JoeW

Hallowed Nights and Wurt available October 24th! (And more!)

Mike23Ua    733

Charlie has an hour glass shape, but yeah she ain’t playable YET.. 

(insert soon meme here)

• Haha 1

minespatch    60,436
On 10/18/2019 at 5:10 PM, JoeW said:

Abyssal skin sets.

Theories on what this is?

• Like 1

Sunset Skye    3,778
Just now, minespatch said:

Theories on what this is?

"Abyssal" makes me think it might be based on some kind of deep sea fish, which are all absolutely terrifying.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Mike23Ua    733
6 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

You didn't get a pop-up explaining the lore upon picking a carrat, that's true. Carrats, as with many other living things on the Lunar Islands, are likely plants that were somehow mutated into creatures by the Lunar Island (or vice-versa, creatures that were mutated into plants) so to say that they're simply "a fun gameplay experience" is just silly.

And uh, speaking of silly:

A person can wear any kind of clothing, masculine or feminine, and that doesn't change their gender in any way. Webber, Wes and Wormwood have skins that would be considered "feminine", and WX-78 has skins which would definitely be considered "masculine". That doesn't change their gender at all, because that's just not how clothes work. Anyone can wear anything. Anyone can dress masculine, feminine, both, neither, or anywhere in between, and that doesn't determine their gender in any way.
Hell, I'm a girl and I've always wanted to go to some kind of fancy occasion in a suit, and my gender would not spontaneously rearrange itself upon me putting that Assigned Masculine Cloth on my body.

That is TOTALLY NOT THE POINT!!

it does not matter what YOU want, it matters what I WANT, or rather what the person playing as said character wants, if I want to pretend Wendy is a 39 year old cross dressing man then so be it.. it’s my game let me play it MY Way. 

If I want to say Webber is a Girl and dress him in girly clothing and girl hairstyles that again is my opinion and I have every right to do so.

but to argue a video game characters gender is rather silly. 

I Personally wouldn’t mind both Male & Female skins for characters like Wilson and Woodie Myself.

• Like 1
  • Confused 8

Lemonsnoot    263
15 minutes ago, Butt Pillow said:

I'm so hoping its got a cute lure on the head for the Abyssal skin too. Since tentacle face or Angler maw would make me buy the skin instantly. 

Ooooh, kinda like hutch!!

• Like 2

Axelocke    2,859
59 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

"Abyssal" makes me think it might be based on some kind of deep sea fish, which are all absolutely terrifying.

Ooh! Maybe she'll have a cute little angler fish antenna! :wilson_smile:

Edited by Axelocke
  • Like 3

Mike23Ua    733
15 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Current year obssession over gender... I guess.588497c65ec72_arielconfusedshrug.png.7e28189e6a68c2fc214fa6e2c0815879.png

Well I was born in a time period where there really wasn’t such thing as Male- Female, Bisexual Transgender.. Whatever, so knowing if the girl I like is in fact actually a girl is a HUGE thing to me. 

In video games it’s slightly unimportant i Guess lol.

• Like 3
  • Confused 11

Jessie223    621

She moves faster while on the swamp and can craft tiles to expand her turf

i'm curious if this means she'll just be able to craft the regular swamp tiles or her own versions of them

• Like 2