[POLL] What DS Characters should make it to DST next?

Who should come to DST next?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Who should come to DST next?

If I absolutely had to choose, it'd either be Walani or Wheeler.Ā Simply because I see Wagstaff more as an implied antagonist(??), Woodlegs as a destructive senile (at least the way I play him lol) pirate from the tropics (also home to Wilbur), and Wilba- well, Wilba would actually be fun- and it would fit her "Royal Adventurer" theme if she were to explore beneath the skies and end up in the constant.

In the sense of co-operation/lore building, I'd choose Walani, I'd simply love to learn more about her backstory as an implied pirate/crew member(?) andĀ how she was possibly separated from her crew. Her cinematic could show off some tragic attack in the night onboard where her crewmates are being flung off the boat by crashing waves and something in the sea, and possibly how her surfboard ended up with that bite in it.

I'm already imagining the end card for the animation showing Walani calmly floating on her surfboard, kinda like this?:

image.png.7fd3268e259ee4c804cf6348497cdcb7.png

I had a pleasant chat a while back with Canis, talking about potential perks/downsides her refresh could come with, a quick example of one the ideas weĀ had was a "hammock" that she alone could craft, provided two trees are nearby, and could act like an improved tent with increased hunger drain(?), something to do with laziness, at least.

oh yeah also honestly i have reasons for wanting all characters... silly reasons though

Walani- epic surfer girl and i think she's just cool and could probably be helpful for surfing out to da moon island

Woodlegs-pirates are cool and he could be good for fighting seabird boss???? yarr

Wilbur- funny monkey

Wilba- i just like the pig people... plus wurt and wilba interacting... i feel like wilba wouldnt hate wurt though that doesn't seem very wilba-like..wurt would hate wilba though

Wheeler- slip n slide dash dodge fun times...also she could make airhorn guns for da team and that would be funny

Wagstaff- funny old man with cool inventions is very epic, and silly, plus then i could finally hear maxwell's thoughts on him

Ā 

I still prefer getting new characters than just ports. Wormwood was a letdown to hear he was taking up a DLC character slot for me, especially since Warly wasn't.

I also don't actuallyĀ likeĀ most of the base game's yet-to-be-added-to-dst characters.

36 minutes ago, CactusCompanion said:

Wilba- i just like the pig people... plus wurt and wilba interacting... i feel like wilba wouldnt hate wurt though that doesn't seem very wilba-like..wurt would hate wilba though

I just like to believe Wilba doesn't even know that pigs and merms are supposed to be enemies haha

image.png.e636763e86835a3a8d62593ab67f51da.pngimage.png.6ab6abb240179fa9ca06746a9a6307e3.pngimage.png.87bdb65440ceafdcb9a1e7b04d3a84e9.pngimage.thumb.png.7e27b4322021cffd9fc3016e1416e236.png

I voted Walani for selfish reasons, but I feel like everyone (including myself) isĀ sleeping on Wilbur. Wilbur in DS is... a character nobody plays. Or, well, there are definitely people that play him, but it's incredibly rare that I see anyone with a long term Wilbur world. Imagine if Klei gave him the Woodie treatment, taking the very basic idea of "monkey who's usually slow but can run + can throw poop" and then molding it into something fun and exciting to play as.

6 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

I voted Walani for selfish reasons, but I feel like everyone (including myself) isĀ sleeping on Wilbur. Wilbur in DS is... a character nobody plays. Or, well, there are definitely people that play him, but it's incredibly rare that I see anyone with a long term Wilbur world. Imagine if Klei gave him the Woodie treatment, taking the very basic idea of "monkey who's usually slow but can run + can throw poop" and then molding it into something fun and exciting to play as.

I respect Wilbur but I don't like potty humour enough to play him for very long. I prefer to involve myself as little as possible with poop.

I voted Walani, because Walani and Woodlegs are the Shipwrecked characters with actual ocean-focused abilities, whereas Wilbur's included in that expansion pack because of the monkeys rather than because he has specifically nautical talents.

You know even though the odds of it happening are kinda highly Unlikely, I kinda wanted to play as the Inn Keep Guy, The Grandma Goat from the Gorge, Rock Lobsters down in CavesĀ And Charlie Herself..

Hopefully Klei realizes that more playable characters = More Skins they can create for them and in turn, make more $$$$, Because I would willingly pay for just The Above as its own 20$ DLC pack.

Archived