We need one NPC help collecting loots

Each fall Bearger chops trees down in 10 second, and we need 10 minutes to collect those logs.

We have lots of ways to chop trees. But we have trouble in collecting them.

Even the Lazy Forager is not helpful enough.

So shall we have One NPC for collecting items on the ground?

There should be a new bipedal race (or maybe pigs-for-hire) that could be payed to farm, collect resources or trade goods with. Traveling merchant perhaps? You could purchase specific crop seeds in bulk, rare drops and "work contracts" to hire collectors/farmers/fighters etc.

Maybe some kind of item/tool that can scoop up items as you pass by them, like SW's trawl net? I think something like that could be implemented for beefalo. You'd attach it to one, ride on it to scoop up items and open up the thing like a chest to take out the items and put them wherever you need.

1 hour ago, Electroely said:

Maybe some kind of item/tool that can scoop up items as you pass by them, like SW's trawl net? I think something like that could be implemented for beefalo. You'd attach it to one, ride on it to scoop up items and open up the thing like a chest to take out the items and put them wherever you need.

As an alternative, Wolfgang in his mighty form could do this job too ;). Or Maxwell with shadow puppets putting ressources on stacks. Or Wickerbottom with a book causing collecting loot in a certain range. Or an automatic collecting machine from Wilson or Winona.

2 minutes ago, Queron81 said:

As an alternative, Wolfgang in his mighty form could do this job too ;). Or Maxwell with shadow puppets putting ressources on stacks. Or Wickerbottom with a book causing collecting loot in a certain range. Or an automatic collecting machine from Wilson or Winona.

Yeah and Wolfgang should be able to chop down all the trees in a 300 tile radius in one click as well

15 hours ago, Dynamix_Roxx said:

The narwhal I believe will do this. Collecting salt crystals is a pain. 

Like I get what you meant, but the post was talking about collecting logs, and unless you plan on beaching a Gnarwail I doubt they'd be of much use, lol.

22 hours ago, Electroely said:

Great idea. If I may add. It would be an opportunity to use the saddlehorn. Like, you never really need to remove the saddle once you installed it on a tamed one. This item would take the place of the saddle and you would be luring the beefalo around from the ground. You can pick up stuff, while he's following you, catching stuff in a large radius. This is less easy than what proposed here, but it is a good compromise. You still pick up stuff on your own, we now have more use for the beefalo and the saddlehorn. 

Nobody care for the saddlehorn. Time to give it some love!

or not :(

add another version of Ocuvigil but socket with orange gem that requires ancient tab and thucite 

image.png.d3fada93bc32ee1349815278dba8ec9c.png

has durability and collects loots in certain range, refuelable with orange gem

edited: too expensive, trawl net attached on beefalo is better idea

10 hours ago, Captain_Rage said:

If there only was a red furred demon with black horns and a giant white sack in the game that would collect things on the ground. Guess we're out of luck.

But he probably would just go and buy cigarretes after the job and not even return your items... Man o' man, that would sure be bummer, but such mob does not exist...

Clearly, the only boring thing that is left to player to do without powerful equipments is to gather items (yet Lazy Forager is only useful for Ruins to collect more stuff).

So I believe gathering/harvesting way faster could be a very very very strong character perk, so I'd be happy to see a actual mob being a follower to harvest stuff with a specific character, sounds cute too.

On 11/19/2019 at 3:07 AM, Queron81 said:

Originally I thought Winona's rework was gonna come around this, building a tiny clockwork that, for example, follows you and picks up a stack of a specific item type (there's even a tiny clockwork that looks sort of like a spider in concept art by Klei). Or maybe a new Maxwell minion could also do that, like in Recezib's mod.

In any case I like the beefalo Idea and the refuelable lazy forager. I think everyone needs to have available a way to mass collect stuff for the late game, and maybe some character specific side perks could make it cheaper/earlier.

Archived