New critter morph designs

The Drecko which makes Clay should be called "Terracotta Drecko" and be like the red-brown rooves of classic Italian houses: terracotta-roof-tiles-sinclair-stammers-

Fitting with the Italian theme, they eat Pincha Peppernuts and need an atmosphere of hot (+70C) Hydrogen to grow their scales. The challenge is to keep the environment hot, without getting it too hot, you only have a 15C range to work with. Works great with Electrolyzers' natural 70C output.

As for Pips, I don't think they should have any substantial output. Pips currently are already extremely useful for their unique ability to replant seeds. However their temperature range is somewhat restrictive. Instead of going full seasonal with the Pip varieties, why not lean into the "extreme-environment" aspect? The seasonal element can thus be kept as a more loose element of the design, rather than being explicitly called out.

1) Regular Pips stay as they are, perhaps even get nerfed slightly with a more restrictive, Dupe-standard temp range. These are your "spring" pips.

2) Your previous Icy Pip variety gains fairly extreme cold resistance, making them perfect for Wheezeworts & Sleet Wheat. These are your "winter" pips.

3) These new Orange Pips are your hot pips, able to survive just beyond the top range of plants. These are your "autumn" pips.

4) Dusty Pips are your "summer" pips. They can survive in even more extreme temperatures than Orange Pips, in a similar range to Shove Voles. They can also survive in vacuum, meaning they can make their way out into Space. Their leaves have folded around their face and turned grey, making it look like the Pip is wearing a mini-exosuit (keeping with the theme of Pips being parallel to dupes). They require keeping Orange Pips in vacuum to increase chances.

4b) I'd suggest adding a new plant to make the Dusty Pips more useful, Moon Plume. The Moon Plume needs vacuum, lots of Sunlight (only for domestic varieties), and is resistant to meteors. It can grow in any direction (including sideways), and is only 1 tile tall (letting it fit in the existing gaps common to the natural Space Biome). Moon Spores are the fruit, which can be combined with Pincha Peppernuts into Spicy Moon Juice at the Juicer, combined with Eggs into Moon Cocktail at the Gas Range, or Regolith into Moon Goop at the Grill (providing another outlet for Regolith processing, which also encourages cooling it down rather than heating it up).

The advantage of Pips shouldn't be an output, it should be the planting.

idle.gif.1e36a612b72988438cce35f67b7a2070.gifI finish the art for the adult aqua oil floater for the mod I Love Slicksters - Morphs ! 

Is meant to look like this:

ui_0.png.8c70d1d88416eb4c9e74df17808d2812.png

But the things on the back are yet to be animated by the creator of the mod.

The next mod will be drecko, ill do it in my free time, for now i have the glass drecko, would eat the salt plant and produce glass, another metal one that would produce lead on its scales. Another one idea is welcome. Thanks for reading.

Archived