The most dumb thing you did on DS?

One of my most dumb things i did on Don't Starve is forgot to prototype the Alchelmy Engine before destroying the Science Machine, trying to battle a boss without heals and forgot i was on solo DS and light something on fire (as Wormwood) and almost die of fire. Also trying to cool down while a volcano eruption is going on (on a endothermic fire)

3 hours ago, GetNerfedOn said:

just yesterday:

I was playing with Canis in the Sanctuary server and i tanked two werepigs which had just killed glommer with a garland.

I was that pissed to see my folly.

you didn't tell me that you tanked them, tf

edit: I went back to the chat logs and fished this up. I was expecting something more juicy but got disappointed.

Spoiler

[01:18:46]: [Say] (KU_OYtV7iUY) Papa Canis: glommer
[01:19:05]: [Say] (KU_MQ1XV0T5) GetNerfedOn: f*** werep[igs
[01:19:18]: [Say] (KU_OYtV7iUY) Papa Canis: oh damn, i should be there
[01:19:26]: [Death Announcement] GetNerfedOn was killed by Pig Man. She became a spooky ghost!
[01:19:30]: [Say] (KU_OYtV7iUY) Papa Canis: ah
[01:19:38]: [Say] (KU_OYtV7iUY) Papa Canis: well, we have rot, and i have spider glands
[01:19:39]: [Resurrect Announcement] GetNerfedOn was resurrected by Touch Stone.
[01:19:41]: [Say] (KU_OYtV7iUY) Papa Canis: nevermind
-
[01:21:09]: [Say] (KU_MQ1XV0T5) GetNerfedOn: that fight was dumb
[01:21:23]: [Say] (KU_MQ1XV0T5) GetNerfedOn: managed to get one to low health by distracting them with food
[01:21:28]: [Say] (KU_MQ1XV0T5) GetNerfedOn: forgot armor
[01:21:34]: [Say] (KU_MQ1XV0T5) GetNerfedOn: fought them with a garland
[01:21:38]: [Say] (KU_MQ1XV0T5) GetNerfedOn: rip

Bonus:

Spoiler

[01:27:24]: [Say] (KU_OYtV7iUY) Papa Canis: michael jackson sounding head*ss
[01:27:51]: [Say] (KU_MQ1XV0T5) GetNerfedOn: HEE HEE
[01:27:59]: [Say] (KU_OYtV7iUY) Papa Canis: A CHA- HOOW!

i was once playing willow in shipwrecked. i had a base on an island, and first time coming to hurricane season. my base was struck by lightning, and part of my base was burned to the ground.

i then, instead of building a lightning rod, rebuilded my base, which was immidiatly burned down by a lightning strike. after having made the base for the third time, willow decided to burn my base down.

Recently when going for Fuelweaver: We left the ancient key in the guardian's chest. Then, we talked about who should go grab the key and we both went to the ruins. I thought my partner was going to get it, so I just did some crafting at the station and returned. In the end we were both at the atrium and no one got the key so we had to do some massive backtracking. That was awkward.

me and a friend once went to kill the ancient guardian.

we decided we should get him stuck on a pillar. turns out that none of the pillars could be used to get him stuck on, so we try to get him stuck on a grave.

after not being able to do that, we where about to go back to our base, when we notice a pillar we hadn't tried to get him stuck on. we get the attention of the guardian, and we lure him to the pillar.

we go behind the pillar and get him stuck on it.

after trying to attack him, which we aren't good at, we decide to go back to the surface.

but...

we realize that we can't go out!

we where trapped!

we died in the ruins, trapped behind a pillar.

I've done so many stupid things I can't list everything here. So I'm gonna go with "ate taffy with less than 3 hp and died".

Maybe I'll update this post if I remember something more glorious than my taffy-death.

I made 4 farms as Wormwood, before I realised how stupid I am. This was in singleplayer so atleast no one was around to see my failure.

I lost count of how many times I accidentally used 2 sticks in a recipe and gotten wet goop as a result. I never learn.

Cooking the monster meat as Webber because I forget he can eat them raw. The same goes for raw fish as the other characters.

Making a tent as Wickerbottom, then realise I can't use it.

Archived