Indestructable POI still not fixed?! ever?!

I know I could use sandbox mode or mod to remove it, but I am sooo surprised that the devs have not yet fixed this issue in the base game. It logically makes no sense that we cannot deconstruct these furnitures which often obstruct ladders, rooms, paths, etc. 

Could I please have some insight into why the devs believe these sofas, desks and doors are indestructible please?

Not agreeing with that it's necessarily broken, but I would like to be able to remove or move POI furniture that I don't want.

Simply having it drop a special item allowing for POI to be constructed elsewhere is enough. E.g. demolishing the couch drops a couch kit to build elsewhere. Let me put a couch in my breakroom!

1 minute ago, chemie said:

that's what mods are for...all those things the dev couldn't be bothered but really are needed

My thoughts on modding is that it provide a "different" approach to some aspect of the game, which some players would find interesting while others may not. However, in this case, I would consider the current situation as "broken" and should be fixed. Because there is no reason (unless the devs decided to notify us why) sofas, lamps, doors are indestructible. It should be considered a bug rather than a feature.

11 minutes ago, Z0366 said:

My thoughts on modding is that it provide a "different" approach to some aspect of the game, which some players would find interesting while others may not. However, in this case, I would consider the current situation as "broken" and should be fixed. Because there is no reason (unless the devs decided to notify us why) sofas, lamps, doors are indestructible. It should be considered a bug rather than a feature.

to each there own.  they have been that way since they were introduced, so I see the mod as giving that different approach to gameplay

46 minutes ago, Loscil2 said:

If modders can do it, why doesn't the devs do it? This is more like a """feature""" that is intended and/or wontfix.

Because there plenty of more important things for them to fix. This just may not be a high priority fix.

1 hour ago, Z0366 said:

I would say using mods in these situations is avoiding a problem rather than solving it. I'm not against modding, but I do enjoy more the problem solving aspect of this type of games. Also I do my best to avoid using mods that alter savefiles or will break the game when disabled for obvious reasons.

18 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

I find it quite ridiculous for a snack machine to be made of neutronium, the same thing that was made almost unrefinable and unbreakable.

Imagine when the snack machine fails to deliver your snack and it remains stuck at the end of the rail.

You then try to punch it.

Ouch.

22 hours ago, Z0366 said:

Could I please have some insight into why the devs believe these sofas, desks and doors are indestructible please?

I'm fairly certain that Klei wants to force their game to look less uniform, so POIs accomplish that by forcibly breaking your design plans. It's likely a similar story with why most buildings can't be rotated by default.

So yes there's no objective reason. Player annoyance is part of Klei's design philosophy but this isn't Don't Starve. On the other hand, this game gives you incredible control and a relatively huge map so the control that POIs take away might not be a big deal for a very long time.

19 hours ago, Bobasour said:

Because there plenty of more important things for them to fix. This just may not be a high priority fix.

Would it take more than, lets say, 5 minutes to deal with this?

I think Klei consider it a feature, not something to fix (unfortunately).

I believe at some point they expected people to do creative stuff with it like @Lilalaunekuh did with his aquarium. But well, not many people seemed interested in Gravitas facility the way it is.

I can list some annoyances that keep me away from it:

*We can't expand the building properly (aesthetically speaking) because we can't build the tiled tile.

*We can't deconstruct it properly because of the remaining floating objects.

*We can't use it properly as a regular room because the ground is uneven and having dupes passing through it all the time is less optimal than a straight line.

*Nothing inside the facility presents functionality, in game use or any sort of valor.

Solving at least one of the issues above makes room for creativity. Right now it's just an obstacle, the most resilient boulder we have in the game.

Soooo, which mod fixes this issue properly?

TBH, this game is silly in regard to these types of nuisances.   Even though I normally dislike mods, this game has pushed me to use several to fix what I consider bugs and design flaws.   POI, lack of proper zoom out, airlocks that don't behave like real airlocks, falling sand combined with stupid AI that make dupes trap themselves, etc.  Oh yeah... and dupes dropping items to go eat/sleep but don't continue the job after waking up... but I still have not seen a mod to fix that.

3 hours ago, zOldBulldog said:

Soooo, which mod fixes this issue properly?

TBH, this game is silly in regard to these types of nuisances.   Even though I normally dislike mods, this game has pushed me to use several to fix what I consider bugs and design flaws.   POI, lack of proper zoom out, airlocks that don't behave like real airlocks, falling sand combined with stupid AI that make dupes trap themselves, etc.  Oh yeah... and dupes dropping items to go eat/sleep but don't continue the job after waking up... but I still have not seen a mod to fix that.

there are mods for most of these.  deconstructable Poi , dig fallen sand, auto send dups to med cot, enhanced zoom,  full airlock (I dont like that one but each person can define what qol vs cheat is to them).

I have 22 mods installed, all QOL focused

The gravitas building is not indestructibly you can melt all the parts of it with molten steel run through a refinery. Though considering the lengths you have to go to achieve this result, using a mod is a much saner plan. (Though surprisingly not as difficult as you would think) I still think Keli will get around to making them destructible (in an easier fashion) in the future.

1 hour ago, JohnFrancis said:

The gravitas building is not indestructibly you can melt all the parts of it with molten steel

If it was the case I would be happy and wouldn´t complain about POI´s.

Many POI´s were changed to not consist of neutronium, but if my memory serves me well:

There are stil POI´s made of neutronium in the game.

[I know the neural vascilator is still made of neutronium and I am not sure what else ...]

17 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

There are stil POI´s made of neutronium in the game.

I think it's down to Lockers, vending machines and the table by the vending machine. But the gravitas building and all it's furniture at the top of the map are either granite or steel. That's the only POI that annoys me as it regularly gets in the way or Scanners, rockets, solar and usually my transport spine.

22 hours ago, JohnFrancis said:

The gravitas building is not indestructibly you can melt all the parts of it with molten steel run through a refinery.

Yeah, I voted "Melt it" in your survey and I felt avenged to see you doing it the hard way. You are our industrial god, I don't dare doing it myself. :D

On 9/24/2019 at 11:54 AM, BaloneyOs said:

I'm fairly certain that Klei wants to force their game to look less uniform, so POIs accomplish that by forcibly breaking your design plans. It's likely a similar story with why most buildings can't be rotated by default.

So yes there's no objective reason. Player annoyance is part of Klei's design philosophy but this isn't Don't Starve. On the other hand, this game gives you incredible control and a relatively huge map so the control that POIs take away might not be a big deal for a very long time.

I dont know if you have had a case where a desk is right in the long fire pole+ladder hall way and I have to go around it, or that it sits right on top of a geyser. If POI is supposed to function like an obstacle,  it would make far more sense if Klei puts Neutronium boulders instead. They can be made of different shapes and is far more acceptable to players as a natural obstacle in sci-fi game. Right?

On 9/25/2019 at 12:15 PM, JohnFrancis said:

The gravitas building is not indestructibly you can melt all the parts of it with molten steel run through a refinery. Though considering the lengths you have to go to achieve this result, using a mod is a much saner plan. (Though surprisingly not as difficult as you would think) I still think Keli will get around to making them destructible (in an easier fashion) in the future.

I do use that method to produce natural tiles for parks. But having to do it to destroy a sofa, it just feels so not sci-fi. One second I felt like I am a colony commander and the next second this annoyance pulled me out of my immersion. It is more of a "player experience" issue. If the devs makes these silly features that stop the players from believing the world in the way devs hope to, then I cannot qualify such features as good.

2 hours ago, Z0366 said:

I dont know if you have had a case where a desk is right in the long fire pole+ladder hall way and I have to go around it, or that it sits right on top of a geyser. If POI is supposed to function like an obstacle,  it would make far more sense if Klei puts Neutronium boulders instead. They can be made of different shapes and is far more acceptable to players as a natural obstacle in sci-fi game. Right?

I do use that method to produce natural tiles for parks. But having to do it to destroy a sofa, it just feels so not sci-fi. One second I felt like I am a colony commander and the next second this annoyance pulled me out of my immersion. It is more of a "player experience" issue. If the devs makes these silly features that stop the players from believing the world in the way devs hope to, then I cannot qualify such features as good.

Speaking of obstacles, i find geysers to be the main one to worry about.

Archived