New critter morph designs

1 hour ago, erny0507 said:

Hi, can someone answer a few question please?:

The current version with the dlc allows mods?

My mods run or break on said version?

DLC allows mods. They must have additional file added in the mod directory - mod_info.yaml.

I checked pacu morphs, they seem not to have this file and therefore cannot be used in the DLC

Current DLC version is 447728, but according to in-game timer, KLEI will release new version in 2 days

17 minutes ago, pether said:

DLC allows mods. They must have additional file added in the mod directory - mod_info.yaml.

I checked pacu morphs, they seem not to have this file and therefore cannot be used in the DLC

Current DLC version is 447728, but according to in-game timer, KLEI will release new version in 2 days

thanks, ill work on the next months on making them available for the dlc.

All my mods have been updated to the dlc, for the none dlc the previous version is used in the archive system, ill uses that until both, dlc and non dlc use the same methods and are compatible. Now ill resume my work on the devil puft, thanks for you patience.

Here are a few ideas for some plants/creatures. Their designs revolve around using higher end resources that would normally just pile up or would only make as needed, as well as expanding upon the concept of looking at heat as a resource rather than something to get rid of.  I also like the concept of having to restock the atmo / actively manage the temps in stables/farms.

Plants
-- Electric --
structure - looks like bog bucket
diet = Naptha and Sucrose
atmo = Hydrogen (consume atmo as well)
temp range - 65-90F (Could produce or consume heat). lore.  produces heat during conversion of naptha to petrol or consumes or heat is required for the chemical reaction of converting naptha to Petrol.  Haven't decided yet.  The point is that it will require temperature management to stay within plants living range. 
// plant growth and temp change might be linked to intensity of light.  possible interaction with certain shine bugs?
harvest = Petrolium
electricity produced proportional to intensity of light (same mechanic as solar panels)  // Could get light straight from sun like solar panels, could use sun lamp to mimic and power using petrol, could use solar to charge battery bank to run sun lamps for constant uptime.  many options.

--Coral--
structure - similar to Arbor tree in concept sort of. 3 wide 2 tall. central trunk, branches grow in top corners. Branches are harvested. Possible interaction with Tropical Pacu?
diet = saltwater/Brine and Ceramic (ideal) / possibly sedimentary (aqua slickster produced) or Mafic (new critter produces) / Algae (makes sense, but feels too easy)
Atmo = salt water/water. Branches require salt water to grow, Trunk requires CO2 to "breath" like a dupe (have breath bar) (have to create a system to give branches salt water and trunk CO2, like waves.  raise and lower water level to alternate growth/breathing.  should be many interesting designs)
Temp range - (tight range, near tropical Pacu temps)
Harvest = Fossil

--Rusty Rose--
structure - could use bristle blossom base model and put some red on it
Diet = Ethonal / Refined Iron / Oxygen environment (consumes)
Atmo = Oxygen (consumes)
Temp range = 15-40F
harvest = Rust

Creatures
-Slugs-
--Naptha Slug--
Diet = Plastic
atmo = Sour gas (consumes atmo)
Produces Naptha - lines up onto a pipe (like plug slug on power line) and pumps out Naptha during the night (amount TBD). Naptha temp based on temp of Sour gas consumed temp range - 100F+
evolve path - Plug slug in Sour gas increase chance of Naptha slug.

--Thermal slugs--
Diet = Refined metal
atmo = any
temp range = (based on which evolve path)
evolve path = plug slug kept at high or low temps
only works at set time of day, same as plug slug
Possible Concepts
1. Act as aquatuners/thermal regulators. 1 end is input, other is output. Could cool or heat up liquid/gas that passes through them. evolution path could dictate which type (heater or cooler). Diet would be refined metals. possible interaction with type of refined metal. Possibly get better transfer based on type of metal fed. Lead would be low end efficiency, thermium/niobium top end efficiency, everything else a range in between (based off themal conductivity of metal eaten). Hot version would draw heat from liquid gas that moves through it and radiate it into the surroundings.  Cold version would draw heat from surroundings and inject it into gas/liquid that passes through. slugs could be lined up in series to get something really hot or really cold, or in parallels to move more liquid/gas but with less temp change to it
2. Acts like a tepidizer or Space heater (but like a wheezwort). Takes in surrounding gas, expels it a set temperature higher. Could do the same for cooling as well.

-Drecko-
--Insulated Drecko--
Diet = Ceramic. Consumes heat as well from surroundings
Atmo = CO2 (consumes) (200F+)
Produces - Mafic rock
sheering = Insulation
scale growth = consuming live thimble reed
evolution path - feed thimble reed

-Hatches-
--Thermite hatches--
Diet = rust
Produces - Small amount of refined iron, large amount of heat for period of time after eating
Atmo - any
Evolve path - feed metal hatches aluminum

Thanks for your feedback. At the moment im not doing plants. Maybe in the future.

Thanks for the slugs ideas, ill have them in mind when ill do a morphs mod.

About the drecko, another concept that was given was a drecko that grows ceramic to sheer. When i do this I'll have to choose a concept, design and cycle of production.

Hatch, i'd a prehistoric hatch in the future, now with your idea, i dont get the usefulness of said cycle of production. 

18 hours ago, Sparkstorm said:

Here are a few ideas for some plants/creatures. Their designs revolve around using higher end resources that would normally just pile up or would only make as needed, as well as expanding upon the concept of looking at heat as a resource rather than something to get rid of.  I also like the concept of having to restock the atmo / actively manage the temps in stables/farms.

Plants
-- Electric --
structure - looks like bog bucket
diet = Naptha and Sucrose
atmo = Hydrogen (consume atmo as well)
temp range - 65-90F (Could produce or consume heat). lore.  produces heat during conversion of naptha to petrol or consumes or heat is required for the chemical reaction of converting naptha to Petrol.  Haven't decided yet.  The point is that it will require temperature management to stay within plants living range. 
// plant growth and temp change might be linked to intensity of light.  possible interaction with certain shine bugs?
harvest = Petrolium
electricity produced proportional to intensity of light (same mechanic as solar panels)  // Could get light straight from sun like solar panels, could use sun lamp to mimic and power using petrol, could use solar to charge battery bank to run sun lamps for constant uptime.  many options.

--Coral--
structure - similar to Arbor tree in concept sort of. 3 wide 2 tall. central trunk, branches grow in top corners. Branches are harvested. Possible interaction with Tropical Pacu?
diet = saltwater/Brine and Ceramic (ideal) / possibly sedimentary (aqua slickster produced) or Mafic (new critter produces) / Algae (makes sense, but feels too easy)
Atmo = salt water/water. Branches require salt water to grow, Trunk requires CO2 to "breath" like a dupe (have breath bar) (have to create a system to give branches salt water and trunk CO2, like waves.  raise and lower water level to alternate growth/breathing.  should be many interesting designs)
Temp range - (tight range, near tropical Pacu temps)
Harvest = Fossil

--Rusty Rose--
structure - could use bristle blossom base model and put some red on it
Diet = Ethonal / Refined Iron / Oxygen environment (consumes)
Atmo = Oxygen (consumes)
Temp range = 15-40F
harvest = Rust

Creatures
-Slugs-
--Naptha Slug--
Diet = Plastic
atmo = Sour gas (consumes atmo)
Produces Naptha - lines up onto a pipe (like plug slug on power line) and pumps out Naptha during the night (amount TBD). Naptha temp based on temp of Sour gas consumed temp range - 100F+
evolve path - Plug slug in Sour gas increase chance of Naptha slug.

--Thermal slugs--
Diet = Refined metal
atmo = any
temp range = (based on which evolve path)
evolve path = plug slug kept at high or low temps
only works at set time of day, same as plug slug
Possible Concepts
1. Act as aquatuners/thermal regulators. 1 end is input, other is output. Could cool or heat up liquid/gas that passes through them. evolution path could dictate which type (heater or cooler). Diet would be refined metals. possible interaction with type of refined metal. Possibly get better transfer based on type of metal fed. Lead would be low end efficiency, thermium/niobium top end efficiency, everything else a range in between (based off themal conductivity of metal eaten). Hot version would draw heat from liquid gas that moves through it and radiate it into the surroundings.  Cold version would draw heat from surroundings and inject it into gas/liquid that passes through. slugs could be lined up in series to get something really hot or really cold, or in parallels to move more liquid/gas but with less temp change to it
2. Acts like a tepidizer or Space heater (but like a wheezwort). Takes in surrounding gas, expels it a set temperature higher. Could do the same for cooling as well.

-Drecko-
--Insulated Drecko--
Diet = Ceramic. Consumes heat as well from surroundings
Atmo = CO2 (consumes) (200F+)
Produces - Mafic rock
sheering = Insulation
scale growth = consuming live thimble reed
evolution path - feed thimble reed

-Hatches-
--Thermite hatches--
Diet = rust
Produces - Small amount of refined iron, large amount of heat for period of time after eating
Atmo - any
Evolve path - feed metal hatches aluminum

The point of the Thermite hatch is the heat that it produces.  The heat itself is the resource.

Simplest use case is imagine a steam room under a turbine.  That steam room also happens to be a ranch with these guys in it.  The large amount of heat they produce then gets turned into electricity by the steam turbine.  The same thing could be used to boil water, convert crude into petrol, etc.  This could be aided with simple logic of, after eating -> find closest liquid (same as pacu) -> radiate heat

The resource train behind them is kind of tied into the Rusty Rose plant idea, since there is no way currently to produce rust.  

The long resource train =  Arbor trees (and everything that goes into supporting them/refining) (or ethonal slickters) -> Rusty Rose (requires ethonal, refined Iron (sustainably sourced from iron volcanoes), oxygen) -> produces rust for the hatches -> produces heat

Without the Rusty Rose (or something else that produces rust), this would at least give some use for the Rust you find on some planets.  Technically it can be used for O2, but usually it just piles up and is discarded for much easier O2 methods that are infinitely sustainable.

As for the Drecko that produces Ceramic, I find it less interesting since Ceramic can be produced pretty easily with a source of Clay (de odorizer or Aqua slickster).  I find it much more engaging to use ceramic as the consumable because of everything involved in sustainably automating its production.  Normal production chain would require you to have some constant source of Polluted O2 (P dirt or P water off gas) to convert into clay, which requires sand, which you could get from a rock crusher (requires having tamed a volcanoe in order to infinitely feed some igneous into a rock crusher) or from feeding P Dirt to a Pokeshell.  This would require a source of continuous P dirt, which could also be used in the new off gas machine to become the source of P O2 as well.  The P Dirt could also give you coal from sage hatches, which you would need for the refining of Ceramic in the Kiln.  You could get that P dirt from Ethonal production, which then require arbor trees... and the chain goes on.

To me, building those sort of resource conversion trains is vastly more interesting than a simple Drecko that gives me Ceramic.  Insulation is also much harder to get than Ceramic :P

On 2/15/2021 at 8:41 PM, Sparkstorm said:

The point of the Thermite hatch is the heat that it produces.  The heat itself is the resource.

Simplest use case is imagine a steam room under a turbine.  That steam room also happens to be a ranch with these guys in it.  The large amount of heat they produce then gets turned into electricity by the steam turbine.  The same thing could be used to boil water, convert crude into petrol, etc.  This could be aided with simple logic of, after eating -> find closest liquid (same as pacu) -> radiate heat

The resource train behind them is kind of tied into the Rusty Rose plant idea, since there is no way currently to produce rust.  

The long resource train =  Arbor trees (and everything that goes into supporting them/refining) (or ethonal slickters) -> Rusty Rose (requires ethonal, refined Iron (sustainably sourced from iron volcanoes), oxygen) -> produces rust for the hatches -> produces heat

Without the Rusty Rose (or something else that produces rust), this would at least give some use for the Rust you find on some planets.  Technically it can be used for O2, but usually it just piles up and is discarded for much easier O2 methods that are infinitely sustainable.

As for the Drecko that produces Ceramic, I find it less interesting since Ceramic can be produced pretty easily with a source of Clay (de odorizer or Aqua slickster).  I find it much more engaging to use ceramic as the consumable because of everything involved in sustainably automating its production.  Normal production chain would require you to have some constant source of Polluted O2 (P dirt or P water off gas) to convert into clay, which requires sand, which you could get from a rock crusher (requires having tamed a volcanoe in order to infinitely feed some igneous into a rock crusher) or from feeding P Dirt to a Pokeshell.  This would require a source of continuous P dirt, which could also be used in the new off gas machine to become the source of P O2 as well.  The P Dirt could also give you coal from sage hatches, which you would need for the refining of Ceramic in the Kiln.  You could get that P dirt from Ethonal production, which then require arbor trees... and the chain goes on.

To me, building those sort of resource conversion trains is vastly more interesting than a simple Drecko that gives me Ceramic.  Insulation is also much harder to get than Ceramic :P

Pretty instesting, but i have to think about it, cause sources of heat already exist, like volcanos, i suppose the difference would be, on demand.

Archived