[Game Update] - 395929

• Developer

Hey everyone, thanks for all the feedback so far! We know that automation is a pretty passionate subject in this game. We're adding a reset port to the counter, and we're hoping to get the Conveyor sensors done before this Pack leaves testing.

It's very helpful when you can describe what you're trying to accomplish when you request a change or addition. There are many many subtleties and interpretations of how a particular building should work and what makes it useful or not, so we need to make sure that we're actually addressing your need and not misunderstanding. We appreciate the time you spend on this feedback!

• Fixed crash caused by Sweepy exploding while being rescued on a ladder
  • Timer Sensor sidescreen in Seconds mode now displays time elapsed/remaining up to 1 decimal point.
  • Added a Reset automation port to the Counter. (It's now sized 1x3)
  • Counter now displays right-side-up even when up-side-down
  • Fix Ribbon Reader symbol tinting
  • Fix Sweepy audio error
  • Added more Sweepy audio
  • Sweepy no longer reacts positively to duplicant corpses
  • Sweepy explosion tuning
  • Ribbon Reader final art pass
  • Counter is now in the Logic Gate layer, and can be placed behind tiles.
  • Fixed some crashes related to Sweepys that had no base stations
  • Fixed crash relating to sweepy delivering to a full base station
  • Sweepy will trigger weight plates.
  • Sweepy station meter updates when things are delivered/removed
  • Sweepys will bump into each other and change directions
  • Sweepy will be automatically destroyed in their base station is destroyed
  • Sweepy will automatically turn around if it gets out of range of base station (32 tiles)
  • Update Chinese strings
  • Updating Signal Splitter to final art
  • Fix Vent closed bugs
  • Fixed Hammer description
  • Automated Notifier sidescreen notification and tooltip entry fields now do not wordwrap and have longer allowable string lengths
  • Automated Notifier shows default strings correctly when selecting a new Automated Notifier
  • Pixel Pack sidescreen color swatch now highlights what colors are used by the selected Pixel Pack
  • Pixel Pack now updates its screens when copy Green State <-> Red State or swapping
  • Sweepy's ornament properly tracks its animation
  • Add a "Swap Colors" button to the Pixel Pack sidescreen.
  • Pixel Pack animates while turning on / off.
  • Pixel Pack has animation state for "off" now, which doesn't display the selected colours
  • Player controlled switch sidescreen now animates in both directions
  • Remove decrement ability from Counter to simplify operation
  • Counter sidescreen now correctly represents the selected counter's actual settings when selecting a new counter
  • Counter animation updates when pressing the Reset button.
  • Toned down the screen glow effect on the Pixel Pack
  • Reduce memory allocations from testing the areas around buildings and other objects
  • Load optimization saves 10-15% of load time

View full update

• Like 13
  • Thanks 10

16 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

we're hoping to get the Conveyor sensors done before this Pack leaves testing

Oh my God! It's happening! Everybody stay calm!

Thanks a lot, crossing fingers you guys can make it! In my opinion it is fine if we wait a little longer for the pack only to include those sensors.

By the way - do existing logic gates work with ribbons performing their operation for each of the ribbons' bits? like (a, b, c, d) + (A, B, C, D) = (a+A, b+B, c+C, d+D) where + is any of existing logic operators. I believe they should, would be nice, but I see no problem if they don't. But I need to know to sleep peacefully

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SackMaggie said:

@Saturnus Here's what you asked for right?

And this

16 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

...and we're hoping to get the Conveyor sensors done before this Pack leaves testing.

With a reset to the counter the same to the so-called "timer" is not as important. Most will probably prefer to use the filter or buffer gate plus not gate oscillator as before instead of the timer because it has inherent reset (by simply holding the not gate input (or output) high, and it's on the automation layer so doesn't use any building space. That's not to say that the timer will be completely useless as there are definitely still a few edge cases where it can replace the clock sensor. But without a reset the timer will not replace a good old oscillator set up for almost anything, so basically it's just another mostly useless building.

Can we get an automation input on the liquid/gas reservoirs to control material output? Currently, the best way of controlling this is to build the reservoir on top of an automated door. It would be so much cleaner and nicer and more intuitive if the reservoir just had its own logic input to enable/disable its output.

32 minutes ago, SackMaggie said:

I used to lock the door when liquid almost overflow,But now I was just ignore it :D.

I usually use a 2 door system. One for exit only, and the other for entry if liquid sensor allowes it. But its a waste of space. It would be much better if the bottle emptier would just refuse bottles via automation.

5 hours ago, pether said:

Oh my God! It's happening! Everybody stay calm!

Thanks a lot, crossing fingers you guys can make it! In my opinion it is fine if we wait a little longer for the pack only to include those sensors.

By the way - do existing logic gates work with ribbons performing their operation for each of the ribbons' bits? like (a, b, c, d) + (A, B, C, D) = (a+A, b+B, c+C, d+D) where + is any of existing logic operators. I believe they should, would be nice, but I see no problem if they don't. But I need to know to sleep peacefully

I hope this can be added into the game, too! Logic gate circuits can be made simpler.

• Like 1

@Ipsquiggle

You asked for a practical example. Here's why we need the reset input on the timer as well.

Right now to make a cycle counter with reset we need to make what is in the picture below.
If we had a timer with reset input you could drop the filter gates and not gate making it a lot more compact.

image.png.cfbf69062a1a50f31c6714632bbef012.png

• Thanks 4

9 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

we need the reset input on the timer as well

I agree.

Current design of time sensor is fine for playing around (like making pixel animations) or for designs "build once and forget forever" (like door gas pomps). But adding reset signal would allow to include it into more advanced logic systems. Especialy I can see a case when a system uses two such sensors and for some reason they fall out of sync. In such case hard reset of system's clocks would prove to be quite usefull 

Does anybody miss an (additional) 1x1 version of the Pixel Pack? You could make screens that have a certain shape. And it might help a lot if you just want to build colored background walls with them (idk, Just thinking)

1 hour ago, Gurgel said:

So, how do I get Sweepy to explode?

Deconstruct its dock

Edited by plotmissed
  • Like 1

On 21.02.2020 at 6:50 PM, Ipsquiggle said:

Sweepy no longer reacts positively to duplicant corpses

9 hours ago, meepmoop said:

someone forgot the first rule of robotics

Hey! The first law was never broken! Sweepy have never killed anyone nor his inaction never caused death. Leave him alone! And let him enjoy little things, you never know when the next corpse will appear before little lawfull robot

• Haha 4

On 2/21/2020 at 6:23 PM, Slvrsrfr said:

when will the next seed geyser reroll happen?

It's probably not going to happen for this pack, everything being added is building based, so can be easily retroactively patched in without too much destruction to your save.

Although to answer your question, the next geyser reroll is probably going to be happening Summer/Fall of this year, with the testing/release of the DLC:

On 2/13/2020 at 3:08 PM, Ipsquiggle said:

This DLC is going to be quite sizable, including new game systems and many refinements on the base game.

On 2/21/2020 at 1:50 PM, Ipsquiggle said:

It's very helpful when you can describe what you're trying to accomplish when you request a change or addition. There are many many subtleties and interpretations of how a particular building should work and what makes it useful or not, so we need to make sure that we're actually addressing your need and not misunderstanding. We appreciate the time you spend on this feedback!

@minespatch I think you're being called out. :wilson_sneaky:

• Haha 1