Communal Fanart Thread

4 minutes ago, warlepidoptera said:

Oh my god! This outfit swap is EXTREMELY good. Is it me or Sal and Smith in Rook's clothes look really great?  

I have a Theory about this.

At least in Western culture, civilian fashion can be heavily influenced by military clothing, particularly the older, more ceremonial stuff. Look up images of "men's winter coats" and most of what you see will have some sort of military influence. So it's possible that we have been conditioned over generations to find that style of clothing to be appealing and cool, even aspirational.

The simpler answer is that Rook's outfit was designed to be Real Good.

10 hours ago, minespatch said:

Smith head designs

I love how you draw him, it's so expressive!!

1 hour ago, ResettePlayer said:

snip

omg they look so stylish!! Also yeah Rook totally hides all those... tendril things or whatever they are under his cap lol

40 minutes ago, ResettePlayer said:

At least in Western culture, civilian fashion can be heavily influenced by military clothing, particularly the older, more ceremonial stuff. Look up images of "men's winter coats" and most of what you see will have some sort of military influence. So it's possible that we have been conditioned over generations to find that style of clothing to be appealing and cool, even aspirational.

That actually makes a lot of sense! This kind of clothes are very satisfying to look at. And now that I think about it, having them on Sal and Smith makes it feel life they dressed fancy for some kind of special occasion or something, which is really nice

6 hours ago, onetinybee said:

Someone said Oshnu so I'll just leave this here :D

gasp aaa you're here!! I'm so happy to see ya, welcome to the forums!! and I know I said this on tumblr but god the amount of detail you put into this is incredible... and yes, let Sal be happy she deserves it ;v;

2 hours ago, WildmanOfBorneo said:

Big Mood 2020

Yeah pretty much and DAMN this one turned out great

Have a question about Smith's personality. I always thought that he's this short fused out of control guy, but kind hearted with good intentions. On the other hand in art he's often being portrayed as just mean and nasty, bully like (see pic above for example). So who are we dealing with here? :)

3 minutes ago, Smife said:

Have a question about Smith's personality. I always thought that he's this short fused out of control guy, but kind hearted with good intentions. On the other hand in art he's often being portrayed as just mean and nasty, bully like (see pic above for example). So who are we dealing with here? :)

Oh it wasnt my intention to make him evil here. but for me he's that kind of guy that would never so no to a brawl. and sometimes even provoke one.

2 hours ago, onetinybee said:

Oh it wasnt my intention to make him evil here. but for me he's that kind of guy that would never so no to a brawl. and sometimes even provoke one.

But why would he want that? Does he find enjoyment in causing pain to others or is it simply his way to express his feelings, blow off steam? That's what I would like to know.

allow me to step in and explain smith.

first of all, i would like to link my post i made about the banquod family right here

Spoiler

Secondly, smith's actual personality is supposed to be that of a naive rich kid, one who's never had to learn consequences in his 36 years on havaria.

he had rolled a seven in a world where the dice we're rigged for snake eyes, being able to cite his parents on many an issue in order to avoid punishment or repentance.

whatever kindness and genuine concern was likely ditched underneath slabs of regenerated skin and bottles of booze, as he has been partial to heavy drinking and then bar fighting for amusement.

he does however have a heart, somewhere in between the triple livers, and has an easy going personality due to his lack of knowledge of repercussions.

in short...he's a sitcom character. refer to Apollo from the Percy Jackson series to get a rough example of a guy like him.

2 hours ago, Wumpus the 19th said:

in short...he's a sitcom character. refer to Apollo from the Percy Jackson series to get a rough example of a guy like him.

On an unrelated note, the author of the Percy Jackson series is writing a new series called Trials of Apollo, where Apollo gets cast down by Zeus and has to do demigod stuff to reclaim his god power.

Archived