Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

MaristFernas

What is your weirdest cause of death?

Recommended Posts

Heartbreaking as losing the SW world that i really liked (only in my second year. That is as far as i have ever made it in shipwrecked as i recently started playing this dlc) , I felt I needed to share how it happened. I was exploring in Hurricane season trying to light up the unexplored corner of the map when i saw a cargo boat floating. I thought sweet let me jump onto that! The worst mistake of my life. I got struck by lightning in between jump and simply fall down to drown. The end.

I was not even mad. Just shocked. Wondering if this is intended or whether someone has experienced this before? To pay respect to my favorite SW world, let me know if anyone else have experience weird deaths that get you thinking “What are the chances?”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kuba5565    3,134
1 hour ago, MaristFernas said:

I got struck by lightning

 

1 hour ago, MaristFernas said:

I was not even mad. Just shocked.

Well i heard some people died by rabbit, moles, flints and picking a rose, i don't think something can beat that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Axelocke    3,925

I was thinking of a stylish way to die one time, and I knew just the thing to do.

Spend time gathering manure for an advanced farm, growing a durian with RNG, and eating that bad boy raw for -3 hp. Best death.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Viktor234    3,036
48 minutes ago, Kuba5565 said:

Well i heard some people died by rabbit, moles, flints and picking a rose, i don't think something can beat that.

Death by flower or flint is pretty common, you can do that daily.

Death by Moleworm on the other hand is pretty rare, but I already managed to achieve that once:

image.png

Next on my list are death by Rabbit or by Wee MacTusk. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Canis    11,402

Having a world merged with all three DLCs in Singleplayer. I go from RoG (where my base is) to Hamlet. I go (try) to kill Queen Womant but I didn't prep for her stun mechanics and died. Instead of resurrecting in RoG where I intended to resurrect (Effigy), I instead resurrected in Shipwrecked.

I then proceeded to twiddle my thumbs for 5 thumbs and then got mauled to death by Crocodogs.

Spoiler

This was day ~450 btw

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike23Ua    3,063

Killed by Shenanigans. yes you heard that right... Apparently I Killed myself!

but what actually happened is I was mauled by a pack of Hellhounds and killed while transitioning into a Cave. And when my dead body loaded into the cave I fell over dead to Shenanigans.

Yeah... that sucks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BeeClops    156
6 minutes ago, Slagger said:

how a moleworm or rabbit can kill someone what the heck?

by falling during an earthquake :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mooagain    2,054

One time I was killed in sw by the sealnado while I was in the skyworthy.

The seal came, and I wasn't ready for it. I decided to run for the skyworthy and get my artifact from hamlet. I was in the loading animation, sitting in the skyworthy with no control over my character, when the sealnado, rips me out of the skyworthy and kills me. This is not supposed to be possible. I've been attacked before while in the skyworthy and nothing ever happens. I always come out fine. Luckily, I had a meat effigy in hamlet, so I just resurrected, grabbed the artifact, and went back.

Another one was when I was playing a modded character, I was reorganizing my chests and had a ton of stuff on the floor. A moleworm came over and picked up a stack of gunpowder. I died in one hit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
maradyne    4,957

The other day I was just...walking. Playing Wortox.
And I go to walk along the coastline. Normal thing.
and Wortox just
trips into the ocean and drowns

...the start of my contact with the coastline was an inverse corner, so it kind of makes sense that a weird collision could take place there.
But regardless.
I just...walked into the ocean.

 

It was pretty great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gghhrr    243
8 hours ago, Kuba5565 said:

 

Well i heard some people died by rabbit, moles, flints and picking a rose, i don't think something can beat that.

Also potato

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GetRektKids    1,005

I was low on HP and sanity so I took off my helmet to put on a Tam O' Shanter and a meteor comes out of knowhere and bonks me on the head.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Orangex    76

I was running past a Pengull Nest and noticed one of them died on its own, dropping a black feather.

I stopped next to them to see if there was anything attacking them, then another one died shortly after. I then realised that it was coming to the end of winter and they were dying off to leave their items on the ground. The remaining Pengulls all then decided to dive at me while I was low on health from a previous fight, resulting in my untimely death.

Don't stand there watching them die, they don't like it!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lammarr    1,752
37 minutes ago, Orangex said:

I was running past a Pengull Nest and noticed one of them died on its own, dropping a black feather.

I stopped next to them to see if there was anything attacking them, then another one died shortly after. I then realised that it was coming to the end of winter and they were dying off to leave their items on the ground. The remaining Pengulls all then decided to dive at me while I was low on health from a previous fight, resulting in my untimely death.

Don't stand there watching them die, they don't like it!

 

They were starving.

Seriously,contrary to popular belief pengulls actually have hunger points and can starve unlike most of the Constant's creatures.

When their hunger points reach 0 they start to take damage and attack anything on sight that aren't other pengulls in order to feed themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
x0-VERSUS-1y    4,280
4 minutes ago, Lammarr said:

When their hunger points reach 0 they start to take damage and attack anything on sight that aren't other pengulls in order to feed themselves.

Would make for an interesting experiment to pen some of them starving pengs with statues/fossils/etc (not walls, they attack those) and feed them meats from last 3 days of winter onward and see how much time you can keep them as pets.

 

As for weird kicks-of-the-bucket: on a random pub, Endless well into hundreds-of-days madness, I merry-popped le route down some Sinkhole to enjoy my way of the regular Ruins swell-life and all; little did I knew a multiple "CHOMP!" surprise awaited me there at the exit in form of 5 Depths Worms abandoned by some nice able-fighting rando player no doubt. Also good solid lag is solid at the best of times to help a fellow get optimal aggro when loading screen is still on! Plus ofc I didn't had any armor equipped, why would I?! :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Canis    11,402
2 hours ago, GetNerfedOn said:

consuming a red cap to complete a skit @Canis and I were doing

322330_screenshots_20191023155832_1.thumb.jpg.92d9b68236eb8334bd7f8eb6b42d84d2.jpg

That was the best use of an amulet, by far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WildWildWes    445

Not a death per se but the absolute stupidest way I ever hurt myself in the game when when I was doing a sw run as Wilbur and I guess I was standing too close to the fire when he decided to drop a deuce because then the poop caught fire WHILE HE WAS IN THE MIDDLE OF POOPING and I took burn damage. This stupid monkey burned his butt pooping on top of the fire. This game truly is the gift that keeps on giving.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ismael Marin    279

20191119230523_1.thumb.jpg.296bb7fe15b9b09d7b94504f4e452063.jpg

I went to the Sharkitten den just to kill Tiger shark, my bad reaction time made me just stand there WITHOUT ARMOR while the Tiger shark was falling on me. 

6 hours ago, Mooagain said:

One time I was killed in sw by the sealnado while I was in the skyworthy.

The seal came, and I wasn't ready for it. I decided to run for the skyworthy and get my artifact from hamlet. I was in the loading animation, sitting in the skyworthy with no control over my character, when the sealnado, rips me out of the skyworthy and kills me. This is not supposed to be possible. I've been attacked before while in the skyworthy and nothing ever happens. I always come out fine. Luckily, I had a meat effigy in hamlet, so I just resurrected, grabbed the artifact, and went back.

Another one was when I was playing a modded character, I was reorganizing my chests and had a ton of stuff on the floor. A moleworm came over and picked up a stack of gunpowder. I died in one hit.

I was in Hamlet on my Shipwrecked save, it was day like 78... Aporkalypse, tried to kill Ancient Herald, tons of nightmares, so basically, i went to the Skyworthy, i was saved, the things kept attacking me, nothing happens, BUT OUT OF NOWHERE, the animation stops, I WAS LEFT WITH 38 HEALTH, NO ARMOR... I was running while the screen was fading black, good thing, i survived.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ismael Marin    279

The topic was moved to another part, this is officialy the death of the post... In my opinion, i think there's no use of these sub-forums like "Tales of Life n' Death", because all of them are rarely active, mine died too because it was moved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites