Indestructable POI still not fixed?! ever?!

On 25/09/2019 at 6:15 PM, JohnFrancis said:

The gravitas building is not indestructibly you can melt all the parts of it with molten steel run through a refinery.

Well I've done something similar, using gold volcano. Indeed I needed this chandelier to disappear because that was on my path to build solar panels area. I've been mopping gold for hours, then dropping it on the bottom of this stuff. It takes so much time, I would never do it again. Others smaller chandeliers are annoying too so I had to bypass them. I agree with the OP...

On 9/27/2019 at 6:29 AM, Z0366 said:

I dont know if you have had a case where a desk is right in the long fire pole+ladder hall way and I have to go around it, or that it sits right on top of a geyser. If POI is supposed to function like an obstacle,  it would make far more sense if Klei puts Neutronium boulders instead. They can be made of different shapes and is far more acceptable to players as a natural obstacle in sci-fi game. Right?

Yeah I share your frustration when it comes to base building. How I've come to view this is that they wanted obstacles such as these but with varied appearances and rewards, so we ended up with POIs and geysers instead of just more neutronium tiles. This game also seems to put more of a positive spin on nature so while geysers are basically a no-brainer positive, the Gravitas stuff is supposed to feel like yesterday's trash (much like plastic in the ocean) and its permanence alludes to the lasting damage caused by humans.

So depending on how you look at it, POIs are designed to piss you off from every possible angle and appears to have been working as intended.

Archived