[Poll] Oh no, it's another poll

[Poll] Oh yeah, it is another poll  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as the next character refresh after Woodie?

• Wilson
    • Wolfgang
    • Wendy
    • WX-78
    • Wickerbottom
    • The Mime
    • Maxwell
    • Wigfrid
    • Webber
    • Wagstaff
    • Walani
    • The Monkey
    • Woodlegs
    • The Pig Princess
    • Wheeler
    • The Great Return of Warbucks

2 hours ago, maradyne said:

Given that she's able to manipulate the Constant with her books, and Maxwell can both use her magic and implies that it's similar to his own, maybe she was doing similar in the real world, but just didn't have the magic to work with?

Does that mean that Wickerbottom should technically be the role that Waverly should've been?

just because I noticed that people where talking about it, I want to clarify that it's Winona's board.

We see it in the next of kin short, the part in question is a zoomed out version of the shot 8 seonds in

image.thumb.png.b695e987eab8b041328de2c6d13fdc82.png

if we go to the very start of the video, we can see part of the board that's left off screen. 

image.thumb.png.5d4b74a2e934a3fc3dba810c756c7c60.png

Note that, not only is a large portion of the bored dedicated to Charlie, but there's even a family photo of when Charlie and winona where young. Between these two things, The Voxola application in the first shot, and the fact that it's Winona's short. We can easally deduce that It's Winona's board and that she never gave up on finding her sister.

Woodie, Wendy and then by the looks of it klei will go the opposite direction, possibly downgrading Wolfgang, Wx-78, Wicker

(P.S. Woodie refreshed is most likely to be release at the end of September which isn't too far from October 14th the day of Canadian thanksgiving)

All these votes for Wendy after Woodie, I just hope this.

Post-Wendy rework, she won't play too much differently, I'd rather not have to completely change my playstyle due to a complete overhaul of a character. I feel like she doesn't need too many changes, mainly just commandable abigail.

And lets just say alot of the suggestions I've seen for her rework I really disagree with, as I feel they would do such.

52 minutes ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

They teased a boat based character in one of the dev streams, Woodlegs for me, SHIP CANNONS YEEEE

Klei: boat

Community: Hmm yes, boat.

Klei: pranked we mean board here's Walani

12 minutes ago, minespatch said:

What if it's a literal boat?

boat-chan new best girl
I mean we already have mods for it, so why not?

Nah, but...boat-themed character? It sounds like we're getting Woodlegs then. Which I'd love; it's likely that if they were going to introduce more boats and boat accessories, they would do it around his release.
Also, that makes it seem like Klei might just be planning to port over the whole SW cast at this rate? WHICH WOULD BE A DREAM

...or maybe the terrors of the Shipwrecked seas have turned Walani from a chill surfer gal to a grizzled sea captain with two eye-patches. They did change up Warly somewhat, after all.

31 minutes ago, maradyne said:

boat-chan new best girl

Nah, but...boat-themed character? It sounds like we're getting Woodlegs then. Which I'd love; it's likely that if they were going to introduce more boats and boat accessories, they would do it around his release.
Also, that makes it seem like Klei might just be planning to port over the whole SW cast at this rate? WHICH WOULD BE A DREAM

...or maybe the terrors of the Shipwrecked seas have turned Walani from a chill surfer gal to a grizzled sea captain with two eye-patches. They did change up Warly somewhat, after all.

image.png.78d175682b5e9531ba55c204be3bd0e6.png

Yeah no, we're not just gonna not talk about this.

1 hour ago, maradyne said:

boat-chan new best girl

1 hour ago, Canis said:

image.png.78d175682b5e9531ba55c204be3bd0e6.png

Yeah no, we're not just gonna not talk about this.

1 hour ago, maradyne said:

5d65c580707fd_napalmstrike.png.40339b3192ff1026fc98933deb6f49d2.png

alright, that's enough. Back on topic.

1 hour ago, Troppok said:

Team value.

So like crafting balloons to slow teamates hunger and boost their dmg. While not affecting his own gameplay. Stays challenging for him, yet not a detriment to others.

the only wes rework I want is the option the choose what balloon to create, and more balloons options.

No buffing nor nerfing the team

On 8/28/2019 at 1:41 PM, trinket_4 said:

the only wes rework I want is the option the choose what balloon to create, and more balloons options.

No buffing nor nerfing the team

Well I'm just saying in a public lobby were I'm willing to help out anyone. Wes is like a bottomless pit to feed.. like I'm busting my meatballs here bud!

I really, really hope Wendy isn't next. And if she is, I hope the changes are small--much smaller than Winona's, Willow's, or Warly's. The only thing I want from Wendy is for Abigail to prioritize Woven Shadows over the Ancient Fuelweaver (and maybe also target/destroy the Unseen Hands). I could tolerate some novelties like being neutral to / able to befriend Ghosts or a bonus to crafting resurrection items, but it's really really important that the core combat principle (having Abigail draw aggro while Wendy identifies and focuses the biggest threats to Abigail) be preserved. I don't even particularly want quality-of-life buffs to Abby's AI; having to master the quirks of Abby's self-destructive impulses is an important part of reaching Wendy's skill ceiling, and it is also an excellent thematic complement to a character whose aesthetic revolves around nihilism and suicidal ideation.

I think most of the people looking for a Wendy rework are not actually Wendy mains, and are thus not really the demographic that would be best served by a Wendy rework. They are generally folks who have not put in a great deal of time on her, and are frustrated by Abigail's fragility and foolishness. The majority of my 3000+ hours have been spent on Wendy, and I think, in her current state, she's probably the closest to ideal balance of the whole cast. She has clear strengths and weaknesses, but her strengths are situational and her weaknesses are meaningfully broad, which encourages her to specialize and find a niche to survive. All survivor designs should be following her example, if the goal is truly an uncompromising wilderness survival experience.

My vote is for Wes next. I want him to stay as a challenge character, but I also want him to have some reason to be played other than to flex. In his current state, I don't even think he's really the most challenging character; Maxwell is squishier, and Wormwood is probably effectively squishier due to his healing restrictions, which means they allow less room for error than Wes does and generally provide greater challenge.

4 hours ago, Swanky Psammead said:

I really, really hope Wendy isn't next. And if she is, I hope the changes are small--much smaller than Winona's, Willow's, or Warly's. The only thing I want from Wendy is for Abigail to prioritize Woven Shadows over the Ancient Fuelweaver (and maybe also target/destroy the Unseen Hands). I could tolerate some novelties like being neutral to / able to befriend Ghosts or a bonus to crafting resurrection items, but it's really really important that the core combat principle (having Abigail draw aggro while Wendy identifies and focuses the biggest threats to Abigail) be preserved. I don't even particularly want quality-of-life buffs to Abby's AI; having to master the quirks of Abby's self-destructive impulses is an important part of reaching Wendy's skill ceiling, and it is also an excellent thematic complement to a character whose aesthetic revolves around nihilism and suicidal ideation.

I think most of the people looking for a Wendy rework are not actually Wendy mains, and are thus not really the demographic that would be best served by a Wendy rework. They are generally folks who have not put in a great deal of time on her, and are frustrated by Abigail's fragility and foolishness. The majority of my 3000+ hours have been spent on Wendy, and I think, in her current state, she's probably the closest to ideal balance of the whole cast. She has clear strengths and weaknesses, but her strengths are situational and her weaknesses are meaningfully broad, which encourages her to specialize and find a niche to survive. All survivor designs should be following her example, if the goal is truly an uncompromising wilderness survival experience.

My vote is for Wes next. I want him to stay as a challenge character, but I also want him to have some reason to be played other than to flex. In his current state, I don't even think he's really the most challenging character; Maxwell is squishier, and Wormwood is probably effectively squishier due to his healing restrictions, which means they allow less room for error than Wes does and generally provide greater challenge.

This right here. ^

I've spent a majority of time on her, and I'm hoping by the end of this I'll still want to play her. Especially since I shelled out for all of her heads. :wilson_cry:

Archived