Jump to content

The holy grale of bad seeds


Recommended Posts

I were just looking for a new and challenging seed.

After excluding more and more water sources I was able to find a single map without any.

[No Steam/ No Water / No Polluted Water / No Salt Water]

https://toolsnotincluded.net/map-tools/map-browser/map/66337

BADLANDS - 1147700716

 

Or could anyone show me a worse seed ? [Except one where the printing pod is inside an obsidian boulder^^]

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Its not that bad. You´ve got plenty of nat gas geysers. So, free power, and p-water als byproduct. It may be a hard start, but its manageable. 2 of them are sitting just below the starting area. So rush through the tech tree, before running out of water, and get to the geysers. From that point, it should go well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 0xFADE said:

Oh that tool shows the celestial bodies?  Very nice. I’d rather not play on one missing some good ones. 

That is a pretty bad seed but don’t they still always have the 2 non hidden steam geysers?

It depends on what biomes you have, but each map should have atleast one cool steam vent. Sometimes geysers spawn too close to the walls or close to a POI(point of interest) and get deleted

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SharraShimada said:

Its not that bad. You´ve got plenty of nat gas geysers. So, free power, and p-water als byproduct. It may be a hard start, but its manageable. 2 of them are sitting just below the starting area. So rush through the tech tree, before running out of water, and get to the geysers. From that point, it should go well.

The main issue that those natural gas vents generate around 363.7 g/s water, which is really not very much.

What is needed is mass exploitation of oil wells with a petroleum or sour gas boiler.  With a petroleum boiler, you can get 250 g/s water profit without slicksters or 428.5 g/s water profit.  With sour gas boilers, you can get 675 g/s water profit without slicksters or 828 water g/s profit with slicksters.  And that is per oil well.  With all those volcanos you have, building a sour gas boiler should not be a problem.  With the 10 oil wells on the map, you could be reasonably producing 4285 g/s water or 8280 g/s water, though keep in mind that sour gas boilers take up a lot of space via natural gas generators.

Arbor trees are also your friends as well, as they are water positive if they are natural grown or you use slicksters.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Holy hеll balls! Now that's a map to crunch into. If you don't have wild oxyferns, you're boned.

But you can plant lot of free arbor trees and make tons of PW, but since badlands don't have forest biome, this one is painful!

There is living planet, but man that thing would be really something to get to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, 0xFADE said:

That is a pretty bad seed but don’t they still always have the 2 non hidden steam geysers?

It depends on what biomes are present on your map.  Exposed geysers will generally have an output that is in the "above average" segment of the bricked over geyser's possible range.

If your map has Swamp Biomes, you are guaranteed 1 exposed Cool Steam Geyser, and 1 exposed NatGas Geyser.

If your map has Tide Pool Biomes (*note* NOT a Sub-surface Ocean), you are guaranteed 1 exposed Salt Water Geyser.

If your map has Caustic Biomes, you are guaranteed 1 exposed Cool Steam Geyser, and 1 additional exposed geyser -- a 50/50 chance between a NatGas Geyser, or a Chlorine Geyser.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Jackblac said:

It depends on what biomes you have, but each map should have atleast one cool steam vent. Sometimes geysers spawn too close to the walls or close to a POI(point of interest) and get deleted

 

Each map should spawn at least 2 cool steam vents, but the seed I posted is the only one where both are overwritten.

=> I couldn´t find any seed with a lower (direct) water output.

 

8 hours ago, DarkMoge said:
12 hours ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

[Except one where the printing pod is inside an obsidian boulder^^]

pfff, what about starting next to an open active volcano where you dupes die on cycle 1.

If we consider the minimum distance for a volcano to spawn and that a volcano doesn´t spawn flooded with magma.

=> It easy to build a (diagonal) vaccum insulated wall even cycle 1-3^^

[But if you found such a map I would love to try it, even if it´s a "normal" map after capping the heat source.]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

If we consider the minimum distance for a volcano to spawn and that a volcano doesn´t spawn flooded with magma.

=> It easy to build a (diagonal) vaccum insulated wall even cycle 1-3^^

[But if you found such a map I would love to try it, even if it´s a "normal" map after capping the heat source.]

Sadly, it is mostly me theorizing. I have seen many times your printing pod having a connection into a different biome, straight to a geyser of some sort without any blocks inbetween. I have also seen magma filled volcanoes fail to spawn obsidian around themselves. So, there is a seed somewhere out there that will have both of those conditions met, where your printing pod is connected to flowing lava.

This is seed is not what I promised, but I think that you might like this one though: VOLCA-887240319-0 
It actually looks survivable, but it has miscalculated printing pod location, where you spawn in the corner of a map between space and magma channel. Also, your expansion attempts are kind of blocked by the layer of obsidian and abbysalite to the west. Also, this seed has geysers, but they are in pretty terrible spots... 2 of your water geysers are pretty much surrounded by a circle of lava... Trying to reach oil is just as tough. Only 1 geyser spawns next to your base, which might not actually be a good thing, all other happen to be on the other side of the map.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, DarkMoge said:

Sadly, it is mostly me theorizing.

If you know how to build a vacuum insulated wall (without using pumps), you will be able to cap a volcano before their is enough magma to bother you.

[Build 3 layers and deconstruct the middle layer^^]

=> It sounds like the possibilty for a bad map, but in reality it´s just changing what you do in the first few cycles.

[Cap the heat source and proceed as normal^^.]

 

5 hours ago, DarkMoge said:

This is seed is not what I promised, but I think that you might like this one though: VOLCA-887240319-0 
It actually looks survivable, but it has miscalculated printing pod location ...

 

Sry, but I stopped reading after micalculated printing pod^^

[The only trait I don´t want to play at all^^]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

If you know how to build a vacuum insulated wall (without using pumps), you will be able to cap a volcano before their is enough magma to bother you.

[Build 3 layers and deconstruct the middle layer^^]

You are forgetting some things to consider... First of all, you have a bunch of magma flowing towards your printing pod right from the start. While your 3 starting duplicants might escape by digging in a different direction. You can delay the magma by building a few tiles, but you do not have technology to vacuum isolate it at cycle 1 (do not forget that magma melts sandstone and that you would need to build a waterlock, before you can even try to vacuum it that way). As the result, your printing pod would be flooded in magma quite quickly, while, you could say that it will quickly turn into igneous rock from all the surrounding mass and you would try to delete the heat by making dupes build something with it, keep in mind that it is surrounded with hot oxygen and other hot blocks. While trying to uncover your printing pod, you would also need to think about how to isolate the volcano, which would still have a bits of liquid magma around it and all the hot gasses.

Realistically, playing with that setup would devolve into playing with 3 dupes until you get access to atmo suits. If you can somehow stop them from trying to run towards printing pod when they get a new skill.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 07/09/2019 at 2:01 AM, Lilalaunekuh said:

Each map should spawn at least 2 cool steam vents, but the seed I posted is the only one where both are overwritten.

The Badlands and Arboria get 1 cool steam vent.  Since the swamp biome is missing from them, they don't get the two guaranteed geysers in the swamp biome.  So this map has that one vent being overridden.  The Badlands is also missing the tide pool biome, so it doesn't get the guaranteed salt water geyser.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8.9.2019 at 11:47 AM, DarkMoge said:

Realistically, playing with that setup would devolve into playing with 3 dupes until you get access to atmo suits. If you can somehow stop them from trying to run towards printing pod when they get a new skill.

Ok, I did some more or less realistical testing:

A volcano spawns with 28 tiles of magma around it containing 1840kg each.

I started 3 maps and used debug to copy the volcano to the right of the printing pod. [20 tiles between the magma and the prebuild tiles.]

=> I copied the volcano into the starting biome, which is closer than it should ever spawn.

[I always ensured a passage for at least gas to transfer the temperature from the magma to my duplicants.]

 

=> It is/was doable, but if there is really a passage it´s more about blocking the gas transfer and "evacuating" my duplicants to the other side.

[I needed to leave the printing pod behind^^]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...