wurt loses more sanity?

So the new beta branch says Wurt loses more sanity for having bad fish in her inventory...  but I don't feel she gains much when its alive...  I haven't bothered to carry a fish with me.  Anyone actually carry fish when playing as wurt?  Does the beta branch include an unlisted buff for carrying fish that make it worth doing?

I think it makes sense since fish is supposed to be slippery to be hold

but the Wurt has Strong grip, maybe allow Wurt to stack the fish?

but they did this on purpose and don't want Wurt to stack the fish and abuse easily with a lots merm guards?

this doesn't change the fact once Wurt build up her kingdom, she still able to abuse with merm guards tho

I wish they change fishing mechanic, of course I'm not saying fishing simulation

I just want to see you can hide in a bush hat while fishing

It was suggested on another thread that maybe we can get another item to be sort of a middle ground between the fishin' bin (the new fish container that keeps them alive while on the boat) and a way to carry them around. Maybe a bucket-backpack, that has about the same slots as a piggyback and can hold fish alive for longer (although not indefinitely, like the bin), and it can only hold living fish. 

it will make Wurt's job a little easier, while keeping the new mechanic. It can be useful for everyone else as well, to carry all their loot from the boat to to their personal aquarium.

5 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

It was suggested on another thread that maybe we can get another item to be sort of a middle ground between the fishin' bin (the new fish container that keeps them alive while on the boat) and a way to carry them around. Maybe a bucket-backpack, that has about the same slots as a piggyback and can hold fish alive for longer (although not indefinitely, like the bin), and it can only hold living fish. 

F41CBA87545776590429B9EC0FE4A0DE29217389

28 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

F41CBA87545776590429B9EC0FE4A0DE29217389

Fill Chester's inventory with water balloons, then on the full moon he becomes...

Fish-in-a-Chester Chester!

When you open him up he's visually filled with water. Still has an inventory which can only hold 9 live fish. Live fish in Fish-in-a-Chester Chester have significantly decreased spoilage rates.

21 minutes ago, L. Ringmaster said:

Fill Chester's inventory with water balloons, then on the full moon he becomes...

Fish-in-a-Chester Chester!

When you open him up he's visually filled with water. Still has an inventory which can only hold 9 live fish. Live fish in Fish-in-a-Chester Chester have significantly decreased spoilage rates.

That seems like it would fit hutch more than it would chester.

1 hour ago, AileTheAlien said:

Packim Baggims would also be a viable place to store fish. :S

And turning them into bones...

But let's not talk about how crap Packim is and revel in the glory of our lord and saviour, Otto von Chesterfield Esquire!

Carrying a pet fish you never really need to craft a head garland anymore 

I think it’s a pretty decent perk- but this is probably a highly unpopular opinion but Wurt just seems a bit “Too Much”

I know that a good majority of the cast have yet to see Reworks so I will reserve final judgement on when they do- But WURT has so many good unique gameplay features and very few actual Downsides.

she doesn’t have tools slip out of her hand when she gets Wet.. I mean come on now, being a Vegetarian is a Complete Non- Issue- So it Seems like Wurt has too much going for her and Not Enough Downsides.

I hear people talk about how it’s hard to survive through Winter as Wurt- and trust me it’s not.. You just need Unpicked Vegetable sources you intentionally left untouched until you actually need them.

Shes got wayyyy too much Positive and not enough Con.

I would easily put her near the top of the list of most Overpowered characters.

Then when you compare her with Woodie who has also seen his Rework- Woodie can’t control his mutations during full moons and when he exits them he enters full on Starvation Status, Seems a bit Harsh for a guy who also has a 50% chance of Spawning Treegaurdians.

And What is Lucy the Axe even good for anymore anyway? Used to chopping enough wood triggered Werebeaver- Now it just seems that Lucy’s only purpose is to never shut the hell up.

TL:DR Wurt is fun to play as but in their quest to make her fun to play as they also made her have very few cons.

When they said that the Royal Tapestry would need items from all over the constant to create- I was expecting a little bit more than some Beefalo Wool, Seaweed, and Pigskins.

But maybe I’m just one of those people who complain a lot for no real reason- & Maybe Wurt DOES have more downsides.. I’m just not seeing them.

If it was up to me- Her Foul Merm smell would naturally attract Spiders and Hounds towards her constantly haha but then again.. would that be a con or yet another perk?

5 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

she doesn’t have tools slip out of her hand when she gets Wet

That also applies to mobs that force you to drop them like the Moose/Goose, Bearger, or Frog from what I've found.

7 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

You just need Unpicked Vegetable sources you intentionally left untouched until you actually need them.

Combine that with cactus flesh, kelp fronds, and stone fruit, winter has never become easier. 

I believe that Wurt has the ability to keep fish alive longer when in her inventory, but besides that, I really like the fact that wearing a top hat or thulecite suit negates sanity loss from the night permanently. Swapping the fish off in the tin fishin bin makes it even better in my opinion.

8 minutes ago, Owlrus98 said:

That also applies to mobs that force you to drop them like the Moose/Goose, Bearger, or Frog from what I've found.

Combine that with cactus flesh, kelp fronds, and stone fruit, winter has never become easier. 

I believe that Wurt has the ability to keep fish alive longer when in her inventory, but besides that, I really like the fact that wearing a top hat or thulecite suit negates sanity loss from the night permanently. Swapping the fish off in the tin fishin bin makes it even better in my opinion.

I think Wurts fish should have been a Wurt Exclusive craftable item to be honest.. like you know Willows Lighter or Wendy’s Flower?

it is far too easy to simply throw down a “spoiling” pet fish and pick up another fresher Fish, you can either fish them out of ponds.. OR you can pick up the ones dropped by a Dead Merm.

But If I don’t know Wurt has to say like: Trade stuff to her Merm King until he gave her a Bow she can turn it into her pet fish (it would still spoil like normal.. BUT!! The difference would be you’d have to craft the Merm King AND trade him for the Bow to turn a Fish into a “Pet” Fish, Otherwise- She can just toss them on the ground and grab a new one.

Wurt needs a few more Cons- I’m just not entirely sure what.

Archived