wurt loses more sanity?

4 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I think Wurts fish should have been a Wurt Exclusive craftable item to be honest.. like you know Willows Lighter or Wendy’s Flower?

it is far too easy to simply throw down a “spoiling” pet fish and pick up another fresher Fish, you can either fish them out of ponds.. OR you can pick up the ones dropped by a Dead Merm.

But If I don’t know Wurt has to say like: Trade stuff to her Merm King until he gave her a Bow she can turn it into her pet fish (it would still spoil like normal.. BUT!! The difference would be you’d have to craft the Merm King AND trade him for the Bow to turn a Fish into a “Pet” Fish, Otherwise- She can just toss them on the ground and grab a new one.

Wurt needs a few more Cons- I’m just not entirely sure what.

You say it like the sanity fish gives is so good to go to all these trouble, might as well just pick cactus. No one would go to all that RNGfest and King building quest (on publics) just to get something that would spoil as fast as fish already does.

The way it is already you'll probably be carrying fish as Wurt if you're building her stuff so the free sanity gives you more time building and less fighting. No reason to make one of her pros into a time waster since she is already a time consuming character with her buildings.

14 minutes ago, Sweaper said:

You say it like the sanity fish gives is so good to go to all these trouble, might as well just pick cactus. No one would go to all that RNGfest and King building quest (on publics) just to get something that would spoil as fast as fish already does.

The way it is already you'll probably be carrying fish as Wurt if you're building her stuff so the free sanity gives you more time building and less fighting. No reason to make one of her pros into a time waster since she is already a time consuming character with her buildings.

It’s was only a terrible idea to give an incredibly overpowered character some form of a Con.

As she stands now.. Wurt simply has WAYYYY too many good things going for her then she actually has Bad.

That should be changed a little bit.. but ultimately I don’t know exactly HOW to Balance out Wurt.

Simply being a Vegetarian isn’t enough because- Vegetables are plentiful and all over Everywhere..

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

It’s was only a terrible idea to give an incredibly overpowered character some form of a Con.

As she stands now.. Wurt simply has WAYYYY too many good things going for her then she actually has Bad.

That should be changed a little bit.. but ultimately I don’t know exactly HOW to Balance out Wurt.

Simply being a Vegetarian isn’t enough because- Vegetables are plentiful and all over Everywhere..

Until you join a server mid winter and most berries aren't there anymore. Plus, you can't consume most of the easy but good foods that requires meat.

She has a lot of good things, but the buildings can be replaced with a mix of bunnyman and pigman depending on the task you want them to do for most other characters. Another perk requires to either live in a swamp of have the patience to clear its and the turf to wherever you need to put those but this can also be replaced with cobblestones. The fish's sanity boost isn't great and there are faster ways to get sanity. The stats gained from having a King is useless since you don't need to worry about them if you always keep it topped anyway, it will just take more time to keep him alive. The grip, unless you're fighting certain bosses, you can easily have it with any other character, and even against those bosses it's not big of a deal, well... unless, you know, a certain someone uses an umbrella and a straw hat for raining instead of an eyebrella and a weapon, I wonder who that is.

So, a lot of things, sure, but most of those can be replaced by most characters quite easily if you know what to do in this game.

1 hour ago, Sweaper said:

Until you join a server mid winter and most berries aren't there anymore. Plus, you can't consume most of the easy but good foods that requires meat.

She has a lot of good things, but the buildings can be replaced with a mix of bunnyman and pigman depending on the task you want them to do for most other characters. Another perk requires to either live in a swamp of have the patience to clear its and the turf to wherever you need to put those but this can also be replaced with cobblestones. The fish's sanity boost isn't great and there are faster ways to get sanity. The stats gained from having a King is useless since you don't need to worry about them if you always keep it topped anyway, it will just take more time to keep him alive. The grip, unless you're fighting certain bosses, you can easily have it with any other character, and even against those bosses it's not big of a deal, well... unless, you know, a certain someone uses an umbrella and a straw hat for raining instead of an eyebrella and a weapon, I wonder who that is.

So, a lot of things, sure, but most of those can be replaced by most characters quite easily if you know what to do in this game.

If you join a server in Mid-Winter as Wurt you fully deserve to die.. otherwise just stock up on tons of Birchnuts prior to the Winter, and Don’t pick Berries at all until you need them.

1 Berry+ 3 Ice = Fistful of Jam.

2 Birchnuts + 2 Berries = Trail Mix

Then for everything else.. just eat a few loose carrots or Mushrooms.

Do keep in Mind that even when Winter Starts you can still wonder around and find Birchnut Trees that drop Birchnuts.

Wurt Can Also eat Butterflies, Which not only give food but decent HP Restoration as well.

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Sigh Wurt doesn't need balancing out. Just let her be. You keep saying how she has alot of good things blah blah blah well look into a server and hey... where are the Wurts? Not much people even look at Wurt once and you want to nerf her even further?

Also, Willow and Wendy's exclusive Items are actually useful and worth making. It even is a huge part of their kit. Wurt's crappy fish barely even gives any sanity and wastes inventory slots imo. "Oh look I have a pet fish that does nothing but flop around and make me abit happier" is nothing compared to "Oh look I have a flower that can summon a ghost who can rekt crowds" or "Oh look I have a lighter that I can cook with and makes me invulnerable to dying to darkness".

30 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

If you join a server in Mid-Winter as Wurt you fully deserve to die..

Well, that's a big downside then.

just stock up on tons of Birchnuts prior to the Winter

Cutting wood is fun, yes. And even with Merms, birchnuts takes too long to grow, so unless you join a server pre day 10 you can only get those from the natural spawn ones which means merms will easily stop cutting trees from one to another.

1 Berry+ 3 Ice = Fistful of Jam

What berry? All the bushes of the world is already in a base and someone took them and took off, have fun whenever that happens in a public server as Wurt.

30 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Doesn't compare to pierogi if you setup a farm. Cutting trees are a pain and a waste of time if all you want is healing but no wood, and no, I won't hope for a Bearger appearing in a public server.

Also eat Butterflies

Flowers? What are those on public servers after 15 days and I think there is definitely no butterflies in Winter, an entire season and the second most common in public servers.

Do keep in Mind that even when Winter Starts you can still wonder around and find Birchnut Trees that drop Birchnuts.

Yes, being dependent on a low chance to find ingredients for healing is good.

On top of all that I said, any other character can do all of the above either way while having other or better options, so what exactly was your point when you didn't even addressed that her pros was already something others could do. All you said is that her cons can me remedied in a limited way that could hurt her gameplay or even be a death sentence.

And yet you want to nerf her somehow. Can't see your logic in here.

14 minutes ago, Booklover said:

Oh yeah, @Mike23Ua, you still want Veggie hunts? That a perk for Wurt or con?

Neither- It’s a new form of Hunt with new creatures with unique enemy mob types and new gameplay Elements. (Which was the whole idea to begin with)

Wurts not the only character the only character in the game who can benefit from Veggie hunts ya know? 

but let’s see- She Runs significantly faster in swamps, can sense Swamp tentacle dangers ahead of running into them, She doesn’t need to craft a flower garland just carry around a fish!,  She can build her own Personal MEGA ARMY to keep anything and everything from ever getting to her base Including other players who Are NOT Wurt Unless She Specifically chooses to craft a disguise for them..She doesn’t loose her grip when Wet. I’m really not seeing a whole lot of Downsides here.

26 minutes ago, Sweaper said:

Well, that's a big downside then.

Cutting wood is fun, yes. And even with Merms, birchnuts takes too long to grow, so unless you join a server pre day 10 you can only get those from the natural spawn ones which means merms will easily stop cutting trees from one to another.

What berry? All the bushes of the world is already in a base and someone took them and took off, have fun whenever that happens in a public server as Wurt.

Doesn't compare to pierogi if you setup a farm. Cutting trees are a pain and a waste of time if all you want is healing but no wood, and no, I won't hope for a Bearger appearing in a public server.

Flowers? What are those on public servers after 15 days and I think there is definitely no butterflies in Winter, an entire season and the second most common in public servers.

Yes, being dependent on a low chance to find ingredients for healing is good.

On top of all that I said, any other character can do all of the above either way while having other or better options, so what exactly was your point when you didn't even addressed that her pros was already something others could do. All you said is that her cons can me remedied in a limited way that could hurt her gameplay or even be a death sentence.

And yet you want to nerf her somehow. Can't see your logic in here.

Oh yeah Public Servers... I forgot about those, okay well to Summarize- Theres no such thing as a Public server on Xbox One and PS4 (instead a server runs only for as long as the HOST player chooses to play the game and then said server gets shutdown after said host leaves) and the Player Cap Caps Out At 6 player Maximum- You starting to see where there’s an over abundance of resources all over everywhere for Wurt players to survive off of now?

I'd say Wurt is similar to Winona.  She has some great things she can do but it takes a LOT of set up to get there...  A great character to swap to via celestial portal after Maxwell and Wickerbottom have farmed you all the logs, stone, grass and twigs you could want.  These characters are both more oriented to building a persistent world rather than jumping into a pub game for a season or two and never seeing that world again.

Her fish is pretty meh.  Flower garlands or other sanity boosting clothes are an extremely rare craft for me.  I manage my sanity by fighting off sanity monsters whenever I get that low, and that's about 90% of my sanity management.  I'll pick green shrooms if I feel I need a bit of a break from sanity monsters.  The only time I really feel I need sanity management is like - in the middle of a fight with deerclopse, treeguards, spider queen, or in ruins - and her fish is worthless against a -100 sanity aura.

She Runs significantly faster in swamps

The speed is equal to cobblestones, but is a little less of a time investment. Anything you could do with marsh turf can be done with cobblestones just as well. The only difference is that cobblestone requires a metric ton of boards for it, while marsh turf has a abundance in a single area. There is also the argument of turf domenience but that also only deals with aesthetics.

can sense Swamp tentacle dangers ahead of running into them

I mean it is useful, but it's nothing to write home about. Just continuing to run through the swamp will allow you to avoid them all the same. If you need to take a long break from running for one reason or another, just go to the road in the middle of the swamp, since tentacles can't spawn on the natural road.

She doesn’t need to craft a flower garland just carry around a fish!

I mean yeah, but insanity also isn't a huge concern and more of annoyance then anything. There is also the fact that the sanity is additive so having both is actually better. The fishperk isn't bad, but it's also not amazing. Finally, saying something has better sanity regen then a garland is nothing special since all other sanity regens are better then it.

She can build her own Personal MEGA ARMY to keep anything and everything from ever getting to her base Including other players who Are NOT Wurt Unless She Specifically chooses to craft a disguise for them..

Hey did you know that with the king alive, merms don't attack anything on their own, including pigs and non Wurt players? Without the king they are nothing but slightly more threatening pigs and a determined player can pick them off. Also a mega army is nothing special. You can very easily have a large army of pigs, bunnymen, or rock lobsters and can easily beat them with the proper numbers. The only reason why a merm army is better because they a) have more health and attack b) run faster c) break rocks and trees and d) last the entire day instead of specific segment. The proble is a) can be solved by adding more troops, b) can be coped with a little patience, c) can be done by pigs or by your own hands, and d) with the multiple times mobs come out, you can have armies for any time of day.

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

She doesn’t loose her grip when Wet

This rarely comes into effect, even with bosses that can smack your weapon off your hand. It is a small perk that is barely noticed when compared to the others.

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

1 Berry+ 3 Ice = Fistful of Jam.

Then for everything else.. just eat a few loose carrots or Mushrooms.

Wurt Can Also eat Butterflies, Which not only give food but decent HP Restoration as well.

There is just one thing I have to tell you, none of these things appear during winter. Berries don't grow back (which is important if there are other players on the server that want the berries you are saving), Butterflies don't spawn, there is no trees which give birch nuts, mushrooms don't grow so you have to go underground (which is bad because it's most likely raining under there for some reason), Loose carrots are already plucked by winter and don't regen fast enough to provide hunger that can last more then one to two days. Wurt gets her ass kicked by winter because there is no source of vegetarian foods besides lichen (which located in the ruins, spoils in 2 days, and makes you insane by eating it which will get old fast of constantly fighting nightmares for 20 days straight), cactus (which hurts you for more damage then you heal less you wear armor, it also is required to be cooked less it hurt you even more), and kelp fronds (which are a pain in the ass to mass gather and relocate). Even out of winter, she has a difficult time as she has no significant sources of healing that was easily reproducible. Blue mushroom forests will be dried up after constant use and using mushroom planters will require a lot of planters to get any reasonable return. Farms can grow dragon fruit, which is good for healing, but farming is also a pain due to the seeds needed to maintain the farms. Butterflies can be used for healing but they require a bunch to fully heal wurt, only spawn during the day so there is only a small window where you can actually get them, and using them will evenually spawn krampus which requires some amount of healing, items, or real good kiting, to deal with. Butter muffins could be used but require 3 vegetables and thus isn't good if you are already struggling. Healing is just a real sort spot for wurt so that contributes to her downside. A large amount of crockpot recipes are restricted. She has to spend her veggies on her guards. There is a lot of things that Wurt is, but broken/op isn't one of them. Her reliance on merms gives her a minion based play style which is fine and fun, but doesn't provide any benefit without preparation. Compared to Webber, She requires to place down more and more merm houses to spread your area, while Webber just has friends everywhere. She is just like Webber, but has a different mob that can do more stuff with the downsides of dietary restriction and that your armies progress is almost entirely personally made.

2 hours ago, Shosuko said:

and her fish is worthless against a -100 sanity aura.

Now hold on. 100/60 means that you are losing about 1.66 insanity a second, while 96.7/60 is 1.61 insanity a second. This means that you lose sanity about 4% faster (based on my most likely wrong calculations), so it could be worth it.

Spoiler

/s

6 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Neither- It’s a new form of Hunt with new creatures with unique enemy mob types and new gameplay Elements. (Which was the whole idea to begin with)

Haha. Neither. Yeah well Veggie hunts is a huge buff to Wurt as it's basically a get-out-of-jail free card during Winter. And you want her to have more downsides when one of your ideas completely nullify her biggest downside.

6 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

but let’s see- She Runs significantly faster in swamps, can sense Swamp tentacle dangers ahead of running into them, She doesn’t need to craft a flower garland just carry around a fish!,  She can build her own Personal MEGA ARMY to keep anything and everything from ever getting to her base Including other players who Are NOT Wurt Unless She Specifically chooses to craft a disguise for them..She doesn’t loose her grip when Wet. I’m really not seeing a whole lot of Downsides here.

Hmm let's also see: MOST of these perks require her to specifically base in Swamp for it to work. No swamp, no perks.

And you should know: her fish is worse than Garland. Yup! WORSE. Why you may ask? Her fish takes up 1 inventory slot which can be used for other things whereas Garland, which not only gives you 60 sanity from the 12 petals you have to pick, could be worn on your head. The sanity gain is worse but the burst of 60 sanity is much better. It will take Wurt's pathetic fish 2.25 days to even reach 60 sanity gained whereas by that time the Garland would've recovered a total of 84 sanity. Beat that, fish.

And her MEGA ARMY to keep ANYTHING from getting to her base... anyone can do it. Whether with Bunnymen or Pigs or even Spiders. Not to mention they won't even attack anything when a King is up.

And for the "Oh I can grip this tightly!" Perk... wth. THAT is good? Dude. With an Eyebrella you couldn't even get wet. That's just a waste of time and brain cells on Klei's part.

You sound like you're trying extremely hard to make Wurt seem better than she really is. I wouldn't explain characters to others if I were you. Soon Wes will become God and Willow can throw fireballs and hadoukens.

Now, let's take a brutally honest view of her ugly downsides. Hmm can't trade with Pig King? Boohoo no gold and what are you even gonna do with the amount of trinkets Merm King throws at you? Decorate your slimy base? Next, Winter is fookin' hard unless you're a Lunar Island lover. 2 out of 3 overworld veggies that grow in Winter is located there. The other one is cacti which costs hp and armour. Or you could just live in the ruins since you already liked to base near unopened sinkholes and complain about batilisks when someone wants to use the friggin' sinkhole to the point you want Winona's Spotlights to scare them off. Live off lichen and mushrooms and try not to rage at the mobs constantly annoying you in the ruins.

Really, Wurt isn't God nor is she OP. She just seems to (YOU, especially) have more good than bad and well apparently you don't like that. It's not like she's completely imbalancing the character roster by being chosen more over others. In fact, she is barely even touched.

2 hours ago, csc_unit said:

Other than dragonpies, do you guys have other alternatives?

Jellybeans for healing,and carrots from bunnymen farms for hunger.

She gets more hunger points from vegetables and bunnymen wars gives a lot of carrots daily.

how many of you actually play on a console?

How many berries, Juicy Berries, Carrots, Mushrooms, Farmable Birchnuts etc... do you find still untouched amongst the 5 other players in these massive worlds with you? 

Wurt is incredibly easy to play as On Consoles- now on a PC where you can have 20 players running around and servers that never shut down MAYBE your situation is different...

but On Console a server can only be joined for as long as the host player chooses to play the game, and when that host player leaves the game (Which is roughly around 30 In-Game days or so give or take for the average game season..) That Server gets “Turned Off” and you can no longer join that world until the host logs back online and plays DST again.

Winter is never a Problem... not even if All 6 players on Console are all Wurt at the same time.

The only time surviving as Wurt might become even a slight problem is Summer when the Veggies sources all catch fire and burn away to ashes- But even then there’s still TONS of Veggie Sources to be found down inside caves.

And because there is only 6 Maximum amounts of players & no such a thing as a 24/7 public server- You need not ever worry about all the bushes being dug away and stashed in someone else’s base.

Often times unless someone is close to you already and their icon can be visibly seen on the Map, OR they join and ask “Where’s Base?” You never even SEE them. (It’s Quite Peaceful)

12 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

how many of you actually play on a console?

no such a thing as a 24/7 public server- 

*cough cough* i play on console 

And there is such a thing as Public server, at least on ps4 and trust me ressources are indeed very limited in those server because of the flow of person getting in them.

20200105_161122.thumb.jpg.fb7a3574234a686855f52d28d0bac0ec.jpg

10 minutes ago, Warlockadamm said:

*cough cough* i play on console 

And there is such a thing as Public server, at least on ps4 and trust me ressources are indeed very limited in those server because of the flow of person getting in them.

20200105_161122.thumb.jpg.fb7a3574234a686855f52d28d0bac0ec.jpg

Can you Find those for me on Xbox One?

9 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Can you Find those for me on Xbox One?

030EC1A6-023A-46CA-96FA-DC68311FB247.thumb.jpeg.d4e61710e02bb2b6e36cdf252b56d4b9.jpeg

hey! If you look in the filters tab while searching for a game, scroll down to “server type” and switch it to dedicated. Dedicated servers are public, 24/7, and have no host. They’re on survival/vanilla settings and if you want to kick someone or rollback it requires votes from the players. Usually there are more servers up than just two but yeah! Keep an eye out for them, they’re fun. 

36 minutes ago, reichull said:

030EC1A6-023A-46CA-96FA-DC68311FB247.thumb.jpeg.d4e61710e02bb2b6e36cdf252b56d4b9.jpeg

hey! If you look in the filters tab while searching for a game, scroll down to “server type” and switch it to dedicated. Dedicated servers are public, 24/7, and have no host. They’re on survival/vanilla settings and if you want to kick someone or rollback it requires votes from the players. Usually there are more servers up than just two but yeah! Keep an eye out for them, they’re fun. 

Hey look that’s PS4 again.. I want to see them on the Xbox One please?

I play on console and usually when playing on public servers i rarely see people playing wurt and it is very easy in fact to deal with wurt being a vegan which is,during summer and winter unless you have stone fruit bushes you will be fine but I do hate the fact that the fishes do not stack anymore

As you can see we have the OPTION for them on Xbox, But they do not actually Exist.. Thank You.

431C2C49-B553-400C-8CD0-BCF81F05C3B9.gif

That might be a bug on Klei side. Most of the time when there's new updates those servers get shut down and the devs sometime forget to activate them back on. Maybe if you report it in the Xbox one bug tracker you'll get more information on that.

Just to be clear, being vegetarian doesn't make her that hard to survive, but because you'll need to go way out of your way to get food makes it a big con compared to others characters that can eat whatever there is in their screen, usually cooked monster meat.

I could be exaggerating on that, but playing with other players you'll find less berries in winter and if you do find it you'll want to go back to a crockpot to make jam with ice, but ice is another thing you'll be wasting time getting and carrying it because the moment you put it in an icebox it will mysteriously disappear.

Bunnyfarm isn't everywhere, you'll need to go specifically there just to farm food. And I'm not even considering the time you might have to waste just to find a village of them which could be between 0-3 days.

Fruit stone requires a boat and a good amount of the land mapped out to find the corner it could be in, that is a pretty big time sink.

Cactus can only appear in deserts, so you better hope those are in a good location or with good wormholes in it or near them.

Farming is a chore, enough said.

Meanwhile a Wilson is eating every walking and non-walking food, which is pretty much in everywhere at anytime so no need to waste time walking into a certain location just to fill hunger.

Most of her perks (be those a con or pros of her) are a big time sinker, that's a huge downside (same with Warly's recipes) compared to other characters. And now we may know why certain characters are less played in publics, there isn't enough time to make good use of them unless you're rushing specifically for it, in Wurt's case if you're not building her stuff might as well play Wilson. Oh, and since hunger goes on a timer it makes those characters worse for the average player to have fun with their perks at the end of the day.

Archived