[Game Update] - 359645

• Developer
  • Wheezewort and Oxyfern no longer show 'effects' in the planting screen
  • Fix the aspect of the thumbnail in the colony summaries
  • Correctly check all logic networks for logic achievements
  • Tiles can now replace ladders, plastic ladders, and firepoles. (But not the other way around.)
  • Timelapse sizes are now based on constructed buildings so are more stable between cycles
  • Add a Colony Initiative, Easy Livin'
  • Updated Russian and Chinese translations
  • Nosh Sprout previews in planter boxes are the correct height
  • Skill point notifications are less permanent (similar to attribute increases)
  • Added notification when Database Entry is unlocked
  • Improved tooltips on many of the sidescreens with sliders on them (power threshold, critter sensor, etc)
  • Critter sensor tooltip and description now agree on when the sensor activates
  • Video sound is affected by Master volume control
  • Game will no longer freeze during timelapsing if there is no Printing Pod present

View full update

• Like 12
  • Thanks 11

• Developer
8 minutes ago, Lifegrow said:

Still no news on any performance fixes ?

I should probably put this in a top post somewhere instead of replying in individual threads but: We're looking into performance, yes. Overall performance (i.e. lategame and minspec) is still something we're hammering on, though we can't make predictions about progress. But if there's particular parts of the game triggering bad performance for you, please feel free to @ipsquiggle it in a post or make a bug for it. We do want the game to run better. :)  

• Like 26
  • Thanks 6
  • Sad 1

@Ipsquiggle

Dupes "pondering" for 5 seconds between jobs. 

Various overlays (harvest, liquid piping, gas piping are the worst offenders) taking 5-10 seconds to open/close.

FPS dive-bombing into the dirt during pan/zoom.

And just general all round low FPS/game stuttering on a gaming rig that's twiddling its thumbs.

These aren't new complaints/issues - they've been mentioned repeatedly since pre-launch patches.

PM me for a save.

Edited by Lifegrow
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 4

40 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

I should probably put this in a top post somewhere instead of replying in individual threads but: We're looking into performance, yes. Overall performance (i.e. lategame and minspec) is still something we're hammering on, though we can't make predictions about progress. But if there's particular parts of the game triggering bad performance for you, please feel free to @ipsquiggle it in a post or make a bug for it. We do want the game to run better. :)  

Are Klei happy with the current germ system or might we see a re-design/tweak in an update or DLC? Also is there a fix in the works for the zoomed in Tech-tree caused by UI scaling?

Edited by Moonkis
  • Like 7

If we're gonna talk game changes, I would primarily like to see some more fix-focused things like this patch for now. For example, the bug where boiling faster can cause more of the secondary output to be made cause the game apparently applies the conversion extra times from not realizing it already handled it as boiling is supposed to take 5 ticks. Or the bug where solidifying materials can lose their temperature joining debris (this one can screw up volcano harvesting, which I plan to be doing in my current base). 100t stack size extra-deletion bug also isn't too great with lumber being a mainstay of forest starts.

Oh, and the rust biome is a mess. Saltvines and squeaky pufts run out of chlorine in like 5 cycles. Dreckos have nothing to eat to begin with, and slowly freeze to death. Squeakies breed into regular pufts, and then nosh sprouts all get too warm because the biome was barely cold enough for them to start with and nothing in it deletes heat. Really needs a drecko variant that produces cold chlorine or something.

Edited by Nebbie
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Skill point notifications are less permanent (similar to attribute increases)

A better way would be to show the notification only if it matters. In other words, if the dupe didn't have any skill point to spend and now it has. In that case, I want to know (and IMO the notification even should be the kind that has to be dismissed). But if the dupe still has 4 unspent skill points, a notification about one more is useless and thus just annoying, and that's what was wrong about it.

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, Nebbie said:

Oh, and the rust biome is a mess. Saltvines and squeaky pufts run out of chlorine in like 5 cycles. Dreckos have nothing to eat to begin with, and slowly freeze to death. Squeakies breed into regular pufts, and then nosh sprouts all get too warm because the biome was barely cold enough for them to start with and nothing in it deletes heat. Really needs a drecko variant that produces cold chlorine or something.

Nosh bean variant Drecko: If they eat Nosh beans they produce impressive amounts of pure chlorine farts (Beans, beans the magical fruit; the more you eat, the more you toot.) that are within the nosh bean and salt vine temperature ranges. If they splash around in puddles of ethanol, they produce rust scales. In order to create the variant, normal Dreckos have to eat salt vines, not nosh beans. Eating nosh beans as a nosh drecko raises the chances of making nosh drecko eggs, while all the other edibles remain for their chances of making the other drecko species.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Machenoid said:

Nosh bean variant Drecko: If they eat Nosh beans they produce impressive amounts of pure chlorine farts (Beans, beans the magical fruit; the more you eat, the more you toot.) that are within the nosh bean and salt vine temperature ranges. If they splash around in puddles of ethanol, they produce rust scales. In order to create the variant, normal Dreckos have to eat salt vines, not nosh beans. Eating nosh beans as a nosh drecko raises the chances of making nosh drecko eggs, while all the other edibles remain for their chances of making the other drecko species.

I like this idea

1 hour ago, SixbySix said:

Can you fix the ready to land notification like the skill notification?  Mine never seem to go away.

Yeah I had trouble with that too. I've never launched rockets before but found this rather odd there is no way to cancel the notification unless you save/load. 

Another thing is that sometimes my rancher will stop grooming a particular hatch for no reason, and I have to save/load. This one is easy to overlook if you don't mouse over your hatches on a regular basis to see the glum one. 

I know it's being worked on and you have bigger pacu to fry after release, but there's a LOT of people waiting on the modding information post. Great update as always, any info on how that's coming along? 

Edited by LuteroK

3 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Improved tooltips on many of the sidescreens with sliders on them (power threshold, critter sensor, etc)

That's the first thing I noticed with this update. Or more specifically the first thing I noticed was people telling me it broke my mod :o

Turns out that all I had to do was adding the same tooltip method, which was almost just copy pasting the tooltip code. I wish all bugfixes were this easy. Can I have that as a feature request? All new bugs must be easy to fix :D

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wyza said:

I have no idea how much work time is lost due to this, but it's massive.

You can check it from the reports screen. Open it from top left(lightning icon), hover over one of the duplicant time usage % and it shows a huge tooltip. One of those is ponder and is the total amount all of your dupes spent pondering that cycle

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ellilea said:

This one is the bane of colony existence D:

How many dupes do you have?

I feel like I'm the only person who has either never had this happened, or just never noticed/cared.  That said, I run with an extremely low number of dupes for most of the game, at 4.  Only take more when I just need to stuff them into rockets and leave them there for the rest of their lives, i.e. eternity.

I don't like low-dupe colonies, they feel like such a slog and also no challenge/no need to ever push your resources or design big, fancy bases, it's so boring. I have 20 dupes.

Edited by Ellilea