What character do you think should be reworked next?

Which character should be reworked next?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Which character do you think should be reworked next and could benefit alot from it?

• Wilson
    • Wolfgang
    • Wx-78
    • Wickerbottom
    • Wes
    • Maxwell
    • Wigfrid
    • Webber

I decided to make this small poll to see what you guys think about the character that should be changed next. Don't be discouraged to give your full thoughts and opinions on this subject, there are no wrong answers. Why do you think this character needs a rework? What do you think should be implemented into the character you chose? How do you feel about the character you chose and it's state both gameplay wise and lore wise? Feel free to answer these questions in anyway you'd like.

27 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Webber or WX-78 seem the most plausible.

This, Webber is becoming extinct. WX is a Wilson on steroids if you ignore Ruins rushing.

But, personally, I want Wes as soon as possible. He is the most curious I am on how he will be reworked.

My heart says Wigfrid, because I want to weave the few elegants I don't have for her, but Webber definitely needs it the most.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

I choose Wes.. just because currently he is the most boring uninteresting character to play as in the entire game, Even Wilson’s Dapper Beard is a better gameplay perk.

That's the point of Wes, he's meant to be the most boring and uninteresting character. He doesn't need a rework, he's hardmode.

8 minutes ago, Skorne said:

My heart says Wigfrid, because I want to weave the few elegants I don't have for her, but Webber definitely needs it the most.

That's the point of Wes, he's meant to be the most boring and uninteresting character. He doesn't need a rework, he's hardmode.

There’s a huge difference between “Hardmode” and “Boring”

In the mobile version of DS you can set your server up so that it spawns you into the game with already reduced overall health, effectively giving you lower maximum health from the start of the game.

Currently the only things that make Wes a challenge character is he Can’t Read signs which is more of an annoyance to other players then it is a hardmode thing for Wes.

He doesn’t hear Hound Wave Attack’s and Provide hints to Incoming attacks.

And he eats more food then a Winona player who’s constantly crafting axes & pickaxes.

Wormwood and Warly are Much MUCH harder to play as then Wes..... and they both have cool unique interesting perks that make them *gasp* dare I say FUN to play?

It’s clear that Wes is in heavy need of a Rework, the problem is no one seems to be able to come to an agreement on exactly HOW he should be Reworked.

If your only factoring Lower over all health, No Audio Cues, Fast Hunger and faster Sanity drain.. all of that can just as easily be actual gameplay toggles rather then continuing to keep Wes be boring & Uninteresting.

I vote Wes should have Mime stuff. What is Mime stuff? IDK.. but I’m sure Klei will come up with something good.

55 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

-snip-

Weren't you the one who suggested that there be a sort of hard mode allowed for any playable character? I think that's a pretty good idea, actually.
Some sort of Wrath of the Mime hardmode, where your character has Wes' stats and penalties. Minus the balloons, though. If they try to talk they'll frantically point at random objects.
The only thing though is how it could be implemented. I think the owner of the server should have a definite say in whether people should be allowed to use it. Maybe some settings like Owner Only, Admins Only, Owner Approval, and Anyone
And maybe a way in-game to add/remove the mode, so that people who aren't feeling it can live comfortably, and people who want more challenge can transition into it.

37 minutes ago, bitcrushed_rage said:

Weren't you the one who suggested that there be a sort of hard mode allowed for any playable character? I think that's a pretty good idea, actually.
Some sort of Wrath of the Mime hardmode, where your character has Wes' stats and penalties. Minus the balloons, though. If they try to talk they'll frantically point at random objects.
The only thing though is how it could be implemented. I think the owner of the server should have a definite say in whether people should be allowed to use it. Maybe some settings like Owner Only, Admins Only, Owner Approval, and Anyone
And maybe a way in-game to add/remove the mode, so that people who aren't feeling it can live comfortably, and people who want more challenge can transition into it.

Yes I was.. but I was thinking of something more along the lines of Personal preference, under Options settings, not world gen Settings..

if you want to join a game and only ever spawn with 45 total full health points that’s something you should be able to do.

(you can totally spawn into the game with Reduced maximum health in the Mobile version of Single Player DS.. so why not DST?..)

It allows Wes himself to stop being so dang boring, and opens him up to become just as fun and unique to play as as the rest of the games character cast.

I want a way for Casual gamers to play and enjoy the game right beside Hardcore gamers, without either fanbase feeling like the game is too easy or too hard.

This game is about playing TOGETHER... so I would love to see more flexibility in that.

I can host game saves in games like Minecraft and 7days to Die where once I die my entire inventory is deleted.. where as someone who isn’t into that type of punishment can still Respawn at a nearby Bed and go recover their own dropped Belongings.

Stuff like THATS what I want to see, Not using game characters themselves as a Difficulty slider option.

didn't we just have a thread about this? 

Anyways, I speculate that this will be the rework order, based on who "needs it" the most.

1. Webber (has absolutely nothing going for him past mid game, is obsolete in relation to newer characters and reworks)
2. Maxwell (Has so much potential at being a magic-oriented character, but as of now he's not that fun and is overshadowed by Woodie (who can not only do his job better with beaver and honey crystals, but can do stuff beyond that too))
3. WX (Wilson reskin)
4. Wolfgang (Very straightforward and bland playstyle, downside may as well not exist)
5. Wickerbottom (Books can just break the game's balance with it's farming potential. They're, however, not the most fun things in the world to use)
6. Wigfrid (Is actually better off than other non-reworked characters, so she doesn't *need* a rework before the others have theirs first.)
7. Wes (He's meant to be the challenge character, so characters that *cough* actually matter get more priority. Plus, the wes playerbase is itty bitty anyways.)
8. Wilson (He's the starter, master-of-none character. It would also make thematic sense if it all ended with Wilson.)

40 minutes ago, Canis said:

3. WX (Wilson reskin)
4. Wolfgang (Very straightforward and bland playstyle, downside may as well not exist)
5. Wickerbottom (Books can just break the game's balance with it's farming potential. They're, however, not the most fun things in the world to use)

Those should be before Maxwell. Wigfrid should be before these three. The devs sound a tad worried about these three and I trust their concern.

I have started to play strictly only as already Reworked characters (mostly) that way I don’t get use to how a character USED to play and then them change them completely like With Woodie later.

Im not saying that Woodies changes are BAD, I’m just saying that no one who played woodie before DST expected him to turn into a Moose or Goose.

I do play the non-Reworked characters from time to time... but Certainly no-where near as much as the ones who have already seen their Tender Love & Care Update.

When I suggest any content in a character Rework, I first play them a little and see how they play now, and THEN I go lore diving, looking at Loading Screens, Vignettes, Profile Icons, Klei Official Artwork etc...

What they’re doing, What they’re holding, the scenery Klei choose to draw them in.. Because THAT information is how Klei envisioned them being in the FIRST place.

Case in point- Wendy was often seen sitting on Tombstones, plucking flowers and taking casual strolls through the creepiest of places, When Maxwell does his shadow puppets in a campfire at Hallowed Nights, While Everyone else cowards in fear WENDY looks highly unamused and Unbothered by it.

So for Wendy NOT to have gotten more Interaction with Ghosts & Graveyards would’ve been an Injustice to all the Klei Official Art & Lore that surrounds her.

When it comes to Wolfgang we often see him holding a Dumbbell working out, or Cowering in fear from Scary stuff.

Yet CURRENTLY he only eats a food, gets a full belly and becomes OP..

So based off all his Klei Official Art & Lore How do you guys feel a Wolfgang Rework should be?

I think wolfgang is tied to wigfrid rework, both have almost a identical dps identity but fit different roles in a team, that could be refined more to the point of being opposites. 
If wigfrid got some form of parry defense or buff utility, wolfgang could get a counter attack or additional click move for a stronger attack.
( it's already hard to rework something perfect and it comes to , give more or take away )
qol changes like movespeed to wimpy , moving statues fast as mighty ... its difficult to imagine . 

10 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

There’s a huge difference between “Hardmode” and “Boring”

In the mobile version of DS you can set your server up so that it spawns you into the game with already reduced overall health, effectively giving you lower maximum health from the start of the game.

Currently the only things that make Wes a challenge character is he Can’t Read signs which is more of an annoyance to other players then it is a hardmode thing for Wes.

He doesn’t hear Hound Wave Attack’s and Provide hints to Incoming attacks.

And he eats more food then a Winona player who’s constantly crafting axes & pickaxes.

Wormwood and Warly are Much MUCH harder to play as then Wes..... and they both have cool unique interesting perks that make them *gasp* dare I say FUN to play?

It’s clear that Wes is in heavy need of a Rework, the problem is no one seems to be able to come to an agreement on exactly HOW he should be Reworked.

If your only factoring Lower over all health, No Audio Cues, Fast Hunger and faster Sanity drain.. all of that can just as easily be actual gameplay toggles rather then continuing to keep Wes be boring & Uninteresting.

I vote Wes should have Mime stuff. What is Mime stuff? IDK.. but I’m sure Klei will come up with something good.

maybe its boring for you but for me its exciting having less damage and more sanity drain when i fight bosses and hounds atacks (which he can already hear, idk why you said the opposite)

i would like his stats and perks like it is maybe just adding fun stuff to ballonmancy

and klei should put it as unlockeable character after some point of the game to prevent noob people picking him if that its the problem in pubs (idk this game has a lot of solo players fan base)

Obviously Webber Wolfgang and WX deserve a rework first, but I also really want to see what they do for Wicker...

Birds of the World is largely useless.

Applied Horticulture is overpowered.

The End is Nigh is either pretty useless or overpowered with WX.

On Tentacles... is okay, maybe needs a nerf, but it feels kinda stale..

(Sleepytime Stories is good, its a panflute that takes longer to use).

Instead of any sort of smooth progression of power and interest she just shoots into the overpowered tier the moment she acquires one of her OP books. I feel like there's a lot of ways to add unique functionality to her books, but using the classic "magic comes at a cost" philosophy stuff.

I think klei needs to stop reworking every character just because they can, most of the characters are fine how they are and reworks like Woody were unnecessary and reworks like Winona were done really terribly. Also I don't think every character should get there own unique crafting tab which seems to be a common thing in the reworks recently.

I have an idea for an item that could be included in a potential webber rework, in DS hamlet there's like a "disguise" mask to fool pigs, so they don't attack him. I believe that this item should be added in DST as well, but they should make it have a durability of course. They could also add a similar item for bunnymen encounters too.. 

18 minutes ago, Charlie Dark said:

I have an idea for an item that could be included in a potential webber rework, in DS hamlet there's like a "disguise" mask to fool pigs, so they don't attack him. I believe that this item should be added in DST as well, but they should make it have a durability of course. They could also add a similar item for bunnymen encounters too.. 

then why should be a "hated by pigs" downside? they made it in hamlet for obvious reasons and for wurt to make her more worthplay in team and not only for solo players

31 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

then why should be a "hated by pigs" downside? they made it in hamlet for obvious reasons and for wurt to make her more worthplay in team and not only for solo players

Hmm.. Then the mask should only have enough durability to last for 3 days, and webber shouldn't be able to befriend them or trade with the king. But for real, it would be a great item if it was added because then webber could team better with human characters 

1 minute ago, Charlie Dark said:

Hmm.. Then the mask should only have enough durability to last for 3 days, and webber shouldn't be able to befriend them or trade with the king. But for real, it would be a great item if it was added because then webber could team better with human characters 

just make the pig village more far, i dont see the problem. Meanwhile others chop with pigs weeber can farm web and meat

1 hour ago, G-Forces said:

I think klei needs to stop reworking every character just because they can, most of the characters are fine how they are and reworks like Woody were unnecessary and reworks like Winona were done really terribly. Also I don't think every character should get there own unique crafting tab which seems to be a common thing in the reworks recently.

They started with the characters that were just flat out bad or outclassed by another character. Have you seen pre-rework Woodie and Winona? While I admit, Winona needs tweaking since all her upsides remain active if the player switches to someone else, she is still a lot more interesting of a character to play than just Wilson with duct tape. Woodie was just terrible since Maxwell existed and could still collect rocks and stumps/graves in addition to doing Woodies job better than Woodie. These characters needed drastic changes to how they fundamentally work in order to make them worth playing. I think once they finish doing those characters and move onto characters that are actually good at what they do, they won't change them as much.

Archived