dfly to keep it from reaching you so you can just unload rounds on it non-stop.  The risky part is that she can smash the mob-block when she enrages.  You'd have to be VERY on your toes for that...

So far, the most efficient early game strat for Walter is:

1. Get Materials as normal

2. Once you prototype a spear, start hunting koalas using your starting 10 rock ammo to aggro them.

3. Trade the spoils to pig king for excess gold, turn the gold into ammo.

4. Rely on golden ammo until you can upgrade to marble rounds.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, 1bubbainpa said:

So far, the most efficient early game strat for Walter is:

1. Get Materials as normal

2. Once you prototype a spear, start hunting koalas using your starting 10 rock ammo to aggro them.

3. Trade the spoils to pig king for excess gold, turn the gold into ammo.

4. Rely on golden ammo until you can upgrade to marble rounds.

Don't forget that gold rounds are self-supplying: Use a gold nugget to make 10 rounds, then use those rounds to kill rabbits and birds for morsels which can be sold to PK for 1 gold each.

• Like 14

I tested the new range and cancel animation with console commands, i spawn bearger and seems like the tentacles mess his aggro. He loose interest in you if the tentacle hits him

Also, is intencional how stunlocks him the marble and thulecite pellets?

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo

• Developer
11 hours ago, Bird Up said:

the ice staff douses flames and smoldering items and structures,

That reminds me, I forgot to add that to the patch notes: 

• Freeze Rounds can now extinguish fires

Its a lot more expensive than using an ice staff, but it will work in a pinch.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 9

3 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

Small detail :lol:

1 hour ago, ScottHansen said:

Can I ask for a tiny buff to poop pellets if possible please? I simply would like to ask that they be burnable in a campfire as an Emergency last resort fire source.

Why? because the other day I actually managed to die because the fire I had set up died because I didn’t have enough sticks, grass etc.. to keep it fueled through the rain. What I DID have though... was 60 Poop Pellet rounds.

X.x talk about embarrassing deaths. 

• Haha 7

• Developer
2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I simply would like to ask that they be burnable

Make sense, sure thing. You wont be able to shoot them at fire pits though (it would be a nice thing to add but I should be working on more critical things right now). I also looked into making them work as  an extra small fertilizer but I ran into some issues that made them too OP,  maybe another time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 11
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

YYYYEEEESSSSSS

• Like 1

After finally getting a chance to try I gotta say I like the changes a lot combat wise Walter becomes a low risk low reward character with slingshot solo, and a high risk high reward at melee range. On the other hand he becomes a powerful support in a group while it's costly slowdown rounds and freeze rounds work wonders in boss fights.