Can't wait for this month's content update if there is one...

17 minutes ago, WkingDisaster said:

Have been checking daily for a week, it's about time XD

It’s either coming tommorow or it’s not coming this month at all. They don’t have any other Tuesdays or Thursdays left in this month to release an update on lol xD.

But even if there’s not an update this month I won’t be too upset, I know Klei is working on high quality content & with at the very least 8 other characters who haven’t been reworked yet, (that’s not even counting Shipwrecked or Hamlet DLC characters) We still have quite a long ways to go before the game updates end. :) 

Here’s a link for my source-

https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Characters

Just now, --- -.- said:

don't worry we will get some new skins in the next update and a new fish so its worth the wait.

I know that you're just being sassy towards Klei but you might be right.

They did say that because of working from home the next update will be small 

7 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

They did say that because of working from home the next update will be small 

Honestly I don’t see what the problem is.. if each update only brought in ONE new core gameplay feature and mob I could be perfectly happy with that. Hook, Line & Inker brought in Skittersquids that now invade your base every summer season, She Sells Seashells ported Wobster from shipwrecked, and them update before that brought Gnarwails & Saladmander 

(they brought a lot more stuff too but I’m using these as my examples)

Each update bringing in one new mob or feature still slowly but surely adds fresh life into the game.

38 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

it was just a prank bro. i know the world is infected from virus and everyone must hide in their homes and no big update will come.. i may be sassy monkey but im not a dumb sassy monkey.

anyways every update adds skins so im not wrong if you like skins you can look forward to them. i know a guy who buys all skins and he loves them so much he spent over 1000 dollars on skins and we good friends so no hate to the skin lovers out there, peace love, peace love.

24 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Hook, Line & Inker brought in Skittersquids that now invade your base every summer season

That's not remotely how Skittersquid spawning works. They spawn near schools of ocean fish and their spawn rate depends on the moon phase. They do not care what season it is and their primary concern is hunting fish, not invading your base. (Besides, what would even be the point in having them invade your base? They can't destroy anything on land and they're not hostile unless attacked...)

Not sure when Klei can go back to normal operating procedures but I can say that here in my hometown that things are starting to go back to normal there are of course limitations and Precautions still being made of course but for the most part- everything’s going back to normal, my local planet fitness opened back up for example: however they are limited to only being allowed to have 70 people total in the building at any given time.

Tacobell has equally opened back up, but again with limited people allowed in the building, and all workers have to wear masks and gloves while making my food. (It should stay that way TBH... I don’t need these folks making my food touching & breathing on it) ahem anyways.. 

My point is that I don’t know Klei’s Situation- But over here where I’m at things are going back to normal though with limits & with caution.

5 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

That's not remotely how Skittersquid spawning works. They spawn near schools of ocean fish and their spawn rate depends on the moon phase. They do not care what season it is and their primary concern is hunting fish, not invading your base. (Besides, what would even be the point in having them invade your base? They can't destroy anything on land and they're not hostile unless attacked...)

They come on land in the Summer... and they will wander around outside of the Ocean, there’s no fish on land but they wander around on the land anyway.. my guess is that the ocean gets too hot for them in summer so they take brief breaks on land? & I know they aren’t hostile unless attacked, but still they’re something NEW that has a new function in Summer season- people said Summer felt lacking in content, so Skittersquid were added. Just stating the facts man.

I hope for new items, like improvements to stuff the boat (everything we already put on, but specific for the boat, in order to have space), firepit, special light where we could put light balls, special large chest, and more. Only usable on boat, because the boat deserve more.

And a bunch of new items craftable with existent ressources, like teeth, but more too.

Items only is a good bet for a small update. 

52 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

snip

there is nothing in the code that suggests this happening, because it doesnt happen at all. They dont go on land exclusively in summer, they just kinda wander around and can go on land if that's where they're headed.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

They come on land in the Summer... and they will wander around outside of the Ocean, there’s no fish on land but they wander around on the land anyway.. my guess is that the ocean gets too hot for them in summer so they take brief breaks on land? & I know they aren’t hostile unless attacked, but still they’re something NEW that has a new function in Summer season- people said Summer felt lacking in content, so Skittersquid were added. Just stating the facts man.

What facts did you state? All I see is a bunch of baseless assumptions:

You assumed that Skittersquids have some special mechanic that makes them come on land during summer because you saw a coincidence that you looked too deep into. And then you made another assumption about your first assumption: that this special mechanic was made in response to community feedback. And then yet another assumption about the in-universe reason for the existence of said special mechanic.

Update is coming tomorrow and as I said it is smaller than normal so we focused on QOL stuff, no new content. But, I think you'll be happy with what we managed to get in there. 

16 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Update is coming tomorrow and as I said it is smaller than normal so we focused on QOL stuff, no new content. But, I think you'll be happy with what we managed to get in there. 

@JoeW

will come to PS4 tomorrow too?

43 minutes ago, JoeW said:

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!Yes Sir!

The only thing I wait with baited breath for is the Webber update. Everything else I've learned not to get my hopes up for, especially when covid is amok as that will naturally slow things down.

QoL could mean anything. Can't wait until tomorrow (coincidentally, that's when my school year ends, so perhaps it is QoL day after all ;) )

1 hour ago, JoeW said:

I love how this can literally mean anything... lol I’m sorry I just got put that out there, I won’t get my hopes up for anything extra special but do people realize exactly what “no new content” means? It means content that wasnt already part of the game. 
Gorge and Forge content however.. is already part of the game. And like I said I’m not getting my hopes up on ANYTHING- But I just wanted to point how vague saying that is.  

But for real Take all the time you guys need on the updates, I don’t mind waiting I was thrilled with Wendy’s Refresh, the Return of them Updates, the Clean Sweep and that cool Crab King Boat Sail :D those things all fill my heart with much joy, Thank You all very much for them.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

I love how this can literally mean anything... lol I’m sorry I just got put that out there, I won’t get my hopes up for anything extra special but do people realize exactly what “no new content” means? It means content that wasnt already part of the game. 
Gorge and Forge content however.. is already part of the game. And like I said I’m not getting my hopes up on ANYTHING- But I just wanted to point how vague saying that is.  

Another event is something that they dont just pull out of the blue, Klei knows how many people want the events back and they would announce it at least a month in advance like they've done with the events the past 3 times.  I wouldnt say that bringing back a long awaited event by many is "small QoL stuff".

Archived