Please revert Dragonfly Theme to "a Summer Showdown"

Which Dragonfly theme fits/is better?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. which theme is better?

• A summer Showdown (RoG Dragonfly theme)
    • The Floor is Lavae ( Dst Dragonfly theme)

Imho opinion, the original RoG theme fits the Dragonfly much better than the current one. Especially considering it is now limited to summer treeguards, which never happen.

Suggested theme (first) vs Current theme (second)

"A Summer Showdown" seems to me more.. friendlier than current "DF fight" tune which conveys a more menacing tone.

If you started with DS and are used to its ins-and-outs prior to DST I understand your predilection. But objectively current DST DF's fight song is more energetic and - again - threatening, communing the gravity of fighting a 27k HP boss with very narrow kite-intervals and devastating attacks.

32 minutes ago, Well-met said:

I hear it plenty with spider queens.

You've probably fought DF too much and you want different music.

i actually never have. i just like the theme better. I listen to the OST for fun

11 minutes ago, Duck986 said:

But it will be good if Klei will add a music selector so u can choose your favorite.

Gramophone.png.e349a5c6fe6cee9d20cb1969437bc3d8.png

It would be amazing, in my opinion, if we were able to build a gramaphone and put disc (minecraft style) of some theme song of the game. I don't really know how unlocking them would work, but they could be given by the pig king by giving him some specific dishes, by killing some bosses or just randomly interacting with it could change the music. You could have your favorite songs play constantly in your base or where ever you build that structure.

Or you know pop on youtube and listen to a mix of 1h of the same song on loop while you play x)

11 hours ago, Lammarr said:

You can also hear a Summer Showdown while fighting bearger during summer, i mean, it's pretty rare but it's true.

!  I THOUGHT I'd heard that song just recently, and I haven't fought any form of Dragonfly in a while!  However, you don't even  have to actually get into a fight with a boss yourself to make boss music start playing.  There just has to be a fight happening of some kind _with a boss nearby_.  And THAT'S what kept happening when I made Bearger kill the hounds for me over and over during the summer!

Spoiler

(then it turned fall and he immediately hated my guts, so I had to do this:)

121byebyebearger.png.6bdca81a50a479bfde721557dc700869.png

But yeah, I was definitely hearing the Summer Showdown music just recently.  Also...summer Treeguards don't happen? Weeeelll...needing fuel to keep endo fires going because of the heat + needing fuel to restock your flingos + wood being one of the most readily available fuels... = on the surface at least, summer treeguards are indeed a thing.  :)

...Notorious

Imo while both themes are tied for the third-fourth best boss theme ingame (bar EFS of Winter and Klaus) i think they belong whey they play now. To me Summer Showdown sounds far more frantic and suited for shorter fights, while Dragonfly's theme is more subdued and drawn put considering how longer and tougher the Fly's fight is.

It wouldn't really be reverting, A Summer Showdown was never the Dragonfly's theme specifically, you'd just most commonly hear it while fighting her since she's the boss that actively seeks you out during summer in RoG. Either way I wouldn't really want them to switch places. The DST theme feels like an actual dramatic fight like the DFly has with the lavae and enraging, while A Summer Showdown feels like... well, like a RoG boss track. It's something that sounds fitting for just kiting a treeguard or spider queen or big green fly around in the middle of summer, not for an epic dragon fight.

Also I'm so sorry for corrupting your minds with "The Floor is Lavae," I've seen that name twice in this thread but I just made it up in 2016 because at the time I thought it was cooler for my soundtrack uploads to have actual names than to be accurate, It's not official in any way.
image.png.b973b541ab1464ea8c733703b129a332.png

2 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

Also I'm so sorry for corrupting your minds with "The Floor is Lavae," I've seen that name twice in this thread but I just made it up in 2016 because at the time I thought it was cooler for my soundtrack uploads to have actual names than to be accurate

Congrats you've made a change in the world

3 hours ago, Sunset Skye said:

Also I'm so sorry for corrupting your minds with "The Floor is Lavae," I've seen that name twice in this thread but I just made it up in 2016 because at the time I thought it was cooler for my soundtrack uploads to have actual names than to be accurate, It's not official in any way.
image.png.b973b541ab1464ea8c733703b129a332.png

While I knew this, I deliberately didn't point it out because this is way funnier than calling it Dragonfly Theme or something. (I also liked "Flight of the Grumblebee".)

Archived