• Work To Be Done (new)
    • Working Through Winter
    • Spring Cleaning
    • Summer Jobs
    • Cave Work
    • Working For The Ruins
    • Lunar Island Work Theme
    • Mr pollmaker, you forgot my theme! >:(

Is Lunar Island work theme "RoT Work" by chance? I actually quite liked the track, but I almost never hear it anymore. Did it eventually become the Lunar Island theme?

Also, on the subject of music, I would love more songs in the same style as "Creepy Forest"! This creepy style of ambiance and music is very endearing and really encapsulates Don't Starve's atmosphere. :wilson_love:

It's a tough choice, since all of the themes convey a different feeling suited for that environment (except Lunar Island. What even is Lunar island work music and why does it sound so broken? I can't be the only one who hears Malbatross' theme mixed with it right?). 
So after some thought i went with the Summer work music - it sounds a bit more upbeat than the other seasonal tracks, but still says "you're in for a hard time!"

Oh my god, I felt so out of place and confused from this post. From the moment I started playing dst til this day I never heard any of the theme songs except for the main menu one, I always find really annoying music over gameplay. I turn off everything, no exceptions.

I'm listening to all the songs on a youtube playlist. Now I'm mad I never heard Working the Ruins before, currently my favorite.

31 minutes ago, GetRektKids said:

My Favorite <3

------

Ragtime?

Christmas Carol? 

Come on mannn!

To this and everyone wondering why the rest f the themes arent around:

I'll be releasing more polls sequentially over the next few days to cover the rest of the themes. This is because I have tried and failed to fit everything onto one poll and failed due to poll limits.

I'm also thinking of compiling all the poll results into one thread.

7 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

so, he is being blasphemous for do a blasphemy? my english sucks

If you are curious, (I hate grammar nazis, but here I am :( )

But yes, if you want here is how. 

That action is so Blasphemous.

That person is so Blasphemous. 

Absolute Blasphemy!

If you are referring to an action it will most likely be blasphemous. (Unless you don't want it to)

If you are referring to a person, it will most likely be blasphemy (Unless you don't want it to) 

Example:

Wes is amazing

Response:

That is filled with so much Blasphemy!

You are filled with so much Blasphemy!

--------------------------

Edit: He is being so blasphemous, he is filled with absolute blasphemy. I'm so blasephied at his blasphemy that I am blasphemous

@ArubaroBeefalo

1 minute ago, GetRektKids said:

If you are curious, (I hate grammar nazis, but here I am :( )

But yes, if you want here is how. 

That action is so Blasphemous.

That person is so Blasphemous. 

Absolute Blasphemy!

If you are referring to an action it will most likely be blasphemous. (Unless you don't want it to)

If you are referring to a person, it will most likely be blasphemy (Unless you don't want it to) 

Example:

Wes is amazing

Response:

That is filled with so much Blasphemy!

You are filled with so much Blasphemy!

i dont take your comment as nazi xD i want to improve my english so thanks a lot!

Summer Jobs is my favorite. Not only in all of the work themes, but in the entire OST. It's has the energy of spring but with a lot more oomph and meaning to it. Working in summer is pretty much the only time in the game ever that I groove to the song playing.

If you also pay attention to the instruments, you can hear a xylophone. I always imagine the sounds of that emanating from a charred skeleton, because Summer.

14 hours ago, Axelocke said:

Also, on the subject of music, I would love more songs in the same style as "Creepy Forest"! This creepy style of ambiance and music is very endearing and really encapsulates Don't Starve's atmosphere. :wilson_love:

Yeah. It's a shame that Klei is moving away from simple yet creepy ambiance-like songs. 

I swear "Creepy Forest" and the singleplayer theme are my go-to songs whenever I think about ds/t 

3 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

Summer jobs, no doubt. Tightly followed by Work the Ruins.

This! But I also like Working Through Winter because it sounds melancholic and sad, but in a beautiful way. It's only a bit too short, so it feels a little too repetitive (but days in winter are short anway).

It's interesting Spring Cleaning is the people's favorite, but my least favorite. To me it sounds a bit too obtrusive, I don't like the melody in the first half.

14 hours ago, Axelocke said:

For me the song would fit into sailing on rough sea.

Archived