The forgotten perk of wormwood

One of the perks of worwood is that hostile plants are neutral towards  him, and i think most of the new players don't know this positive trait.

this perk is really usefull in hamlet because of the plenty of hostile plants towards non-wormwood characters, however the only hostile plant in don't starve together are the eyeplants.

because of this think that wormwood should have a lureplant as starting item so that new players can discover what has to do that plant with wormwood

18 minutes ago, Catteflyterpill said:

The anenemy isn't a plant, it's a starfish and has the name of a sea anemone, also not a plant.

Biologically speaking, sea anemones are half-plant and half-animal.

1 hour ago, Ezaroth said:

Biologically speaking, sea anemones are half-plant and half-animal.

Sea anemones are a group of marine, predatory animals of the order Actiniaria. They are named after the anemone, a terrestrial flowering plant, because of the colourful appearance of many.

Nope.

It’s because Lureplant is unreliable defense, they don’t spawn eyeplants in winter and die instantly from red hounds fire in summer.

In addition that they eat all the loot, sure you can take it before they digest it but it will destroy them in progress and enemies that still alive there will attack you.

———————-

Maybe they can add more hostile plants to make the perk more relevant.

On 7/30/2019 at 9:29 AM, Pedrito said:

because of this think that wormwood should have a lureplant as starting item so that new players can discover what has to do that plant with wormwood

I don’t think it’s good idea because Lureplant takes lot of space which can be annoying seeing half of the road to the base covered by Lureplants.

11 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Sea anemones are a group of marine, predatory animals of the order Actiniaria. They are named after the anemone, a terrestrial flowering plant, because of the colourful appearance of many.

Nope.

You do know that wikipedia is not the only source of information, yeah?

1 minute ago, Ezaroth said:

You do know that wikipedia is not the only source of information, yeah?

National Geographic also states sea anemones are not plants, but rather invertebrates. It's not necessary a traditional definition of animal, but it certainly isn't a plant either.

EDIT: NG lists it in the "animals" category, too.

2 minutes ago, Mobbstar said:

National Geographic also states sea anemones are not plants, but rather invertebrates. It's not necessary a traditional definition of animal, but it certainly isn't a plant either.

"The sea anemone is an oddball: half-plant and half-animal, at least when it comes to its genetic code, new research suggests.

The sea creature's genes look more like those of animals, but the regulatory code that determines whether those genes are expressed resembles that in plants, according to a study published Tuesday (March 18) in the journal Genome Research."

50 minutes ago, Ezaroth said:

"The sea anemone is an oddball: half-plant and half-animal, at least when it comes to its genetic code, new research suggests.

The sea creature's genes look more like those of animals, but the regulatory code that determines whether those genes are expressed resembles that in plants, according to a study published Tuesday (March 18) in the journal Genome Research."

Viridiplantae ("real plants", sensu stricto) have cell walls made of cellulose and are capable of photosynthesis.[0] Sea anemones don’t photosynthetise and they don’t have cell walls.[1] Fungi have cell walls, though they are not made of cellulose.[2]

As said, they're not really either. Whether they tend towards plant or animal is just beyond the expertise of both of us.

Let's get back to the game creature. Wormwood treats fungi as friends, so he doesn't seem to care about genetical differences or cell walls a lot. In terms of gameplay, the fungi and most plants are growable. (Exception being Totally Normal Trees, of which Wormwood is unsure if they're friend or not.) The starfish anenemy things are not growable, not flammable, do not reproduce or regrow, and do not react to temperature. In terms of code, they also lack a "brain", which they have in common with the Pig King. :)

All in all, they behave as neither plant nor animal. I propose a new kingdom for a new clade called "organic tooth trap". :p

I'd love for Wormwood to spawn with a lureplant bulb. It'd be useless for the most part in first autumn, but once Spring rolls around you'd probably be able to set up a leafy meat farm, and possibly live off of them entirely with enough bulbs.

7 hours ago, Alexias said:

Maybe they can add more hostile plants to make the perk more relevant.

I don’t think it’s good idea because Lureplant takes lot of space which can be annoying seeing half of the road to the base covered by Lureplants.

Webber already has something that can cover lots of ground, and you don't see Webber players slapping those around willy nilly. What's to say the same wouldn't apply to Wormwood?

23 minutes ago, YouKnowWho said:

Webber already has something that can cover lots of ground, and you don't see competent* Webber players slapping those around willy nilly. What's to say the same wouldn't apply to Wormwood?

ftfy

1 hour ago, YouKnowWho said:

Webber already has something that can cover lots of ground, and you don't see Webber players slapping those around willy nilly. What's to say the same wouldn't apply to Wormwood?

Idk. I've seen plenty of eggs along the roads and by spawn in my few years of playing.

46 minutes ago, Axelocke said:

I do so very hope we can see new living plant life for Wormwood to interact with.

Poor Wormwood can't even befriend a tree guard, the closest thing to him! :wilson_worried:

lonesome indeed

On 30.7.2019 at 12:32 PM, Alexias said:

In addition that they eat all the loot, sure you can take it before they digest it but it will destroy them in progress and enemies that stay alive there will attack you.

Wormwood could be able to took out the loot of the lureplant like from a chest.

yay i can see all the lureplant planted at the portal already xxxD even new players without the intention to troll will plant them at portal by mistake xD

still good idea. i just hope it woudnt be like with webber players who plant evrywhere spiders

Archived