Communal Fanart Thread

34 minutes ago, RageLeague said:

On an unrelated note, the author of the Percy Jackson series is writing a new series called Trials of Apollo, where Apollo gets cast down by Zeus and has to do demigod stuff to reclaim his god power.

i know, i'm reading it. give me a minute and, if you like the books as well, perhaps we can converse on this topic.

*ahem*

Spoiler

So i'm at chapter 20 or around the early 20's and i like the book in the same way i clung to the books like smith clings to the bottle like children cling to their parents. i sincerely hope the series will keep his immortal pompous attitude, because if he's mortal, he may actually learn something about how to have a conscience and the "holier than thou" attitude seems to be dissipating later into the book in comparison to when he calls himself Apollo while covered in garbage and as a 16 yr old lestor.

also i thought they'd pull the rug out with meg not actually being a demi-god, instead she's just a normal girl and apollo realizes this adventure would be different to his other mortalities since...y'd know if you'd read the book that this isn't a normal mortality punishment and instead he has to do something.

Also read magnus chase and the kane chronicles if you like rick riordan mythological fictions

So i've had an idea rattling around my head for a while of bendy from hell's studio being drawn like griftlands and, more specifically, in griftlands shot-reverse shot dialogue pose.

problem is, i've never been able to get a vivid picture of it in my head and my hand is incapable of following what my head wants, which it can't decide on.

you see the problem here, right?

here's my best attempt in a quick little sketch.

20200826_220701.thumb.jpg.dd8adf0d996cd0708cc4536eaea4df5f.jpg

Bendy's coughs always came with a black ooze. It's unclear if it's a medical condition or a perpetual "something he ate" situation.

(I'm just gonna drop some random doodles/rough storyboards I was poking at to fight my artblock lol)

Spoiler

Context: Rook's ALWAYS a drunk nightmare when we play him on streams and he's taking years off Fellemo's life ahaha
...and honestly in our bastardization I'm realizing he's functionally the same as Smith LMAO

image.thumb.png.c68e38044872b6cb8e30770904fd9424.png

unknown.png

Bonus: He sleemp.. .
image.png.42c0e6d4487ad0a343620787910bb9e7.png

7 hours ago, Wumpus the 19th said:

allow me to step in and explain smith.

first of all, i would like to link my post i made about the banquod family right here

Reveal hidden contents

Secondly, smith's actual personality is supposed to be that of a naive rich kid, one who's never had to learn consequences in his 36 years on havaria.

he had rolled a seven in a world where the dice we're rigged for snake eyes, being able to cite his parents on many an issue in order to avoid punishment or repentance.

whatever kindness and genuine concern was likely ditched underneath slabs of regenerated skin and bottles of booze, as he has been partial to heavy drinking and then bar fighting for amusement.

he does however have a heart, somewhere in between the triple livers, and has an easy going personality due to his lack of knowledge of repercussions.

in short...he's a sitcom character. refer to Apollo from the Percy Jackson series to get a rough example of a guy like him.

OK! Thx a lot for replying and the in-depth link :)

Doodling as I "trained" a fellow employee at work and was only slightly useful 20% of the time maybe. Not all of these pages were drawn over one shift, but over half of them were done today as the guy pretty much knows the stuff already and I was kinda just there.

Spoiler

Forgot what a Xenomorph looks like, but I think I kinda know Sal pretty well by now.
Also Skyrim belongs to the Nords I guess.
IMG_20200828_0001.thumb.png.17a06d46fa3dec2924104c4fddd75396.png

The "scribbling furiously and hoping a landscape comes out and whoops totally forgot how those drill machines look" pages
IMG_20200828_0002.thumb.png.306d45ab94084137af80faaf282e7cfc.png

and finally the power couple drawing inspired by the cheerleading card of old. Still don't know how to draw guns or Smith's hammer; some education is overdue.
IMG_20200828_0003.thumb.png.e7aaf83317a3b6caafdc5f33cc53a5e1.png

Griftlands is a poison on the mind.

(I've posted these elsewhere but I don't think I dropped them in the forums yet)
1. 2x Smith combo™
2. Some storybeat sketches for a very pissed Fellemo dealing with a very drunk Rook

I'll never be able to top Rook's face in the first pic again though sorry to disappoint you all so soon :frown:

On 8/29/2020 at 2:29 AM, ResettePlayer said:

Doodling as I "trained" a fellow employee at work and was only slightly useful 20% of the time maybe. Not all of these pages were drawn over one shift, but over half of them were done today as the guy pretty much knows the stuff already and I was kinda just there.

Hide contents

Forgot what a Xenomorph looks like, but I think I kinda know Sal pretty well by now.
Also Skyrim belongs to the Nords I guess.
IMG_20200828_0001.thumb.png.17a06d46fa3dec2924104c4fddd75396.png

The "scribbling furiously and hoping a landscape comes out and whoops totally forgot how those drill machines look" pages
IMG_20200828_0002.thumb.png.306d45ab94084137af80faaf282e7cfc.png

and finally the power couple drawing inspired by the cheerleading card of old. Still don't know how to draw guns or Smith's hammer; some education is overdue.
IMG_20200828_0003.thumb.png.e7aaf83317a3b6caafdc5f33cc53a5e1.png

Griftlands is a poison on the mind.

I recognise Him

56 minutes ago, Wumpus the 19th said:

3 patches in 9 hours. You've gotten good at patch making, although you might be making the robot slave work a little bit too hard for it's supper.

Eh, it survived cranking out 8 in 14 hours when I finished the faction badges. (Mind you I've only been showing off the Griftlands related work here, the robot is tasked with many other things in your average day.) 

Spoiler
8 hours ago, WildmanOfBorneo said:

Eh, it survived cranking out 8 in 14 hours when I finished the faction badges. (Mind you I've only been showing off the Griftlands related work here, the robot is tasked with many other things in your average day.) 

We all thank Jade for their service :, )

Archived