What is your top 3 of the best youtubers in DST?

On 4/14/2020 at 10:19 AM, emin61 said:

The edge lord himself is playing minecraft and his videos are all outdated. not to mention he left dst already. 

if you were able to filter his bs his videos were actually somewhat informative. he was just too entitled and he sounds like a teenager

freedo films is the one that is spot on for most of my thoughts right now so i think my favorite is him

Here are my favorites, in no particular order

1- James Bucket: He never fails to make me laugh!

2- Don Gianni Guides: Really great tips and fun challenges!

3- Jazzy Games: I just adore his content overall

Of course I like others like Beard777, Gabriel Gabriel, etc, but these are my top 3 favorites!

I'm...a little off from most others here I think, because I don't watch at all for walkthroughs, coolness and speed.  If I want to know how to do something, I OVERWHELMINGLY would prefer to be able to _read_ it and then try to do it myself.  Screenshots are always a nice addition.  But with a video you have to keep seeking around to find the exact part you're stuck on, and...bah...

But if I'm gonna sit down and WATCH a game, I usually tend to go for more casual, fun Let's Plays.  Basically, people who are funny on their own (Sips, Sugawolf, Jacksepticeye, etc.), or groups of friends who have great chemistry together and whose banter bounces off each other well (Stumpt is the main name I can think of here, but there are a LOT.)

Skill level:  Those who are OBVIOUSLY being an idiot on purpose or, even worse, "happening" to troll and grief the other person who's trying to play at least semi making-actual-progress, for the "lul"s, drive me CRAZY and make me want to punch them or, rather, stop watching.  LEGIT idiots who keep _earnestly_ making the same mistakes over and over are frustrating. 

But.  To see someone's WHOLE DS/T journey, from the proper beginning where they don't even know to make a light at night to when they're able to fight bosses and challenge the ruins, is the best ever.  THAT'S hella satisfying.  I like to see people who start off as idiots but _learn_, and watch their journey with them.  If they're also funny and come across as a decent person I could see myself hanging with, even better.

All the above is probably why my playlist on YouTube has annoyed MANY a person clicking on it, 'cos there's absolutely no walkthroughy or look-how-cool-I-am stuff in there at all.  I watch Let's Plays for fun and/or to see a game I might be interested in, to see if I really do want it or not.  I mean...after all, the latter reason is WHY I got into the DS universe in the first place.  :)

...Notorious

Who are you favorite DST youtubers, average ones and bad ones? High is youtubers I like, mid are the ones I am neutral about and low are the ones that are kind of bad. For me it would be something like this:

High: Don Giani Guides (original videos and a lot of skill), Helicalpuma (is calm and is a good player) and James Bucket (is funny).

Mid: Slasher (is quite funny but chaotic at the same time, so I do not know), Jazzy (he is a good player and he is nice, but his videos are not edited) and Joeshmocoolstuff (is a nice guy with a lot of skill, but videos are not really edited. He is gone tho, so I do not know if his videos would be top tier now).

Low: Beard (he steals content) and Edgy Rick (he was toxic to his fans, thank god he left DST).

I don’t watch ANY Youtubers, and I highly dislike Having to watch someone stream 6 hours worth of the game on Twitch to unlock cool cosmetics to further enjoy my own game experience.

If I had a YouTube Channel, or my own Twitch, Mixer.. Whatever- My glory hog face would be nowhere to be seen, You wouldn’t see me on Webcam, you wouldn’t hear me on a Headset screaming like some Child.. You wouldn’t see me begging for Likes & Subscribes.

What You WOULD See & Hear is strictly me playing the game, and maybe answering questions about the game if someone types them into the chat.. otherwise this YouTube, Twitch, Mixer etc is just to get yourself recognized When video game streams should be about the game.. not what I ate last Tuesday, or where I bought the Shirt I’m Wearing.

And because literally no stream channel is like that, I hate them.. I hate every single last one of them.

The only streams I can somewhat Tolerate are Developer streams from the people who actually make and design the game, but when they try to be too funny, ridiculous etc I’ll even stop watching them.

I never could watch those Watchtower live streams for Injustice 2, Despite paying a good 120$ for the game back in 2017 when it came out those Developers.. they just acted too goofy, And you could straight up tell that their live versus matches were rigged. 

I have Zero respect for a company like that, if your going to showcase a new DLC character fighting, don’t rig the match so the DLC character looks better than they actually are.

TL:DR- Keep it real and ONLY about the game, or I’m out.

1 hour ago, TheHollowKnight said:

What do you mean Beard steals content? He is one of my Favorites 

He got caught stealing farm ideas without credit. But beyond that, he's not the nicest person in the world, and he (infamously) talks absurdly slow so he can stretch a two minute guide to ten minutes for ad rev.

From the way I see it, Beard seems to be doing youtube purely for the money, which is very obvious to anyone but children.

Spoiler

I heard through the grapevine that he hosted a "fanart contest" just to essentially get free art which is SUPER scummy, but Im not sure how true this is.

Now, to talk about the OP so this thread doesn't get locked.

S: Freddo Films, Slasher
A: James Bucket
?: Everyone else, I don't watch DST youtube that much lol
F: Beard

Freddo's personality is easily likable, chill, and down to earth (plus he shares a very similar mindset to the game as me)
Slasher is the epic maymay dude that actually plays the game and does interesting challenges from time to time instead of trolling in pubs.
James Bucket, while I haven't watched him in a while, is decent. I have nothing against him, but I have kinda grown out of his style of content as of late.

Okay, since it turns out this is a duplicate thread and I was an idiot, I'm cutting down my original message to a much shorter version:

GOOD commentary rules, Edgy Rick drools, talk _some_ but about the game so I can follow what's going on when my eyes aren't on the screen, and if you're a streamer don't have a big/loud/animated thank-you thingie. Also for both recorded and livestreams, pay more attention to the game than the audience.  I'm not a member of any Fangirl Armies; I'm there for the CONTENT not you...but if you present the content well, I might start looking up _your_ presentations of said content over other peoples'.  Even the famous ones.

There.

...Notorious

To everyone thinking that this thread was made in good faith, the OP was the same person who made the "What is your top 3 of the best youtubers in DST?" thread a week ago, which basically asks the same question as this thread.

Please correct me if you think I'm wrong, but I'm 90% sure the OP is trying to stir up trouble by riling up people who have strong feelings against the youtuber in question. I'm also saying this as one of those people who has those strong feelings.

I just checked yeah they made that one

1 minute ago, Rinkusan said:

To everyone thinking that this thread was made in good faith, the OP was the same person who made the "What is your top 3 of the best youtubers in DST?" thread a week ago, which basically asks the same question as this thread.

Please correct me if you think I'm wrong, but I'm 90% sure the OP is trying to stir up trouble by riling up people who have strong feelings against the youtuber in question. I'm also saying this as one of those people who has those strong feelings.

Duplicate thread or not, video game streams should be about the game.. not webcams, talking about crap unrelated to the game and trying to become some internet mega-star over night by begging people to like & subscribe your pages.

7 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Duplicate thread or not, video game streams should be about the game.. not webcams, talking about crap unrelated to the game and trying to become some internet mega-star over night by begging people to like & subscribe your pages.

absolutely ZERO ENTERTAINMENT

Well, that's basically what I was saying (not the ZERO ENTERTAINMENT part).  I just have a higher amount of commentary I'll allow, and facecams usually don't bother me TOO much, unless they're too big or covering a key part of the screen (such as the stats).  But if you read my actual post, I pretty much agree with you, Mike--I want a video about a game to be way more GAME than anything else.  It's almost impossible to find someone who doesn't mention subscribing, liking, etc. _at all_, so if they do it only once and in an easily-skippable part of the video (such as the very beginning or end) I mind less. 

And if you're gonna do the "just chill and chat while I play a game as strictly _background_ thing, just SAY that somewhere in your title or description.  Thanks.  Just...just tell us.

The other day, I saw a new video from someone who hadn't been around for a while, and there was a comment that stood out to me.  Someone was talking about how this was good, intelligent content with NO flogging your social media, begging for likes, etc. no sponsors, _just_ content. And I hadn't stopped to think about that, but...yeah!  I hope this person manages to stay that way for a while yet. 

Spoiler

He's not a Don't Starve person or even really a gaming one, but he _is_ a rare example of quality just-content.  So yeah, YouTubers like that ARE out there.  And he's got near 150K subscribers, so it's not a _tiny_ channel... 

Name's Dreksler Astral; he does a lot of sci-fi what-if scenario stuff with cool music and pictures. Like, he describes what it might be like to go to various space objects and writes it out kinda like a short story, but based off of our current actual science knowledge about the thing.  Last episode (as of when I'm writing this) was about climbing Olympus Mons on Mars.  The best way I can describe his videos is "relaxing music and cool pictures meets oldschool sci-fi novel.")

Anyway so yeah, non-obnoxious Youtubers DO exist; it's just a shame they're kinda the minority.

...Notorious

8 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

video game streams should be about the game.. not webcams, talking about crap unrelated to the game

But what about when the game gets boring and there's almost nothing to talk about? Just sit in silence? (I'm not saying i like streams, i still prefer edited videos much more)

S:  James Bucket
A: Giovanni? (Sorry if it's incorrect), orangE, Glermz ( does it count?)
B: Mostly everyone else
D: Edgy Rick
F: Just Beard and Lakurion/Lakurius?

I hold a grudge againist Beard for his unfair bans on his discord and Lakurion for being the way he is.
Behold, Drama.

Spoiler

I was talking with a moderator on Beard's server when Lakurion came, he claimed Beard stole "Lakurion's" tree-chopping technique (Maxwell using shadow puppets...), Lakurion posted NSFW, got banned by the moderator, Beard came back few minutes later and banned me and demoted the moderator for nothing.

I know Lakurion for being certainly not-good-ish, posting NSFW of almost any character, throwing slur words.
Certainly a lot of people have been sent NSFW from him.
I used to be friends with him when I had hard times irl and it kinda helped me get over those harder times.

Archived