Predictions on the last character

(I know there's already been a million of these threads, but whatever)

Alrighty, people. We have one character left to be introduced to DST. Who/what do you guys think it's going to be? Since it's the last character, I'm honestly expecting something big, like maybe Charlie?... but I'd like to see the story of DST move forward and evolve before anything like that happens.

Also, is nothing going to happen with that detective board thing at the beginning of Winona's short?? Someone's investigating all of the missing characters, and I doubt the person who made that board is any of the current characters, because (so far) they all seemed to have arrived at the Constant by some sort of accident. Maybe the new character will be the detective person?

Who do you guys want to see as the last character? I'm not talking about what their perks and abilities they would have, I'm just currently interested in who you guys want to see.

7 minutes ago, reverentsatyr said:

Also, is nothing going to happen with that detective board thing at the beginning of Winona's short?? Someone's investigating all of the missing characters, and I doubt the person who made that board is any of the current characters, because (so far) they all seemed to have arrived at the Constant by some sort of accident. Maybe the new character will be the detective person?

That was just Winona, though. She was investigating all of the missing people because they mysteriously disappeared just like Charlie did. There's even a note on the board that says "gain access to voxola", which Winona did while searching for Charlie.

5 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

That was just Winona, though. She was investigating all of the missing people because they mysteriously disappeared just like Charlie did. There's even a note on the board that says "gain access to voxola", which Winona did while searching for Charlie.

And the portal wasn't for winona, she decided to rebuild it by coincidence bringing her here.

Well it seems that new characters originate from constant as to not hide (?) lore behind the pay wall so I don't think we'll see any human from real world.

I could imagine a character based around other humanoids in the Constant. Some examples that I could think of: Pigman, Bunnyman, Goat, Insect (Ancients or Mants).

But who knows, maybe Klei'll suprise us all

9 minutes ago, reverentsatyr said:

We have one character left to be introduced to DST. Who/what do you guys think it's going to be? Since it's the last character, I'm honestly expecting something big, like maybe Charlie?...

I think you're going off wrong here. Firstly, they said their plan for 2019 was to release 4 DLC characters so it's not like they said these would be the last characters in the game, in the 2020 roadmap they may declare they're going to release 6 new DLC characters this year. Secondly, they always reserve the right to release a previously existing character like Walani, Wilbur, Wagstaff, Wilba or Warbucks as a rework, just like they did to Warly, or simply add in through a story progression like Winona (and this is the way I think they'd add Wagstaff or Charlie if they were to add them as playable characters). And finally the DLC characters all tend to be "natural creatures of the constant", in order not to lock a lore character behind paid extension. I'm 99% sure Charlie would never be added as a DLC character, led alone as the promised 4th DLC character, given how all-new DLC characters have been non-human and not from earth. 

I think instead they'll add a new natural creature/mob character, just like Wortox the Imp, Wormwood the Plant and Wurt the Merm. This time I foresee or rather hope for some focus on the caves and perhaps we'll get a Rock Lobster character with rock lobster characteristic, bringing more focus to Rock Lobster mechanics.

Some ideas for a new DLC character I had:

• Guard Pig from The Forge who's capable to perform certain The Forge special moves: A different special attack for (almost) every weapon/tool, does neither gain nor loose sanity from food.
  • Splumonkey who escaped from the ruins, reached the moon and thus became a Moonkey (Not to be confused with a moon key): Similar abilities like Wilbur in DS:SW but also includes some moon based abilities.
  • Rock Lobster who's hungry for Stone Fruits: Can eat minerals to refresh his skin and to improves his defence.
  • Bunnyman who wants to explore the surface: Fears the sunlight (Torches & Lanterns not included) but feels safe in the dark.

Yet it's still not decided/announced which character will hop in next, so we'll need to wait to see who comes next.

If past characters are anything at all to go by... the final character will either be a Bunnyman, a Mactusk, or a Rock Lobster.

Wormwood- Plant Character who tries to befriend plants???

Wilba- Pigmen character, can befriend Pigs.

Webber- Spider Character, Can befriend Spiders and plant Spider Dens.

Wurt- Merm Character, Can befriend Merms and Place Merm Structures.

Wilbur- Splumonkey Character, Can Befriend Other Splumonkies.

What else could possibly be left?

41 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

If past characters are anything at all to go by... the final character will either be a Bunnyman, a Mactusk, or a Rock Lobster.

Wormwood- Plant Character who tries to befriend plants???

Wilba- Pigmen character, can befriend Pigs.

Webber- Spider Character, Can befriend Spiders and plant Spider Dens.

Wurt- Merm Character, Can befriend Merms and Place Merm Structures.

Wilbur- Splumonkey Character, Can Befriend Other Splumonkies.

What else could possibly be left?

Correction: Wilbur is not a splumonkey nor a prime ape. He's a circus monkey from our world judging by Maxwell's quote and his different appearance. I don't mind them adding Wilbur to DST honesty, he fits amongst the other circus folk like Wolfgang.

I could sorta vaguely maybe see Charlie as the last DLC, but only if her "good" persona split off from her dark side. Though I wouldn't imagine they would lock her behind DLC, but Borderlands The Presequel did include "Handsome Jack" as a sort of doppelganger, so who knows. :wilson_curious:

7 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Warbucks as a rework, just like they did to Warly

one day fingers crossed

6 hours ago, trinket_4 said:

Maybe the new DLC character will be a mutated-character from the lunar islands.

Wilton may finally come back to life, and since he was brought back to life on the island, he doesn't get attacked by gesalts or the other mutated mobs

I would love to see Wilton as like a skeleton with crystal / lunar growth as a character

or maybe an ancient tho doubt pay to pay lore

23 hours ago, JustCrimson said:

I still think its gonna be Wagstaff

Dude, Klei said they don't want to put characters with big lore as DLC, all the characters that come to DST as DLC don't have a impact of the main lore on the game, Wagstaff has TONS of lore, like being the creator of the Voxola radio and more, is impossible to Wagstaff to be DLC on DST.

Are we not going to talk about the fact that Axelocke just summoned Handsome Jack into existence?

On 12/3/2019 at 1:33 PM, Axelocke said:

...but Borderlands The Presequel did include "Handsome Jack" as a sort of doppelganger, so who knows. :wilson_curious:

On 12/3/2019 at 3:03 PM, Handsome_Jack said:

The next character won’t be a human because I can see the future

15 hours ago, Ismael Marin said:

Dude, Klei said they don't want to put characters with big lore as DLC, all the characters that come to DST as DLC don't have a impact of the main lore on the game, Wagstaff has TONS of lore, like being the creator of the Voxola radio and more, is impossible to Wagstaff to be DLC on DST.

Wurt has gorge lore, Wormwood sorta has moon lore maybe probably 

43 minutes ago, JustCrimson said:

They have lore that doesn't affect he main story line. Wagstaff on the other hand is packed with lore that could very well change the story of the game

3 hours ago, JustCrimson said:

I said M A I N lore, like with the history of the game, you know Wilson finding Maxwell, Charlie becoming a more controlled version of herself. 

Archived