[POLL] What DS Characters should make it to DST next?

Who should come to DST next?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Who should come to DST next?

Wagstaff is a importamt character in dont starve in general and hes the only rog character not in. But i would prefer totally new characters. And I honestly dont see the appeal of walani. We need more stuff in the waters before they release a character focused on it

I would definitly perfer entirely new characters, But really, I just want Warbucks.

He quickly became my favorite character in DS, and while he would definitly need a rework to avoid becoming Winona 2.0, he's so lore important that I'll be damned if he *isn't* added.

Speaking of the rework, I don't think that would be too hard from a thematic standpoint. Wagstaff has *definitly* been playing with Nightmare fuel sense we last saw him.

Wouldn’t Wagstaff be more fitting as an evil villain then he would as a Playable character though?

I mean I’m pretty sure he IS the reason EVERYONE Including Maxwell got trapped in the Constant in the first place.. So I expect him to probably even be the leader of “Them” by now Mutated by whatever horrors have transformed him.

On 2020-02-04 at 11:14 AM, Seot said:

Wagstaff is a importamt character in dont starve in general and hes the only rog character not in. But i would prefer totally new characters. And I honestly dont see the appeal of walani. We need more stuff in the waters before they release a character focused on it

The reason why people want Walani is because she has the greatest potential (out of the SW crew) to be "refreshed" into something better plus she would be a seafaring type character which we don't have

Wheeler is speedy-range-combat character which is fairly unique to DST her refresh could give her different types of guns to share with other (fireball-gun and water-gun)

Zelda reference aside I don't like Wilba, she mostly tree chopping character which we have (Woodie, Maxwell, Wurt & Bearger)

Wagstaff is important, but I don't see him bringing OP thumpers/particular objects plus his inclusion means mountains of lore (Klei has shown to prefer smaller "tidbits" of lore)

pretty much all Warbucks had was +40 sanity

Wagstaff is pretty much Charlie levels of Lore though.. so they had better do some heavy explaining before just throwing him over into the game.

Pretty sure Every survivor wants to punch him in the face for sending them into the Constant. 

Walani would not be as Lore Heavy.

Wagstaff = Main Evil Boss dude, Walani = Cool chill Surfer Gal.

and THAT is why We Want Her.

6 minutes ago, Hornete said:

What did Wagstaff do.

Only survivors I can see hes responsible for is Winona and Wx-78

According to the Lore, Wagstaff was the first explorer to enter the Constant, everyone else including Maxwell and Charlie were pulled in because of him if I am not mistaken.

Wagstaff Aka The Boss At the Factory Winona worked for (Which Also happens to manufacture the Voxola Music box that sucked Wilson into the world and the one that had Maxwell held captive near at the the end of Solo DS Adventure Mode.)

Defiantly sounding like Main Bad Guy Stuff to me.

19 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Wagstaff is pretty much Charlie levels of Lore though.. so they had better do some heavy explaining before just throwing him over into the game.

Walani would not be as Lore Heavy.

Wagstaff = Main Evil Boss dude, Walani = Cool chill Surfer Gal.

and THAT is why We Want Her.

your missing the point, if there was a 2nd SW character "refreshed" it would be Walani since most people didn't enjoyed her single-player perks

I'm not saying Wagstaff won't join DST, just his abilities (as of now) take away from others - OP thumpers squish other wood-choppers, no particular objects or gold farm, tele-pad would be cool but you'll need a lot of tele-brellas and very short term downsides (power-wise = Wagstaff is basically male Wickerbottom)

as for 2 new characters I'm betting

Waverly im assuming she will be release around early May, why? cuz Wizard of Oz book was release in May 17

Wilton is for late October, why? cuz Halloween and the closest I can play as Jack skeleton

Isn’t Waverly, Wilton and all those other characters player created Mods though?? And are not official Klei Characters.

Unfortunately they only promised 4 new characters and we have 3 of 4 in the game already.

(they may do more in the future if it’s incredibly profitable to them.. but so far only 4 are promised.)

I also feel like DST can be like Minecraft- No no not gameplay wise, I meant in the fact that instead of releasing a Minecraft 2... they continue to update, improve and modify Minecraft itself with enough new content that a Minecraft 2 isn’t really needed.

now that Don’t Starve is a Multiplayer game I say they shouldn’t focus on creating a DST 2.. and should just continue to add more and more new characters, Biomes, skins, craftables and modes to the current DST.

56 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Source?

Founder of Voxala Music box.

the same thing that Maxwell is trapped listening to that you have to turn off to Free him from its Influence and unlock him in Chapter Epilogue Of Single Player DS Adventure Mode.

Also no offense but this sounds like it would set an Xbox, PS4 or Switch on Fire just because of the (Minimum sight distance and blurry/distorted objects) No damn WONDER he never came to Consoles... lmao.

https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Wagstaff

29 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Isn’t Waverly, Wilton and all those other characters player created Mods though?? And are not official Klei Characters.

Nope,they're actually unimplemented characters,just like Wortox,Webber and Wilbur used to be for a long time.

You can check those unimplemented characters here: https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Unimplemented_Characters

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

According to the Lore, Wagstaff was the first explorer to enter the Constant, everyone else including Maxwell and Charlie were pulled in because of him if I am not mistaken.

25 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Founder of Voxala Music box.

the same thing that Maxwell is trapped listening to that you have to turn off to Free him from its Influence and unlock him in Chapter Epilogue Of Single Player DS Adventure Mode.

It proves nothing. In the game Wagstaff appears in Maxwell-ruled world like other characters. If he trapped in the Constant before Maxwell why Wagstaff sees Maxwell's creatures and even wants to have a talk with him (quote on Maxwell Statue)?

Some selected sections from the lore Wiki. Source at the bottom.

On September 25, 2014, Klei developer Kevin Forbes[1] posted a rough canonical timeline for Don't Starve. This page will incorporate this, however as it has been many years since this post, its accuracy can be questioned. For instance, this post was written before the reveal of Shipwrecked.

April 17, 1906: The night before Maxwell and Charlie's last show, Charlie visits Maxwell's apartment. She finds his hidden room behind the fireplace. As she takes a look at his book, shadowy hands appear in the other room. They are vanquished by Maxwell who magically manifests from a photograph on the wall. Charlie uses his lantern to look at the walls of his secret room, where Maxwell has scribbled troubling words and strange symbols. Distressed by what she sees, she runs out of the apartment with his outfit. She leaves a letter revealing that he had been out of contact with her for days.[8]

• That night, Maxwell and Charlie perform their final act. Maxwell attempts to pull shadows from the book, but they try to pull him in. Multiple shadow hands emerge from the book, grabbing Maxwell and Charlie.[9]
  • A Shadow Watcher stands in the ruined remains of Maxwell's apartment.[8]
  • Maxwell takes the Nightmare Throne becoming the "king" of The Constant, bending it to his will and creating many creatures to inhabit it. Charlie becomes the Night Monster.

1919: The Voxola PR-76 radio is manufactured in Sidney, Ohio. The factory is destroyed in a fire days after production. Only a few radios remain, one being in the possession of Wilson. The founder of Voxola, Robert Wagstaff, went missing the same night as the fire.

Source: https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Story_Line

If this is still accurate, Maxwell was in the Constant 13 years before the construction of the Voxola Radio and before Wagstaff was seemingly transported there.

Well, I don't care if it's a cliche at this point, I'm gonna go with Walani. She's my damn avatar (because it's a female character from the DS universe that I like but there aren't many avatars of), I've played as her quite a bit in DST with a mod, she's the character I had the longest/most fun run in the "March of Civilization Challenge" with...

Yeah.

(Also, i did put Warbucks into my "Starving Games" thingie, so he's not removed there.  But he got pushed off a cliff by Antlion.  XD)

As for Witherbloom...I'm intrigued at the "steal your farm" thing.  Not the crops IN the farm. The FARM. How does that work?  : P  (See GetNerfedOn's thread about an A.I. writing the next roadmap if you have no clue what we're on about.  Hee.)

...Notorious

5 hours ago, Dunk Mujunk said:

Some selected sections from the lore Wiki. Source at the bottom.

On September 25, 2014, Klei developer Kevin Forbes[1] posted a rough canonical timeline for Don't Starve. This page will incorporate this, however as it has been many years since this post, its accuracy can be questioned. For instance, this post was written before the reveal of Shipwrecked.

April 17, 1906: The night before Maxwell and Charlie's last show, Charlie visits Maxwell's apartment. She finds his hidden room behind the fireplace. As she takes a look at his book, shadowy hands appear in the other room. They are vanquished by Maxwell who magically manifests from a photograph on the wall. Charlie uses his lantern to look at the walls of his secret room, where Maxwell has scribbled troubling words and strange symbols. Distressed by what she sees, she runs out of the apartment with his outfit. She leaves a letter revealing that he had been out of contact with her for days.[8]

• That night, Maxwell and Charlie perform their final act. Maxwell attempts to pull shadows from the book, but they try to pull him in. Multiple shadow hands emerge from the book, grabbing Maxwell and Charlie.[9]
  • A Shadow Watcher stands in the ruined remains of Maxwell's apartment.[8]
  • Maxwell takes the Nightmare Throne becoming the "king" of The Constant, bending it to his will and creating many creatures to inhabit it. Charlie becomes the Night Monster.

1919: The Voxola PR-76 radio is manufactured in Sidney, Ohio. The factory is destroyed in a fire days after production. Only a few radios remain, one being in the possession of Wilson. The founder of Voxola, Robert Wagstaff, went missing the same night as the fire.

Source: https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Story_Line

If this is still accurate, Maxwell was in the Constant 13 years before the construction of the Voxola Radio and before Wagstaff was seemingly transported there.

Then please explain how Wagstaff is already in the constant (in Hologram form) Prior to actually being sucked in with Winona for Reals. AND How Maxwell is sitting on the Nightmare Throne being Manipulated by a Voxala Music Box Until You (the Player) but in Lore Wilson.. Turns said Music box off & free’s Maxwell. Which then Immediately after Maxwell is free’d it snags Wilson and captures Him.

Wilson remains stuck on the Throne Until Charlie who is NOT A Monster Until she actually Free’s him from the Chair. At that Point Charlie then starts going through this Bi-Polar morphing phase of wanting to “Hurt” or “Help” poor Wilson, She wanders around morphing the environment between rather it should be “pretty” or “spooky” before finally both of her forms merge as one and she takes her place as “Queen Of the Nightmare Throne.”

Wagstaff May not have arrived in the constant In Real Time before Maxwell, but his Hologram, and Voxola Machines were seemingly already there.. so explain that.

Archived