Anyone Else Gets Spooked From Penguins Jumping Out Of The Sea

4 minutes ago, RogueGamer12 said:

Honestly, they make me jump. They're clearly the most scariest thing in the game. 

RIGHT??? Man, I thought I was the only one. Glad to know I'm not the only one that gets startled by them.

Sometimes, when I play late at night, half asleep, ready to nod off, Im just walking through the frozen wasteland, everything is calm, and peaceful, and quiet...

SPLASH!

QUACKQUACKQUACKQUACKQUACKQUACKQUACKQUACKQUACKQUACKQUACK-

Those are one of the few DS/T moments that actually make me jump.

They are SUCH  a jumpscare, even when I know it's winter and I'm walking close to the coast. But by far the DS/T sound effect that creeps me out the most is:

HUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHH

out of the darkness on a cold winter night.  Even when you KNOW Clopsy is gonna show up and he's right on schedule, it's still just the ickiest sound.  It sounds like the darkness is heavy-breathing down your neck. Geh.

Especially when this is a LATER winter and you can no longer count on "Night 30", but he could show up on _any_ day of the season.  I think the best case I had with this situation was when I was totally unprepared, gathering stuff in the desert (as you do, in the dead of winter*) and...happened to be close enough to Dragonfly to sic them on each other.  XD

(What happened?  I dunno, it was dark and I got the CENSORED out of there!  : P)

...Notorious

*Actually this isn't that weird, when you consider that (a) winter drains sanity, cooked cactus helps it and (b) tumbleweeds never run out of grass and/or twigs. :)

Archived