New critter morph designs

17 hours ago, the adir842 said:

did i say something is wrong with it? just giving my opinion it looks cool and cute at the same time

its fine, it just seem you dismiss the design in certain details, anyways, the concept is final and i'll work on it. I still have to do the art of the food too.

On 11/8/2021 at 3:11 AM, erny0507 said:

i dont wanna be rude, i dont get what is wrong with it, or what do u suggest it should look like :S 

It's the roundness ( the half circles) of the "Plate back armor" + the animation movement motion. However, art is art and art is up to the artist ( you ) ...Looks nice my friend :p

BTW I love your profile avatar picture :)

12 hours ago, babba said:

It's the roundness ( the half circles) of the "Plate back armor" + the animation movement motion. However, art is art and art is up to the artist ( you ) ...Looks nice my friend :p

BTW I love your profile avatar picture :)

Oooh, the art is already into development, meaning i already worked on a few pieces i rather not change the concept any further.

And thanks, i love it.

On 11/6/2021 at 5:47 PM, erny0507 said:

Final design for the frosty drecko:

I love the artwork! However, when I look at it, it reminds me of red blood cells from "Once Upon a Time... Life" carrying oxygen (see spoiler below) and it feels like after shearing it should release oxygen, not give you frost. For ice/snow IMO you could do frosty fern fur or half-snowflake scales. But as @babba said - you are the boss here :)

Spoiler

Było sobie życie teraz także jako komiks - naEKRANIE.pl

Unrelated question - will you work on Plug Slugs from the DLC in the future? Those guys cry and beg for morphs

2 hours ago, pether said:

I love the artwork! However, when I look at it, it reminds me of red blood cells from "Once Upon a Time... Life" carrying oxygen (see spoiler below) and it feels like after shearing it should release oxygen, not give you frost. For ice/snow IMO you could do frosty fern fur or half-snowflake scales. But as @babba said - you are the boss here :)

Reveal hidden contents

Było sobie życie teraz także jako komiks - naEKRANIE.pl

Unrelated question - will you work on Plug Slugs from the DLC in the future? Those guys cry and beg for morphs

giving oxygen sounds cool, about plugs slugs, i supose, i trully have no idea how the morphs would be about

1 hour ago, erny0507 said:

about plugs slugs, i supose, i trully have no idea how the morphs would be about

Most common suggestion that appeared on the forums is to allow them to eat refined metals to morph into variant, that outputs even more power

I saw people suggesting they could eat ice, maybe that will give you some morph ideas?

You could also focus not on the diet but their function - they currently focus on power production, you could stay with that theme, and make versions that fart N.Gas or hot Steam for the turbines. Or you could make a morph that farts Ethanol gas - that would work as well as a power source after cooling.

They also look like they could enter Shearing Station to drop... maybe metal ores? Or other resources. But it sounds more invasive to their code than making cool artworks for morphs, so I'm not sure if you want to go this way

22 hours ago, pether said:

Most common suggestion that appeared on the forums is to allow them to eat refined metals to morph into variant, that outputs even more power

I saw people suggesting they could eat ice, maybe that will give you some morph ideas?

They don`t eat refined by default so i think one of the ores should cause them to make a morph that can. My suggestion would be gold amalgam since it`s basically a mix of metals rather than actual ore. Plus a golden slug would look pretty cool. The next step would be to feed it with depleted uranium for another radioactive morph that gives more power and can eat solid nuclear waste but produces significant radiation.

I`m not a huge fan of ice eating slugs but they could look pretty nice when white with some ice crystals.

Damn those ideas sound good. So far i get his:

* Refined metal slugs, extra power.

*Ice slug, normal output?

*Rad slug, extra power.

But my eyes are set out onto betas, i wanted to do insects for a while so lets see what is doable with them.

But all of this are ideas, im still trap on the last drecko, each body piece is harder then i thought to be honest, for the baby ill cut corners i think, since im super delayed and i still need to the new food!

If you wish for a variant of Beeta, it could probably bring granite or cobalt (as an ore or refined) to its hive in order to produce uranium ores at a ratio of 50% or something? I was told that granite have a bit of radioactivity by itself, but so low that it's safe to handle. Cobalt can also be turned into an isotope called Cobalt 60.

You lose the potential to refine uranium, but you get the ability to renew it in a non-refined state.

For its name, it could be something other than a mix of "Bee" and another word, such as wasp or bumblebee.

9 hours ago, Dovahkick said:

If you wish for a variant of Beeta, it could probably bring granite or cobalt (as an ore or refined) to its hive in order to produce uranium ores at a ratio of 50% or something? I was told that granite have a bit of radioactivity by itself, but so low that it's safe to handle. Cobalt can also be turned into an isotope called Cobalt 60.

You lose the potential to refine uranium, but you get the ability to renew it in a non-refined state.

For its name, it could be something other than a mix of "Bee" and another word, such as wasp or bumblebee.

thanks for the idea!

Hi guys, im not done yet with the frosty drecko, close though, a week or 2.

I have been thinking about a future mode, plants and food so i decided to remove the food part of the frosty drecko, since it no longer has that complement as part of the workflow it has, it needs to be re done.

As of now it will eat nosh bean/sleat wheat, we need ideas for the content of the scales/hair and the poop, any idea is welcome, thanks.

One posibility its that the hair are bubble of packed air that will burst when sheered.

Once that drecko is release i will post the details of the mod i wanna work on the future, i have many ideas but i dont wanna rush one thing and left another behind.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, erny0507 said:

we need ideas for the content of the scales/hair and the poop, any idea is welcome, thanks.

Does it have to differ so much from the regular Drecko?

It makes even more sense for a cold variant to produce Reed Fiber to insulate itself from the cold.  Pooping phosphorite still makes sense but this could be changed so that players want your variant over a regular Drecko.  Both Nosh Sprouts and Sleet Wheat require Dirt as fertilizer so perhaps the Frosty Dreckos could poop algae (with a lower conversion rate) or frozen mud (this would be DLC only).  Frozen Mud processed by a Sludge Press would cause output water to freeze, breaking the output pipe and possibly entombing the Press.

2 hours ago, tuxii said:

Does it have to differ so much from the regular Drecko?

It makes even more sense for a cold variant to produce Reed Fiber to insulate itself from the cold.  Pooping phosphorite still makes sense but this could be changed so that players want your variant over a regular Drecko.  Both Nosh Sprouts and Sleet Wheat require Dirt as fertilizer so perhaps the Frosty Dreckos could poop algae (with a lower conversion rate) or frozen mud (this would be DLC only).  Frozen Mud processed by a Sludge Press would cause output water to freeze, breaking the output pipe and possibly entombing the Press.

My mods dont exactly need to make sense, i have some freedom to not follow logic, no dlc content cause i dont wanna make something that some player cant experience.

Ill be using this https://oni-db.com/explore/elements to explore what elements might be useful

Idea, what if the sheerable is a lot of cold oxygen, and the poop is Isoresin in very small quantities.

Archived