What character do you think should be reworked next?

Which character should be reworked next?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Which character do you think should be reworked next and could benefit alot from it?

• Wilson
    • Wolfgang
    • Wx-78
    • Wickerbottom
    • Wes
    • Maxwell
    • Wigfrid
    • Webber

I think it's enough of Wes being the hardcore character, in a multiplayer game it should have something to help another player, whatever they can have in mind I will accept it, even I want Wes to still have those bad stats, but please make him something to contribute, or give him a good ability for teamwork, I don't want Wes to be buffed as base, as I think it should have the hardcore thing if you're playing DST Alone, I want him to have better performance if there's playeys, or players getting better performance if he's there.

Also yeah Webber could use some few tweaks, for start, how befriending spiders works, I don't think spiders should have a transformation or buff like Woodie or Abby has, but I Webber should have better management with spiders, and give the ability to look for spiders without needing to aggro them in day, and give him the ability to create cave spiders nests.

So basically to become Wes you start the game with low health, you have zero Audio Cues to help warn you of incoming Hound attacks, Your Hunger & Sanity drain 25% Faster, Your Skill perk is a Useless pile of Balloons that do nothing but drain Sanity and.... that’s it right?

Features that just as well belong in an Options menu rather then being tied down to a single character.

DST is a Multiplayer game.. make Wes Useful or he will always be kicked from Servers.

Where I’m at right now with Wendy- It’s either Wendy stays at low HP or Abigail stays weaker then she should be.

Wes never had to run around on the brink of Death to be useful... 

7 hours ago, Dr. Safety said:

They started with the characters that were just flat out bad or outclassed by another character. Have you seen pre-rework Woodie and Winona? While I admit, Winona needs tweaking since all her upsides remain active if the player switches to someone else, she is still a lot more interesting of a character to play than just Wilson with duct tape. Woodie was just terrible since Maxwell existed and could still collect rocks and stumps/graves in addition to doing Woodies job better than Woodie. These characters needed drastic changes to how they fundamentally work in order to make them worth playing. I think once they finish doing those characters and move onto characters that are actually good at what they do, they won't change them as much.

but werebeaver with honey crystals is great!

I kinda hope they save Wes and Wilson’s Reworks for last- Why???

Because once everyone else in the entire game has fun new abilities that make them all each unique and Interesting to play as- The people who are heart strong set on wanting Wilson and Wes to remain pretty much the same way they are now, will see how unfun that they actually are and they too will want to see them Reworked to join the rest of the cast.

And also because Wes and Wilson are like sort of like a blank canvas  at the Moment- Without any set in stone gameplay direction or personalities... 

So I’m curious to see What Klei will do with them in the end.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

I kinda hope they save Wes and Wilson’s Reworks for last- Why???

Because once everyone else in the entire game has fun new abilities that make them all each unique and Interesting to play as- The people who are heart strong set on wanting Wilson and Wes to remain pretty much the same way they are now, will see how unfun that they actually are and they too will want to see them Reworked to join the rest of the cast.

And also because Wes and Wilson are like sort of like a blank canvas  at the Moment- Without any set in stone gameplay direction or personalities... 

So I’m curious to see What Klei will do with them in the end.

I think you are right when you say that Wilson will be last, but I think the rework before him will be Maxwell for no other reason than lore. I have no doubt that they will both have a cinematic that is really important to the lore since we know their backstory, we know how they both got to the constant, and we know where (at least Maxwell) got his powers. Their cinematic are going to be some BIG reveals so they are likely going to be last.

Of course, that being said, I 100% agree that Wilson and Wes are just boring characters to play as. Wilson's rework should keep him simple so that new players don't have to deal with any gimmicks. There's a difference between simple and boring though. He's a scientist for Gnaw's sake. He should do more than just grow facial hair.

1 minute ago, Dr. Safety said:

I think you are right when you say that Wilson will be last, but I think the rework before him will be Maxwell for no other reason than lore

Yeah, that's what I'm assuming too. Klei seems to be overwhelmed with the big three as well from what Joew said, so I'm guessing Wigfrid and Wes's reworks will come soon.

Archived