A former discovery of a hilarious console command any client can do.

I once had discovered a console command used by another player in a server I visit frequently. What it does is, very oddly enough, allow the player to change their character's appearance into a different survivor entirely. What happened in-game was that they were playing Wortox, but I quickly picked up that they looked like Wendy and immediately questioned how it was done. I long since forgotten the command, probably a month ago, and was hoping that anyone here was able to re-inform me of the sorcery I have encountered before.

3 hours ago, Hornete said:

Isnt this @CarlZalph? :wilsondisapproving:

Most likely, I use that getup and name combo.

Timestamps from when I found it and some quirks:

image.png.fd68478be82bf537842b3f7325f6d2e1.png

image.png.f36bd54f004fdecb8305bc9de8fd8706.png

image.png.761f1830a189eb17bad72c28768e01cd.png

To do this isn't too hard, but it uses the wardrobe; there's no sanitization checks for what a user equips using it, unlike when the player selects a character to spawn in as.  You can even equip unrenderables like "TheWorld" and other prefab names, it'll show thingamabob/prefab in the player inspect panels.

And yeah, Klei devs know of this already but it doesn't really do anything but mess with the aesthetics a bit, so I'd imagine it's still pretty low priority to fix.

Spoiler

evil.thumb.png.fbf530d1a52f24884b21a958e2215aff.png

image.png.a8e9e6f98affbe00288a04f227d4438f.png

c_select() c_sel().AnimState:OverrideSymbol("target_item", "new_build", "new_item")

Use this command to change the look of whatever you want with your cursor, and here's a tutorial to use it :

target_item : replace with whatever you want to change from your target (cursor), you have to use a valid object name of the target build

example : to change your head, you will have to change the object "headbase" (and "headbase_hat" when you wear something)

new_build : replace with the name of a valid build

example : if you want to replace it from something from another character, just use "wolfgang", look for every other build in the anim folder of the game

new_item : replace with a valid object name from the new build

example : if you want to find out an object name from a build, you will probably need the help of this uncompiler

So let's say I want to change the head of a Deerclops with Wes head :

- point at the Deerclops

- use the command c_select() c_sel().AnimState:OverrideSymbol("deerclops_head", "wes", "headbase")

cursed.thumb.jpg.0d8a0f1b398f85608858a3fa6e5654cf.jpg

With this method, nothing will stop you from being the new eldritch god of the constant, behold the Gnarwloomworm/Malbwarusfly

(if someone need some assistance for this command just DM me)

Edit : oh my bad, I haven't noticed the "any client" on the title... hmm, I'm sure the command will work on you even if you aren't the host but everything will only be client sided... I doubt there's a way to make it work for everyone unless you're the host :( at least, I hope the command will be helpful for some of you ^^

Two weeks ago I've met 4 people using this bug/mod on a public server. Two of them played as Woodie (but with other appearance) and I couldn't really see them in their goose forms and they were pushing me out of the light at night, I couldn't move (I don't know what bug this is, not being able to move when someone pushes you) so I logged out and in to not die in the dark.

32 minutes ago, Queron81 said:

I couldn't move (I don't know what bug this is, not being able to move when someone pushes you) so I logged out and in to not die in the dark.

This is caused from the prediction engine being a dingbat.

I'd highly recommend not using client movement prediction and getting used to the delays in inputs.  It's better to see where you really are than having the game lie to you the entire time.

I remember seeing a Wendy looking like a Webber. Since we thought he was hacking (op Webber+Abigail) we kicked him from the server several times. He ended up setting our base on fire. Now i feel dumb lol

14 hours ago, CarlZalph said:

I'd highly recommend not using client movement prediction and getting used to the delays in inputs.  It's better to see where you really are than having the game lie to you the entire time.

What do you mean with "client movement prediction"? Lag compensation?

Archived