wurt loses more sanity?

3 hours ago, Warlockadamm said:

That might be a bug on Klei side. Most of the time when there's new updates those servers get shut down and the devs sometime forget to activate them back on. Maybe if you report it in the Xbox one bug tracker you'll get more information on that.

Thanks, but I don’t think this is actually a bug I just simply think they have NEVER been active on Xbox- and if they have been it must only be active during the times of day that I’m sleeping... which I thought they were 24/7?? So nah that can’t be it.

We have A LOT of weird options that don’t actually work on Xbox ATM, those I’m pretty sure ARE Bugs: Such as only having the option to Murder (but not plant) Butterflies. And the option to host “big” world gen sizes which I Recall that Klei said they removed due to consoles incapable of pulling anything larger than Default.

Has anyone who actually plays on Xbox EVER seen a public server available on Xbox? (Please don’t lie... cause if they’ve simply Never been available maybe that’s something we should have soon?)

16 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

how many of you actually play on a console?

How many berries, Juicy Berries, Carrots, Mushrooms, Farmable Birchnuts etc... do you find still untouched amongst the 5 other players in these massive worlds with you? 

Wurt is incredibly easy to play as On Consoles- now on a PC where you can have 20 players running around and servers that never shut down MAYBE your situation is different...

but On Console a server can only be joined for as long as the host player chooses to play the game, and when that host player leaves the game (Which is roughly around 30 In-Game days or so give or take for the average game season..) That Server gets “Turned Off” and you can no longer join that world until the host logs back online and plays DST again.

Winter is never a Problem... not even if All 6 players on Console are all Wurt at the same time.

The only time surviving as Wurt might become even a slight problem is Summer when the Veggies sources all catch fire and burn away to ashes- But even then there’s still TONS of Veggie Sources to be found down inside caves.

And because there is only 6 Maximum amounts of players & no such a thing as a 24/7 public server- You need not ever worry about all the bushes being dug away and stashed in someone else’s base.

Often times unless someone is close to you already and their icon can be visibly seen on the Map, OR they join and ask “Where’s Base?” You never even SEE them. (It’s Quite Peaceful)

Okay so because on your platform Wurt is easy you think she should be made harder for the rest of us? Because you had no problems with her you think she should be made more challenging for the rest of us?

Wurt may be easy for you because of "Xbox One lol console fwee bewwies and cawwots lel" but you have to consider the playerbase before you want a nerf. Most of us play on PC where starvation is a real deal in public server/ dedicated ones especially when people pick all the berries and carrots they can find on Day 1. It's basically impossible for the picked carrots to regen and you'll be sure berries are either picked or shoveled up. Winter is a real pain for Wurts here and tbh Wurt doesn't need anymore nerfs.

Klei could nerf Wurt to the dirt for XBOX One players but seeing as they didn't even let you guys plant flowers I don't think it'll happen soon.

Moral of the story: Just because you think it's easy, doesn't mean it is for others. Majority over minority.

4 hours ago, Booklover said:

Okay so because on your platform Wurt is easy you think she should be made harder for the rest of us? Because you had no problems with her you think she should be made more challenging for the rest of us?

Wurt may be easy for you because of "Xbox One lol console fwee bewwies and cawwots lel" but you have to consider the playerbase before you want a nerf. Most of us play on PC where starvation is a real deal in public server/ dedicated ones especially when people pick all the berries and carrots they can find on Day 1. It's basically impossible for the picked carrots to regen and you'll be sure berries are either picked or shoveled up. Winter is a real pain for Wurts here and tbh Wurt doesn't need anymore nerfs.

Klei could nerf Wurt to the dirt for XBOX One players but seeing as they didn't even let you guys plant flowers I don't think it'll happen soon.

Moral of the story: Just because you think it's easy, doesn't mean it is for others. Majority over minority.

Okay look take Wormwood as the example then- Wormwood not only CANT be healed at all Ever by simply eating food or munching on Butterflies- But Wormwood also naturally attracts hostile Bee Mobs towards him. Wormwood is the only character in the game that has to worry about getting too close to Bees.

it is Clear that Wurt needs some more downsides, but I’m not exactly sure what that is just yet.. Pigmen being hostile towards her only makes her like Webber and Wortox in the same category as (Monster) But.. she doesn’t suffer the same Harsh penalties that a Wormwood would.

And with all the GOOD perks she has, she just doesn’t balance out- Maybe they can do something unique and related to Winter  if Winter is truly meant to be her biggest downside.

Keep in mind that in order to craft any of Wormwoods special items, it takes sawing off his own limbs and damaging his HP.. does Wurt still sound Balanced to You?

36 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Keep in mind that in order to craft any of Wormwoods special items, it takes sawing off his own limbs and damaging his HP.. does Wurt still sound Balanced to You?

Well, some people actually view the health cost as a perk of wormwood since he can just sleep heal in a tent, and his ability to not have malleable health from food gives him some interesting food options. That aside, not every character has a harsh downside. Woodie is just a character with general perks in every region, and nothing truly negative about him, and I would argue he’s a wonderful character. 

36 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Okay look take Wormwood as the example then- Wormwood not only CANT be healed at all Ever by simply eating food or munching on Butterflies- But Wormwood also naturally attracts hostile Bee Mobs towards him. Wormwood is the only character in the game that has to worry about getting too close to Bees.

it is Clear that Wurt needs some more downsides, but I’m not exactly sure what that is just yet.. Pigmen being hostile towards her only makes her like Webber and Wortox in the same category as (Monster) But.. she doesn’t suffer the same Harsh penalties that a Wormwood would.

And with all the GOOD perks she has, she just doesn’t balance out- Maybe they can do something unique and related to Winter  if Winter is truly meant to be her biggest downside.

Bees are too slow to be considered a threat, and they are tied to their hives/boxes. If you consider them a threat, then base a few screens away. This is more trivia than a downside, and bees attack every character in spring, if anything Wormwood has the advantage of being able to outrun them faster.

Wormwood can't heal himself but he can carry an entire server by doing almost nothing, I've seen plenty of those sitting in a base planting, they don't even bother crafting a spear/hambat. Food not giving HP isn't that big of a deal unless you need to heal mid fight and even then after reading a guide I learned how to kill (or let it die) most of the annoying bosses without ever put myself in danger, HP is pretty much a redundant stat at this point.

On 15.11.2019 at 1:53 AM, Shosuko said:

Anyone actually carry fish when playing as wurt?  Does the beta branch include an unlisted buff for carrying fish that make it worth doing?

Yes, anyone who wants to get extra 3.33 sanity per minute carry the fish as wurt. beta branch have all buff listed

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

And with all the GOOD perks she has, she just doesn’t balance out- Maybe they can do something unique and related to Winter  if Winter is truly meant to be her biggest downside

Again all of her upsides require a long time of constant construction to reach her peak. She is very simular to Winona in a way, a verity of small perks that help with qol and one big perk that can be broken given enough time has passed and materials spent. Wurt isn't some pick up and get immediate buffs character like Wolfgang or WX (to a extent), she is more of a gradual increase of power that can become op with enpugh resources, but without avcess to aaid resources, she doesn't really amont to much. Her true downside isn't being vegan, it's that a harsh majority of her power is in her structures and without them, she has little power to actually use.

1 hour ago, Frashaw27 said:

Again all of her upsides require a long time of constant construction to reach her peak. She is very simular to Winona in a way, a verity of small perks that help with qol and one big perk that can be broken given enough time has passed and materials spent. Wurt isn't some pick up and get immediate buffs character like Wolfgang or WX (to a extent), she is more of a gradual increase of power that can become op with enpugh resources, but without avcess to aaid resources, she doesn't really amont to much. Her true downside isn't being vegan, it's that a harsh majority of her power is in her structures and without them, she has little power to actually use.

Winona gets hungry with every little item she crafts, be it Pickaxes, Axes, Spears, Campfires.. etc- I have actually managed to STARVE as Winona plenty of times due to this very thing. Wurt on the other hand can just shove a handful of Carrots or Berries in her mouth and she is good to go.

Wurt players say that it takes a long time to get Wurt set up- But not really, First off if your not basing her in a Swamp full of both Spiders and already existing Merm Shacks then you are probably playing her wrong.

A Wurt based in a Swamp WITH Merms and Spiders has an Infinite Supply Of Silk, and Fish (be that fished up out of nearby ponds or picked up after a fellow Merm dies) The only downside to living in a Swamp is there aren’t any nearby Veggie sources so Wurt needs to build a small Veggie farm.

Again, Public Servers do not exist on Xbox One and therefore I can not speak for those.

Honestly a Starving Winona is probably Wurts biggest threat.. She will eat everything in sight and have no Regrets.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Wurt players say that it takes a long time to get Wurt set up - But not really

Her perks take a while to build, King is annoying and the rest requires a lot of wood, grass, flints, tentacle spots. Building one merm house is easy, but useless. 5 is okay if you only want to use them to get resources. You'll need 20 or more to be able to compete with the bunnymen that already spawn in the world and just requires you to move their huts if you want to kill stuff. The natural merm houses have 4, but 3 will only appear if something attacks the 1 merm outside which is very annoying when you want them to do some task and the respawn timer for them is high compared to bunnies.

Infinite supply of silk can be done with anyone and silk are barely used if at all.

If you can play Wolfgang, Winona's hunger is nothing to worry about and they both can just shove a handful of carrots, berries and more things into their mouths, food literally fall from the sky if you're that desperate.

Building her stuff in a swamp is fun and all but barely has any real use, you're better off building them next to Bee Queen. And that's when you see how time consuming her perks are. But almost anyone can do that with bunnies, so...

I don't know what you see on her that makes her to deserve a nerf, most of her perks can be done by Wilson or Wes through pigs and bunnies. She is just a character for when you feel like playing as a merm. There are way better characters with little cons, even ignoring the trio that are to be reworked soon.

Does Winona still lose health per craft?  I didn't think she did anymore...  Just slow crafting at low hunger.

Anyway - yeah Winona and Wurt are great for long term worlds.  They both have a pretty high power ceiling but take so long, and so many resources to get going that you shouldn't bother playing them on pubs.

I don't think this is a problem because while they can be very powerful, its not like Wolfgang who just over powers every aspect of the game from day 1.  I'm really curious with what we'll see with Wicker and Wolfgang reworks...

14 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Umm so not being able to trade with PK and benefit from good meat recipes isn't a harsh downside? Constantly being annoyed by you complaining that she's too good isn't a harsh downside? Some of her perks being "meh" isn't harsh enough?

And don't bring Wormwood to this table. Seriously. Don't. That is Wormwood's special perk. UNIQUE. That makes him fun and different from the others. It completely changes his playstyle and don't even whine that his recipes require health. Wormwood is all about HP management. I honestly don't see Wurt having anything to do with HP management.

"It is Clear" umm have you read the other replies here? Jokes aside, you seem to just want Wurt to be worse than she is know. Wtf. She is already hard (for us PC players anyway. For you there's food everywhere so you can complain about how that makes something OP) and ughhhhh I'm just repeating the same things over and over again trying to fit them into your stubborn brain.

I talked about her perks. They aren't good. They are just terrible replacements for already great stuff. Her ability to read books and get sanity from fish is so bland and meh that aside from lore it's useless. Her houses and stuff could just be replaced by bunnymen or pigmen. Merm King is a debuff if you want to hire merms/defend against players or pigmen. And what does the great fake bodybuilder wannabe do? Throw seaweed and unusable collectables at you. As for her "yay I run supa fas on swamp" perk, that I admit is decent but since it only effects her it would be a waste of time to make roads out of swamp turf unless no one else joins you. And won't throw shiz when wet... eh you know my opinion on that crud.

Okay so I MUST remind @Mike23Ua that Wurt's perks aren't GOOD and she doesn't deserve to be kicked down far more than she already is. Poor girl already sucks at joining servers and now you want her to even be bad at surviving as a host. Now, if you want to talk about GOOD perks and how unbalanced a survivor is, let's have a look at the Trinity? After that you can tell me your reasons (no stupid excuses please) for nerfing Wurt to the dirt.

Cheers!

24 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

You don’t play on Xbox so anything I say to you is pretty much Irrelevant- 

you want to fix Wurt?? Give Xbox Dedicated Servers capable of holding more than 6 Players so Starving in Winter MIGHT become an Actual Threat.

After playing on ps4 recently I'd say a bigger issue is getting some of these mods on there like geometric placement.  Basebuilding on consoles is just anarchy O_O

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Post this in the Xbox forum then if you're just gonna go back to "ooh I play on Xbox you won't understand" as an excuse.

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

You don't play on PC so anything we say to you is pretty much Irrelevant. Whine somewhere else where there's actually a XBOX ONE user that will sympathise with your trouble. Seriously though, complaining that a character is too good is like complaining that you're rich.

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

you want to fix Wurt?? Give Xbox Dedicated Servers capable of holding more than 6 Players so Starving in Winter MIGHT become an Actual Threat.

Eheh. Heh. Heh.... well... I don't think any of us wanted to fix Wurt? Someone can speak up if they want to fix the cute girl but if I remember correctly only you have a problem with Wurt.

3 hours ago, Ezaroth said:

Post this in the Xbox forum then if you're just gonna go back to "ooh I play on Xbox you won't understand" as an excuse.

In their defence, it is the general forum so It's suppose to be used by everyone that plays the game regardless of system. That being said the defence that playing on a certin system so it's different only works if there are stark differences between the 2, and the console and pc ports are pretty simular beaides things like mods and community market, but no core gameplay is different. There might be the occational system exclusive bug here and there but that could be for a verity of reasons that was not made from malicious content.

2 hours ago, Booklover said:

You don't play on PC so anything we say to you is pretty much Irrelevant. Whine somewhere else where there's actually a XBOX ONE user that will sympathise with your trouble. Seriously though, complaining that a character is too good is like complaining that you're rich

While I don't agree that having a character being too powerful is bad in of itself, since there is characters that have subarb power without a proper restrint on them that can damper someones enjoyment of the game, the fact that stating Wurt, herself, is too powerful is a objectively wrong statment. She can be uber powerful, with proper time to set up and grow her empire but without that she is terribley underpowered. While she can have a swarm of merms following her to annihilate anything she comes accross, the materials needed to get to that point ia something that won't just take you a season alone (unless that is literally the only thing you work on) to finish, its more of the aide quest you gradually finish through out the game then do it all in one go.

2 hours ago, Booklover said:

Eheh. Heh. Heh.... well... I don't think any of us wanted to fix Wurt? Someone can speak up if they want to fix the cute girl but if I remember correctly only you have a problem with Wurt.

I think a few people may agree with them, but those aren't apart of the vocal majority, aside from this one here.

5 hours ago, Shosuko said:

After playing on ps4 recently I'd say a bigger issue is getting some of these mods on there like geometric placement.  Basebuilding on consoles is just anarchy O_O

I mean you could add geo. Placment but its not needed persay. You can easily have nice and neat strcutures without it but it takes a lot longer, Hamton is a example of a server that has neat and tidy buildings without geo placment. Besides a base works fine without needing precise placement, and there is a demographic who focuses on functionality over fashion.

Archived