Deerclops is a she?

Yeah, long ago on Stream it was said all Giants, 'cept FW, Toadstool, and Klaus I recall were female.

If you don't want to believe that, you can just say there's more than 1 Giant. Some Survivors say Deerclops is male, some say female. (Wurt)
All in all, your pick, doesn't affect the game much I dare say.

18 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

That guy's moans are so deep 14 year olds are quoting them in their facebook profile pics 

...but... Deerclops is an animal. Not only are you pushing dumb gender stereotypes (deep voice doesn't automatically mean male), but you're pushing them on an animal. That's just silly, especially when the game itself now has mention of Deerclops being female, rather than just characters/devs saying it. I'll never understand why these kind of threads always go farther than "these are the pronouns that are being consistently used now, the end."

1 hour ago, -Variant said:

Yeah, long ago on Stream it was said all Giants, 'cept FW, Toadstool, and Klaus I recall were female.

If you don't want to believe that, you can just say there's more than 1 Giant. Some Survivors say Deerclops is male, some say female. (Wurt)
All in all, your pick, doesn't affect the game much I dare say.

Fuelweaver and Klaus I understand, but I wonder why Toadstool's an exception.

Actually Wurt was the first character to mention deerclops is female in the quote "She not look happy, Florp", but still wolfgang and webber reference deerclops as a he? So I don't really understand the point of changing it's gender from he to she or being something in between, otherwise to rattle some cages. At this point I don't care about deerclop's gender as that is kinda silly, I want to know what it is and why it is so mysterious compared to all other giants.

53 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

...but... Deerclops is an animal. Not only are you pushing dumb gender stereotypes (deep voice doesn't automatically mean male), but you're pushing them on an animal. That's just silly, especially when the game itself now has mention of Deerclops being female, rather than just characters/devs saying it. I'll never understand why these kind of threads always go farther than "these are the pronouns that are being consistently used now, the end."

you got Whooshed, Skye

23 minutes ago, Pumkingthegreat said:

it is so mysterious compared to all other giants.

what about them makes them more mysterious compared to the others?

Tbh, I personally don't think it matters because it's not really relevant to anything in the game; not unless we start trying to get into some kinky monster stuff. They're monsters, and I really don't like thinking about whether or not they have a "Hoo-Haw" or a "Pee-Paw" when I fight them. You guys ever hear that joke about monsters?

Dracula: "Son, it's time we have 'the talk'."

Son: "The talk?"

Dracula: "Indeed. You see, when two monsters like one another-"

Son: "They do the mash."

*Dracula knods*

Dracula: "They do the monster mash."

1 hour ago, Sunset Skye said:

Not only are you pushing dumb gender stereotypes (deep voice doesn't automatically mean male), but you're pushing them on an animal. 

Well go figure, human brains evolved the ability to assume so that we can assume stuff.

I aknowledged that Deerclops is canonicaly a she but don't expect me to remember that in any future posts.

If deerclops is a she then what would a male deerclops even look like. If they reproduce asexually, then even giving them a gender wouldn't be based on any biological reason then, would it? (Because they typically have both in those scenarios or follow a completely different system, right?)

Not all animals have obvious differences between males and females; some are indistinguishable except for the reproductive anatomy (for instance, dogs and cats), and others are just slightly different sizes rather than having dramatic differences in colour or morphology. As for the voice... dude, female bears have deep voices too. It's an animal.

Maxwell persisting in calling a Deerclops "that guy" when he's the one who made a lot of the stuff in the Constant is the main reason I find it plausible that there's both male and female Deerclopses in the Constant, instead of the species being all-female and reproducing asexually. (It could be that Maxwell's prototype Deerclops was a male but females are much more common or more prone to rampaging through the survivors' campsites, too.) Any given Deerclops could be either, as far as I'm concerned.

2 hours ago, WoodieMain45684 said:

If deerclops is a she then what would a male deerclops even look like. If they reproduce asexually, then even giving them a gender wouldn't be based on any biological reason then, would it? (Because they typically have both in those scenarios or follow a completely different system, right?)

I wonder what a deerclops reproducing looks like.  Maybe they just poop out their eyeball then grow a new one then the eyeball just grows into a new deer.

The devs may have changed their minds at one point and revised history, but the game was made in English and deerclops is the "king" of winter. By English definition that is the "male" ruler. So originally deerclops was a male. 

As far as I am concerned, all characters in-game are just heteronormative ignorants. They should ask all monsters and giants their pronouns before fights; simple mark of respect. You don't know some deerclops might even be trans or non-binary go figure. 

Too far? Alright sorry :apthy:

Archived